Super Smash Bros General Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I’m thinking of spending all my gold MyNintendo coins on Piranha Plant, because I want that character.

Also, funny coincidence, but I recently noticed in the end credits for SSBU, two of the voice actors are Cam Clark, and Rob Paulsen, whom voiced the Ninja Turtles in the old cartoons. (Though, don’t get your hopes up for the TMNT as DLC.)  
I can’t believe Rob “Pinkie & the Brain” Paulsen is Grey Fox.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
So I only am realizing this now but I kinda get why they reduced the number of Pikmin that Olimar uses in Smash. At first the obvious reasons were because the 3DS could support less Pikmin (They also move at 30fps) and because Olimar has Winged Pikmin in his group which could only support so much weight (though I think there are plenty of solutions around that).  
The main reason overall I think is because of how many Pikmin would be on screen, I mean in Brawl you could have up to 6 at once and since there could be 4-players that means you could have a total of 24 Pikmin on one stage  
(28 if you include Olimars).  
Olimar/Alph currently can only hold 3 at once, but with the edition of 8-players that equels to 24 Pikmin in total  
(32 if you include Olimar/Alph)  
So if they decided to bring back the regular number from Brawl with the edition of 8-player Smash that would equel up to a total of 48 Pikmin on screen  
(56 including Olimar/Alph) which is a lot of Pikmin running around, not to mention the inclusion of stage hazards, assist trophies, pokeballs and whatnot odds are the game probably could not support so much happening on screen.

Well that’s just my thought anyways.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
So I only am realizing this now but I kinda get why they reduced the number of Pikmin that Olimar uses in Smash. At first the obvious reasons were because the 3DS could support less Pikmin (They also move at 30fps) and because Olimar has Winged Pikmin in his group which could only support so much weight (though I think there are plenty of solutions around that).
The main reason overall I think is because of how many Pikmin would be on screen, I mean in Brawl you could have up to 6 at once and since there could be 4-players that means you could have a total of 24 Pikmin on one stage
(28 if you include Olimars).
Olimar/Alph currently can only hold 3 at once, but with the edition of 8-players that equels to 24 Pikmin in total
(32 if you include Olimar/Alph)
So if they decided to bring back the regular number from Brawl with the edition of 8-player Smash that would equel up to a total of 48 Pikmin on screen
(56 including Olimar/Alph) which is a lot of Pikmin running around, not to mention the inclusion of stage hazards, assist trophies, pokeballs and whatnot odds are the game probably could not support so much happening on screen.
Well that’s just my thought anyways.

Also, juggling three Pikmin is a LOT easier than juggling six (since each individual color of Pikmin adds different characteristics all Pikmin-using attacks, which is like 75% of Olimar’s moveset).
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
That rant video I posted about SSBU nearly two weeks ago is still in my mind. I agree that SSBU’s single player content is really weak compared to Brawl’s and Smash 4’s but when he still started ranting about the character choices, I can’t help but say “Sorry dude, you salty” and “What the fuck do you want them to do?” Smash Bros’s character choices have always been a mix between the character’s or series’ legacy and made to plug the newest and/or upcoming game of an established series. Also, appealing to Nintendo’s biggest franchises shouldn’t be a big surprise. They have always been the top priority for Smash Bros games since those series still make them money. As much as I would love to see more Mother/Earthbound content, the Smash team really doesn’t have much left to work with compared to Mario and Pokémon, which are always been updated with new content.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide