RWBY Thread

Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Because I’m a dum-dum, here’s last week’s episode…

Volume 7 Ep 11

Heading right into the Ironwood vs. Watts fight, excellent.

FUCKING HELL IRONWOOD FREAKING FLIES ON THE RECOIL OF HIS GUN. Not this is a new thing by any stretch, Ruby’s been doing that since Volume 1, but she’s a small girl with a large rifle. For a man like Ironwood to recoil-boost with a handgun is INSANE.

NEW SONG?! NEW SINGER?!

Watts is counting shots? And these gravity shenanigans!

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER. Aaaand Watts’ Aura is broken.

Watts, Watts, Watts…Ironwood is the self-sacrificing type. If he has to burn his only remaining fleshy arm to kill you, so be it.

Interesting. It seems that Watts firmly believes that Ironwood could actually beat Salem if he sacrificed everything, but also believes that simply defeating Salem won’t be enough. It will never be enough, because people, as imperfect as they are, will still exist.

Qrow vs. Tyrian, Round 2!

Okay, that was badass, Qrow flipping his sword up to free both hands for a few quick punches, and then catching it on the downstroke.

Oh shit,Tyrian is activating Berserker Mode!

Well, it’s about time Robin wised up and used trick arrows that can do more than just stab somebody. Though it seems Tyrian has been beaten, he put up one HELL of a fight: he held his own against THREE fully-trained Hunters. That’s nuts.

Robin literally kicking the grin off of Tyrian’s face was SO petty, but very cathartic.

Wait, is Watts dead? Ironwood is bandaged up and he has Watts’ bag o’ tricks.

Oh shit, Cinder.

Now Ironwood may be paranoid, but he’s got a good point. How do we know that EVERYTHING wasn’t all Salem’s plan from the very beginning? Being immortal, everything and EVERYONE is expendable to her. Watts and Tyrian, two of her strongest minions, may very well have been just pawns to sacrifice to get to the Relic.

Oh shit, Blake and Yang are about to be called out for leaking Amity to Robin. It was the only way to get her on their side, and it was a HUGE risk, but it played out well…. I can only hope Ironwood will go easy on them.

You know, in hindsight, it was a BAD IDEA to carry known enemy tech into a secure location like Ironwood’s office. And now Tentacle Grimm is here. And now Salem probably knows everything.

So I was right. Tyrian and Watts are expendable, if that was it took to get Salem a prime spot to crush Atlas and get the Relics.

”Your mother said those words to me…” Did Summer Rose really encounter Salem, or is it just more lies to unbalance Ruby?

God, I hate that screechy noise. Reminds me of horror games and movies.

Snap out of it Ruby! Keep yourself together!

Oh crap. Ironwood is playing his trump card, his last resort. End the WInter Maiden’s life, transfer power over to Winter. Except Cinder is also heading that direction. Can one body even hold two Maidens’ worth of power, in case the worst happens?

It’s all coming crashing down. Metaphorically, anyway. Hopefully not literally.
Background Pony #D8CD
Man, Ironwood really fell like a tuna into Cinder’s trap. This is exactly what Cinder meant to cause.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Vol 7 Ep 12

||That’s pretty scary, Ruby’s desperate voice behind a filter of static. ||

||Ah crap. Clover v. Qrow? Qrow, along with all of RWBYJNRO are wanted fugitives now. ||

||ROBIN! HOLY SHIT. Can we PLEASE secure the armed-and-dangerous master criminal BEFORE this in-fighting? ||

||Big fucking surprise. The chaos of combat gave Tyrian the tiny opening he needed to escape. And now he’s crashed the plane. ||

||It bothers Winter a WHOLE LOT, Penny. But condemning thousands to death to save millions is just another tough decision. ||

||And now we’re cutting to the Ace-Ops vs. RWBY ||

||Marrow is unsure, which he should be. I’m hopinh he’ll be able to convince the others to coll their jets here. ||

||Speedster battle! ||

||Don’t give Ruby that bullshit, Harriet. You liked them too, but just because they’re now on your boss’ shitlist, you immediately flipped over. ||

||Yang giving the old ORA ORA ORA to Elm! ||

||I love how DYNAMIC these fights are. ||

||Elm is a hot-head, just like Yang. ||

||Tyrian has an INSANE pain tolerance to be able to do that old “dislocate your thumb to escape handcuffs” trick. ||

||”I’m trying to arrest her, not kill her!” Thank you Marrow! ||

||Necessary, is it? Spilling their blood is necessary, is it? ||

||Okay, that was badass. Blake doing the “ninja log” thing to trick Vine into grabbing Yang’s bombs ||

||Marrow, Marrow, Marrow. Weiss is the WORST person you could have used your Semblance on. ||  
||Yang’s Semblance makes its glorious return! ||

||Well, that was….anticlimactic. Weiss, Blake and Yang kicked total ass, but Ruby…just kinda played keep-away the whole time. ||

||Hey, it’s Oscar.. ||

||Nope, just Neo. Bout time she gets her clock cleaned. ||

||We’re really going with this Aura-Transfer Machine shit again? Because it worked SO WELL last time? $20 says somebody, probably Neo, fucks it up at the last second. Go ahead, just watch. ||

||Oh sure, go check the noise alone and leave the Winter Maiden unguarded. ||

||Clover’s dead. Well, we all expected SOMEONE to bite it this Volume. ||

||Fucking hell. None of this would have happened if everyone could have just CALMED THE FUCK DOWN. ||
Background Pony #D8CD
@Random-Rambling

Cinder’s plan worked a lot better than it should have, and that kinda pisses me off. Seriously, I know that RWBY is not the typical “the good guys win the bad guys lose” show but, could CRWBY make it a bit less depressing and hopelessly? And people wonder why I like the Chibi spin-off a lot more. JESUS.
Alexk13
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Random-Rambling  
I honestly want to list Clover as “Lawful Stupid” for not thinking to first help take down Tyrian, a known serial killer of a high threat level.

Way to make me lose sympathy for a character and turn me off the finale.

@Background Pony #9544

I’m ready to completely abandon canon and stick to mostly fan works; it wouldn’t be the first franchise to do so.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Random-Rambling  
See, I never liked team Ironwood. I knew damn well they’d do something stupid like this. They’re soldiers through and through, and don’t care about how they’ll finish their missions. Penny is more human than them.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Vol 7 Ep 12

That’s pretty scary, Ruby’s desperate voice behind a filter of static.

Ah crap. Clover v. Qrow? Qrow, along with all of RWBYJNRO are wanted fugitives now.

ROBIN! HOLY SHIT. Can we PLEASE secure the armed-and-dangerous master criminal BEFORE this in-fighting?

Big fucking surprise. The chaos of combat gave Tyrian the tiny opening he needed to escape. And now he’s crashed the plane.

It bothers Winter a WHOLE LOT, Penny. But condemning thousands to death to save millions is just another tough decision.

And now we’re cutting to the Ace-Ops vs. RWBY

Marrow is unsure, which he should be. I’m hopinh he’ll be able to convince the others to coll their jets here.

Speedster battle!

Don’t give Ruby that bullshit, Harriet. You liked them too, but just because they’re now on your boss’ shitlist, you immediately flipped over.

Yang giving the old ORA ORA ORA to Elm!

I love how DYNAMIC these fights are.

Elm is a hot-head, just like Yang.

Tyrian has an INSANE pain tolerance to be able to do that old “dislocate your thumb to escape handcuffs” trick.

”I’m trying to arrest her, not kill her!” Thank you Marrow!

Necessary, is it? Spilling their blood is necessary, is it?

Okay, that was badass. Blake doing the “ninja log” thing to trick Vine into grabbing Yang’s bombs

Marrow, Marrow, Marrow. Weiss is the WORST person you could have used your Semblance on.  
Yang’s Semblance makes its glorious return!

Well, that was….anticlimactic. Weiss, Blake and Yang kicked total ass, but Ruby…just kinda played keep-away the whole time.

Hey, it’s Oscar..

Nope, just Neo. Bout time she gets her clock cleaned.

We’re really going with this Aura-Transfer Machine shit again? Because it worked SO WELL last time? $20 says somebody, probably Neo, fucks it up at the last second. Go ahead, just watch.

Oh sure, go check the noise alone and leave the Winter Maiden unguarded.

Clover’s dead. Well, we all expected SOMEONE to bite it this Volume.

Fucking hell. None of this would have happened if everyone could have just CALMED THE FUCK DOWN.
Background Pony #D8CD
Ok, I’ll admit that finale wasn’t half bad. Even so, I still think that the parenthesys with Qrow in previous episode was the most fucked up Moment in the series.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Vol 7 Ep 13

SEASON FINALE TIME!

Sigh. I get that JNR and Oscar have very little experience fighting Neo, but jeez louise, I didn’t think they’d get bodied THIS hard.

Okay, that was good on Oscar and Jaune. Go on the defensive, because Neo SPECIALIZES in being a slippery counter-attacker.

How the hell? When did she have the time to set up a clone?

I suppose I can’t fault Neo for bailing the instant she senses that her opponents are starting to wise up to her tricks.

You’re one to talk about power, Cinder. You think the world will be any better if YOU (or Salem) were the ones with all the power? Or are you more the “we’re rotten to the core, burn it all to the ground” type?

Fucking hell, Winter’s out of Aura and currently falling to her death. Penny’s gonna save her, which gives Cinder the PERFECT opening to kill them both.

Or not. Apparently Cinder doesn’t give a shit about “finishing what she started”.

Yay for altruistic Penny!

Ah hell. Oscar hasn’t had the hardcore training the others have had, and now he’s lost.

Ren! You fell for the oldest trick in the book! Seriously, you’re BETTER than this!

Fria may be old, but she’s still a MAIDEN.

Damn, that’s impressive. So cold it burns.

I know you can be rebuilt, but don’t needlessly sacrifice yourself Penny!

Oscar, don’t be a hero!

Oh God, is Penny going to be the next Winter Maiden? That’d be one hell of a twist.

Oh God. OH GOD. IRONWOOD JUST SHOT OSCAR AND PUSHED HIM OFF A CLIFF,

It’s about time, Ozpin!

OH SHIT, IT’S PENNY THE MAIDEN TIME!

”Courage is not the absence of fear. It is moving forward despite your fear.”

Here you go, Cinder! One Relic, hand-delivered to you! “About fucking time, Neo.” *Oh no, no thanks are necessary, it is MY pleasure. Ungrateful bitch.*

Watts is still alive, so he still poses a threat.

Good to know Oscar and Ozpin are on speaking terms again. And this time, it’s Oscar who saved them.

Salem’s coming. And this time, it’s personal.

Badass song, even if it’s about how fear can bring out the best and the worst of people.

Hmm, no post-credits scene. Also, Monty Oum. Forever In Our Hearts, Forever In Our Memories.
Background Pony #D8CD
@Random-Rambling  
Penny becoming the new Winter Maiden is something I dig in it very much for two reasons:  
1)It broke the “season maiden must be an antagonist” trend, which is something I was very sick of;  
2)She’s the first character who EARNED her status, by doing the right thing in saving Winter and trying to protect Fria (Cinder and Raven instead stolen the power or killed the previous maiden because she was scared respectedly;  
As I pointed up at the beginning of the volume, the reason of why I was happy for Penny coming back, was that they gave back the chance of great character development they took away from her years ago by killing her the first time. I’m glad to see that I was right all along in that thinking. I love it.
Background Pony #D8CD
@Scrabbleman

||Two out of four. It’s 50%, half of the total ones you know. I’m glad that at least ONE is on the heroes’ side…. ||
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide