Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The funny thing is, I don’t even like abortions. I find the whole thing unsettling, and would be fine to see a day when they are no longer ever needed. But key in on the phrasing of “no longer needed”.

But I’ll defend a woman’s right to choose what she does with her own body and life. And I’ll do it without hesitation.

Like I’ve said before, with robust sexual education, easy access to contraceptives, paid maternity and paternity leave, a strong and safe (and open to gays and lesbians) adoption system, and easy access to family planning services wed possibly come to a point where abortions become an extreme rarity.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Give them sex education based on animals

For some reason, the right seems to love animal analogy. Hierarchies in lobsters, alpha sigma in wolf packs, lion male doing nothing while the female hunt–all these animal planet stuff that the right uses to basically tell woke sjws that they’re unnatural and therefore wrong.

Me? I’m okay with taking sex and gender and parenting educations from animals, why not. Matter fact, we SHOULD know more about animals and sex and gender and parenting.

I just found out that rabbit dads sometimes kill all of his newborn babies just so he can bang his wife again. Rabbit Abortion. Also if a male rabbit spots a dead female rabbit he wouldn’t be able to tell if she dead or sleeping and bangs the corpse anyway.

We can learn a coupla things from them.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Zincy  
I think abortions past 20-24 weeks are cruel mainly because that’s when consciousness develops for a baby  
The main reasons why I still support abortion are  
  1. Most abortions happen way before that period and those that do take place during and past that period is because the mother’s life is in danger or the baby ain’t living too long past the womb  
  2. Abortion bans don’t work, if anything they make the situation worse by forcing mothers to abort past that line and potentially kill both the fetus and the mother in the process, not even to mention that sometimes, maybe being born in certain households isn’t a good thing cough abusive households cough  
    At which point it’s more of a mercy kill than anything
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Egil  
Yet Lobster Hierarchies and Wolf Packs and Lion Analogies are used unironically to motivate young boys to basically be men. I see these in the religious and the Alpha Male forums. Grindset, 100 work hours a week, By Any Means Necessary kind of communities. They love comparing they selves to badass animals.

IMO? If you want animal planet, go full animal planet.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@tehwatever

Studying animal behavior to learn more about humans behavior is valid.

But I wouldn’t use rabbits as a model cause they’re fucky little things.

A better model are those hots spring monkeys that solve conflicts using sex and recreational drug use, and spend most of their time lounging in hot baths.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Y’all Quaeda is planning a rally on the 18th at the Capitol in a show of support for their Inbred Insurrectionist brethren. In response Capitol police are in preparation for another redneck rebellion. Reportedly one of their prepared questions is to ask if lethal force is allowed if necessary.

This entire situation is fucked up to begin with. But the part I’m stick on is where police feel the need to seek permission to treat a crowd of angry white guys the same way they they treat innocent blacks.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Commune  
Unfortnately, nine months is a LONG duration where things could happen that ruins your entire baby plan. So if one was to argue: “five months is enough to decide if you want it or not” that’s normally understandable, but to permanently close the option for late-term abortion, could mean dooming some parents into decisions they wouldn’t have made otherwise.

between that fifth to ninth month you could lose yer job, the husband died, or whatever force majeure that practically cripples the feasibility of having a decent, child-supporting family. In those cases, I think, abortions should be given as an option.

Otherwise I’m okay with your opinion.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Zincy  
Go full mammalian and be a Hippo.

Nasty FUCKS, these murder horses. They beat gators, beat lions, beat rhinos. If you’s think you is the baddest in the savannah, Moto Moto gonna try and beat yo ass just to prove you wrong–and most likely, succeed.

Oh and they’re somehow related to Dolphins, making Hippos essentially a land whale.

They one of the baddest mofo walking on four legs.
Egil
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

screaming forever
@tehwatever  
No one on the goddamn planet thinks it’s manly or sane to slaughter your kids because they’re in the way of pussy unless you’re a monster or actual animal. Stop taking those analogies so literally, Jesus Christ…
Commune
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@tehwatever  
I’m quite uncomfortable with that idea ngl because while I do sympathise with parents who are unable to afford a child, idk the idea of ending a consciousness just is an incredibly disturbing thing to do(at least they won’t feel pain??)

Another problem with that is that it is viable  
Meaning the baby has a chance of actually surviving outside the womb  
So they are pretty fucked in that case because no government is saying yes to aborting a child that can live outside the mother’s womb(44% mortality rate isn’t a great number however)
Backgroundpony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@tehwatever  
“… you could lose yer job, the husband died, or whatever force majeure that practically cripples the feasibility of having a decent, child-supporting family. In those cases, I think, abortions should be given as an option.”

What is stopping you from giving the same treatment post birth?
Commune

🚙
@Latecomer  
It’s not just about the cost of raising the child but pregnancy as well

Although at 24 weeks I guess a c-section could suffice so long as the mother doesn’t have to pay for it
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The dumb cunt that laughed at that kid who was talking about how his grandparent died from covid during a school board meeting has apparently been fired from her job.

She fucked around, she found out.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Egil  
I don’t. I’m criticizing those who DO. People since forever have been assigning values to animals and take comfort in making comparisons to said animals.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Wright Patt Air Force Base was put on lockdown last night due to a threat of an active shooter. The lockdown was lifted a few hours ago and the situation declared a false alarm.

Works for me. I live a few miles from the base.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I’m going to start a petition to get a statue of Dolly Parton put on monument row in Richmond, VA.

Dolly exemplifies what the South should be.
Vortaxonus

@Dustcan
But yes, you’re right about how people in America (and more broadly the west in general) can be pretty hypocritical about things they decry happening elsewhere. As I like to say: “we do have a social credit system here: we actively choose to participate and perpetuate it rather than it being forced upon us like in China.”

Not to be a snarky asshole, i lied, but are you aware the difference between large scale peer pressure and china’s social credit system.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Backgroundpony  
If nobody wants the baby not even the government, then you could, whack em. I dont like it personally and religiously, but ey.

@Latecomer  
Yeah. You dont. Ideally the community, relatives or some other foster parent could raise the kid if the birth parents arent up for the task

Or. Whack em. I dont like it though.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Latecomer
… Although at 24 weeks I guess a c-section could suffice so long as the mother doesn’t have to pay for it

Just a reminder that a baby’s development is assumed to not be complete until 37 weeks and most doctors consider cesarean section even in the 38th week too early because of all the contraindications both for the mother and the child.

Assuming you could find a doctor even willing to attempt that, the average cost for infants hospitalized in neonatal intensive care units in the US is around $3,000 per day. And that doesn’t include the expenses for the parents just to be with their child.

For a state that doesn’t even cover the mother in their prenatal services, I doubt Texas would be willing to foot the bill.

After all, after the cesarean the child would no longer be a fetus, and that’s about the point where the ‘pro-life’ Texans stop giving a shit.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide