Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
There is a huge refined sugar crisis, that’s strongly correlated to our sudden rise in obesity.
While eating meat has a lot of benefits, it’s not supposed to be a large part of our diet. Protein isn’t even the reason a lot of otherwise herbivores evolved to eat meat.
Adults don’t need milk. I mean it’s pretty useful, it can fill in that small meat role too.
Juice is too dense. I just water it down.
Soda is not a water replacement.
Back in the day people ate like alcoholic homeless people, and they where jacked, and motivated.
American capitalism has deranged our diets, and the culture is now fucking up England too (haha, they deserve a mild prank). Everything that once had good intentions got deranged to maximize profits.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Beth
You seem unaware that corporations here in the USA paid scientist to lie about sugar and fat, having most of the blame for obesity on the latter and pretending the former is the healthier alternative.
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
Oh I know all about payed science, i could be missing something you’re aware of, I deleted paragraphs and paragraphs just to not to take over this thread. A lot of this to me is understood in such tremendous detail, it’s very hard to derange my view, it would fringe on lying about the electric charge of basic chemicals, eventually it’s impossible.
Before I rail off. What do you mean to lie about sugar and fat? You mean they’re protecting these? or casting blame on them to cover up a bigger issue? Sugar is not the healthier alternative. Refined sugar is downright unnatural.
When you eat too much fat, it ends up in your stool, your body only makes so much bile to break it down at a time. Eating fat itself rarely contributes much to obesity.
Government is actually really trying to protect sugar as the cheapest form of food energy, the science just bust out of the woodworks. Eat too much sugar, it’s water soluble and ends up immediately in your bloodstream, body can only respond by trying to urinate it out or make your adipose tissue absorb it.
The massive amount of meat and animal products is about government subsidies, that’s a little complex, these things aren’t bad, just overconsumed.
The main causes of obesity are linked to much of our economic development. Automation, overmedication, and the rise in refined sugar. (nobody stop taking your pills on my word, i’m not qualified nor willing to bust that one down for you)
I’m in immaculate health, but i should have a little empathy, people can have complex health issues.
Alcohol is the unemployed brother of sugar. It’s one of the most dangerous drugs in the world, and it’s popularized for its profitability, you pretty much make it with sugar.
EDIT: Oh I actually omitted information about fat being blamed for the damages of sugar, i see what you said clearly now. My post was way too heavy, so i cut out most of the stuff that’s political, or too close to medical advice. You’re right.
Beth

In digital purgatory
Oh I don’t mind if you question me. Pumpkins are great.
I’m a huge fan of pumpkin pie and jack-o-lanterns.
It’s not a common food for me, i can’t make a smart boy health remark on it, I just assume it’s fine some times.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Beth
Saying that fat is the cause of main obesity, not sugar. We are still feeling the effects of the false marketing, with corporations lobbing to keep the goverment from punishing them for abusing the additive due to its addictive nature.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
You mean you think fat is to blame? I mean it could spike your blood sugar more than the bile allows, gut bacteria will also turn fat into sugar.
I think sugar is more addictive, it’s water soluble energy, it’s already in your blood stream the moment it hits your tounge. For different kinds of sugars, sucrase even exists in the mouth, so sugar hits you the moment it touches your mouth.
I need to study the adverse effect of fat more. I never had a problem with it, and assumed sugar, drugs, and lethargy where the bigger culprits.
EDIT: My diet is already lowfat by design, most of my energy comes from complex carbs and plant protien. I’m not adverse to the idea that any excessive amount of energy in the body could lead to obesity, protein seems the less likely to, but all the electrolytes in excessive meat consumption can be dangerous.

It looks like total sugars is doing a thing here, then the population reflexively started avoiding total sugars, but obsesity didn’t drop. I dunno. I’m not saying this is strong evidence for anything.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
Oh thank goodness. I’ll work on being more clear, and checking the context of your sentence.
That would have really messed up my ego. That being said, I should look into fat more, and how it came to be of blame. Usually when science is paid, there is often some weak correlation they go on. Best lies have a little truth.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music Connoisseur
Just watched Casablanca because of one of my college classes, I don’t know why Ilsa got so pissed off at Rick for feeling betrayed for not arriving at the train station. I get that she just found out that Laszlo was still alive and she was still
“married” to him and didn’t want to feel like she was cheating on him, but couldn’t she have been understanding to Rick for feeling like his heart got stabbed in the heart for not escaping Paris together? I just couldn’t sympathize with her at all, if I was Rick, I’d feel the same way too.
Also, I don’t buy that Laszlo and Ilsa were happily married when we barely even saw the both of them together, if it showed some scenes of the both of them together and Ilsa having doubts over the marriage and thinking about Rick, the climax of the movie would’ve been a lot stronger in my opinion.
Posted Report
Background Pony #967B
I think comics and fantasy are so different people should not compare them.
A lot of people like to compare fantasy with superheroes, but I always felt like is very short sighted. Each one has different obejctives and contexts.
What you want in a fantasy movie might not applu to a superhero movie for instance.
And also I think general critics can miss the point compared to critics that are more dedicated to something specific like fantasy or superheroes
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I don’t get why people hated it when Naruto said “Believe It”
So what if Dattebayo is actually low class vocal tic?
Believe it fit Naruto’s character perfectly.
Was it cheesy and cringy? Yep. And isn’t that what the character Naruto in his simple sincere attitude is like?
Personally I love it and hearing the dub make Naruto say, ya know, is the most dissapointing thing ever.
I can’t help but think the fans who hated him saying Believe it don’t really get what kind of guy Naruto is and are focused on superficial one to one translation and simply thought of Naruto as a cool shonen dude.
Thanotos Omega
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
No it’s just as bad, Naruto is just designed to be loud and flashy, shonen is just key jingle distraction style entertainment, adding blood and tna doesn’t make it any different from the same kind of stuff in western media,
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide