Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I don’t think I will ever understand why TV shows with huge epic plots feel the need to throw in romantic drama for tension, when those shows already have plenty of sources for natural tension.
The world is ending, there are generation-spanning conflicts coming to a head and dark forces rising up to take over, but sure, Cindy, let’s focus on how awkward things have been since you and Brad broke up. I’m sure you won’t totally get back together by the end of the series.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Meanlucario
But it just feels overdone. Every single time it happens, it’s the same as every other TV romance since Ross and Rachel. And it’s not like there aren’t easy ways of giving romance some tension while keeping it original and not breaking up the couple, but these shows always go for the lowest common denominator tripe.
Posted Report
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
At this point, I wish animation creators and writers should learn to not screw up heterosexual and or LGBT romance with drama.
If they keep doing that, romance will never be loved nor be in any western animation that isn’t a boring looking slice of life. Or worse, everyone will think every hetero pairing will be forced.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide