The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Sparx
For me the general rule for a PUNK is the juxtaposition of a high-science, high tech/ high-fantasy with lowlife / street life.

Anytime I see an enormous gap of power between the wealthy and the poor, the criminal and the law-abiding, the super pragmatist vs moral idealist, it could be a punk.

The idea is that, science tech and magic SHOULD make life better for everyone, yet somehow in a world abundant of such things, life has somehow gotten worse, either caused directly by tech and science, or caused by a freak accident that neither tech nor science can fix.

Pessimism and skepticism towards promises made by organized religion, government, Megacorp or any other authoritative entity is part of the Punk experience.

On the flip side, optimism and trust towards personal gods, a tight-knit family, small to medium sized businesses and a group of best friends is usually present.
Background Pony #7E57
@Dustcan
Yeah but you know Al has something big fo #50 issue he said few plot points will move to his run on Guardians
Background Pony #7E57
Fan fact: Paru Itagaki creator of Beastars Manga is daughter of Keisuke Itagaki creator Baki the Grappler manga
northern haste
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Enter if you dare
Paul King is the director of wonka
who was also director of the paddington movie those were pretty good
peter capaldi better be in it
CaptainXtra

El Paso Resident
What’s the reason we never see any Battle Droids amongst the Rebellion?

(Haven’t watched any newer films in full after The Force Awakens).

Did not a single one of those fellas survive the Clone Wars?
Posted Report
Dustcan
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

@CaptainXtra

They were shutdown alongside Order 66. So there was basically none active by the time of the Original Trilogy.

One episode of Rebels did show a single platoon of droids resisted the shutdown order, but even after being convinced to combat the Empire only about one shuttle's worth of droids got away. So their droid commander basically told the Crew of the Ghost "Ok we're bros now. But fighting the Empire is suicide at our strength. Peace out y'all."
Posted Report
Background Pony #7E57
Donny Cates is leaving Venom with Landmark #200 issue he says has more Marvel comics in the works
Posted Report
tehwatever
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Google politely suggested me a webcomic through one of its articles.

The webcomic is a drama webcomic revolving a pastry shop called Gourmet Hound, with our MC being an employee there.

Now, I usually dont read webcomic, especially a cooking one. I dont even read feking…Shougeki no Soma.

But considering one of its prominent supporting recurring character is a Hijabi who co-owns the titular pastry shop…

I couldn't just say NO
Posted Report
tehwatever
Artist -

I suppose my one current purpose in life currently is to find as many hijabi / hooded women characters in fiction as possible.

I know X-Men got that skin-tight abaya-wearing Dust. Young Justice's got Halo. Glitch Techs got Zahra, Mass Effect has Tali Zora. oh and ofc, my favorite background pony

Okay who else. Imma start putting a personal list of hijabi characters in fiction, which shouldn't even be too many, unless I start counting really obscure works.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~