Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #27FA
@tehwatever  
9/11 is about the event of 9/11. I have no problem discussing the multitude of problems that came after, but I think on 9/11 it is ok to just focus on the direct victims of the attack.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #27FA  
Silwasa brought up dangers of islamist extremism and people celebrating with cakes in the street.

The cake celebration claim rubbed me the wrong way because he forgot to count muslims who was absolutey gobsmacked and horrified at the event, MY MUM INCLUDED. He coulda just stopped with the first clause.

Silwasa’s losing some goodwill I’ve got left towards the guy.

911 bad. It’s terrible. Nobody says otherwise. However I also, ain’t from the USA so I practically have not been impacted by the day per se, but by its immediate and later aftermath.

You wanna make it towards remembering and cherishing the memories of the victims that’s wonderful. I ain’t got complaint about it.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
3 of the 4 former Presidents who have overseen the Afghan war are honoring the 9/11 victims today at the wreath laying.

Guess which one isn’t?
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@silbasa  
No one’s forgotten it. It was a tragedy, and the lives that it cost us is saddening.

But I cannot find it in me to just willfully ignore the consequences that many people had to endure as a result of the U.S. government taking on a “uber-patriotic” stance in the aftermath.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
3 of the 4 former Presidents who have overseen the Afghan war are honoring the 9/11 victims today at the wreath laying.
Guess which one isn’t?

Two of those four at least are also responsible for the accelerated magnitude of the broader post-9/11 campaign. So also like, cool; I guess.
Background Pony #1F81
the events of 9/11 itself was extremely tragic, my heart goes out toward all the victims and their family and friends.

However, the uber-nationalism/patriotism that took over America after that day has had very bad consequences on both the US and the world as a whole. “Freedom Fries”/“Liberty Toast” anyone?

Also not to mention the increase in hate crimes and racism towards Middle Eastern and Muslim people in America too after 9/11.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Guess which one isn’t?

Specifically, Biden is planned to visit all 3 sites that were attacked during 9/11.

Trump has been advertising for weeks that he’ll be ringside announcer to a boxing match on 9/11.

Reminds me of after the Kenosha riots Biden went to express sympathy to families of victims while Trump went express sympathy to a pile of bricks.
Background Pony #27FA
@tehwatever  
He went a step beyond as well. The thing that annoys me about 9/11 is that very rarely when the anniversary comes up does any really care about talking about or honoring the people who died in those attacks or the people who risked their lives that day. It always starts like that then quickly turns into

Islamic terrorism  
Racism  
George Bush bad  
Republicans Bad  
Democrats Bad  
Trump bad  
etc.

I’m not saying those other topics aren’t ever worth a discussion, just that it seems people are more interested in getting their political shots in while wrapping it in a veneer of honoring those people.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
A Texas Trump voter named Joseph Angel Alvarez was arrested the other day for murdering a couple last year.

Why do I being up his voting record? He murdered the couple because the voted for Biden and had a “doll” in their yard mocking his fatass godking.

Murdering people for political reasons is, as far as I’m concerned, an act of terrorism. Convict him, hang him, and be done with it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide