Movie Thread

Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
I saw Ford v Ferrari over the weekend, and I got to say - go see it in the theaters if you can. This is one of those movies like Gravity where watching it at home just won’t give you the same experience.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Saw the film “Hobbes & Shaw”, and I’m glad that they made this film separate from the main Fast & Furious franchise. With that said, I thought the film was good, not great but it had some good action and comedy in it. Funny that this film is a lot better than the previous two or three films from the main franchise, and this one doesn’t even involve cars all that much. My boy Statham did good in this one.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Shit this is really bad

ok for context about the story:

What happened was that last night in England, a group of teenagers (with the youngest being a 13 year old girl) armed with knives and machetes attacked a cinema called Vue during a showing of Frozen 2. No one was killed, but a lot of people where scared and a lot of people got injured too.

The police got called in, and then it escalated to the point where the police needed to bring in batons, tasers and attack dogs, and it eventually devolved into a massive brawl of about 100 people. The gang who started this attack have apparently all been arrested, and a few police officers are currently in hospital due to injuries.

Now the movie that got banned (Blue Story) is a rap drama made by a musician called Rapman, which is a movie about young gangs and gang wars in modern London. Because of this, people re saying that Blue Story was the main motivation for the attack, even though evidence is pointing to this not being the case.

Despite this, the cinema chains Vue and Showcase have cancelled all screenings of this movie due to this incident (TO show how big this is, Vue and Showcase are the 3rd and 2nd biggest theatre chains in the UK, respectively)

And now because of this ban, a lot of people are upset about this, including Rapman, the guy who made the movie.  
He said that the movie doesn’t glamourize gang violence, and he said that while having something like this happening to the cinema is horrible, he says that the blame should be placed on the people who decided to start the attack in the first place, not the movie
🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@icey wicey 1517  
Wouldn’t it be funny if they had more violence over cancelling the showing? The capitalist overloards need to be put in their place with rioting (yet again).
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
Movies that I have seen this year (2019) (part one)
  1. Dragon Ball Super: Broly [FIRST ANIME FILM I HAVE SEEN IN THEATRES] (dir. Tatsuya Nagamine / writ. Akira Toriyama / from Toei Animation and Funimation)
  2. Aquaman (dir. James Wan / writ. David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick & Will Beall / from DC and Warner Bros.)
  3. Captain Marvel (dir. Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck / writ. Boden, Fleck and Geneva Robertson-Dworet / from Marvel Studios)
  4. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World / dir. writ. Dean DeBlois / from DreamWorks Animation)
  5. Avengers: Endgame (dir. Anthony & Joe Russo / writ. Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely / from Marvel Studios)
  6. Godzilla: King of the Monsters (dir. Michael Dougherty / writ. Michael Dougherthy, Max Borenstein & Zach Shields / from Toho, Legendary and Warner Bros.)
  7. Godzilla: The Planet Eater (dir. Hiroyuki Seshita & Kobun Shizuno / writ. Gen Urobuchi & Sadayuki Murai / from Toho Animation and Netflix)
  8. Toy Story 4 (dir. Josh Cooley / writ. Stephany Folsom & Andrew Stanton / from Disney-Pixar)
  9. Spider-Man: Far from Home (dir. Jon Watts / writ. Erik Sommers & Chris McKenna / from Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios)
  10. Fast & Furious: Hobbs and Shaw (dir. David Leitch / writ. Chris Morgan & Drew Pearce / from Universal Pictures)
  11. Steven Universe: The Movie (dir. Rebecca Sugar, Joe Johnston and Kat Morris / writ. Lamar Abrams, Miki Brewster, Amber Cragg, Hilary Florido, Joe Johnston, Amish Kumar, Jeff Liu, Katie Mitroff, Kat Morris, Chris Pianka, Maddie Queripel, Rebecca Sugar, Paul Villeco / from Cartoon Network)
  12. The Lion King 2019 (dir. Jon Favreau / writ. Jeff Nathanson / from Disney)

13. The Addams Family (dir. Greg Tiernan and Conrad Vernon / writ. Matt Lieberman, Erica Rivinoja and Conrad Vernon / from MGM and Cinesite)  
14. Dolemite is My Name (dir. Craig Brewer / writ. Scott Alexander and Larry Karazewski / from Netflix)  
15. Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (dir./writ. Rian Johnson / from Lucasfilm)  
16. The LEGO Movie (dir. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller / writ. Lord-Miller, Kevin and Dan Hageman / from Warner Animation Group)  
17. Klaus (dir. Sergio Pablos / writ. Sergio Pablos, Jim Mahoney and Zach Lewis / from SPA Studios, Atresmedia and Netflix)  
18. The Lego Movie 2 (dir. Mike Mitchell / writ. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller and Matthew Fogel / from Warner Animation Group)  
19. 6 Underground (dir. Michael Bay / writ. Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick/ from Netflix)  
20. The Secret Life of Pets 2 (dir. Chris Renaud and Jonathan del Val / writ. Brian Lynch / from Illumination and Universal Pictures)

Told you i would continue.

Next year I’ll make another one. Hopefully
Zerowinger
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
So, to revive this thread a bit:

Next Sunday is the Academy Awards. I’ve only seen two of the Best Picture nominees: Joker and Ford v Ferrari. Personally, I’m pulling for Ford v Ferrari, mainly because I think it’s been severely underrepresented in the other categories - Matt Damon and Christian Bale both should’ve gotten nominations for their performances.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Forgot to post this, but I finally saw The Joker. I thought it was good and Joaquin killed it playing as the titular character.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
Also, i hope Sonic succeeds so it can make me realize that 2D only releases can succeed when PR2017 and MLP failed while not being R-rated films

Update: IT. FUCKING. DID.

64 million dollars on the domestic box office with an overall total of 113 MILLION BUCKS! It did as I hoped and I hope they can make a sequel to Sonic and not pull an MLP with this film series.

It’s a miracle, even for a 2D-only release!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide