Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
The Domestic Terrorist Squad want to push America back to the 1800s, and keep women (and men, ironically) trapped in shitty relationships for the “good of the family”.
I keep saying that marriage has little to nothing to do with love.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Whenever I see a post on AI Art and Writing talk about how art is just so special and how it sucks that automation is coming for art instead of dirty blue collar jobs, I have to resist every bone in my body not to write an insane screed against that person
@Goku Black
For you, I suppose
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The Oregon State Senate had been stalled for some time now as the GQP members of the Senate have been no-showing votes in order to block the Democrat majority from passing bills on abortion, gun control, etc.
Here’s the catch. Last year the voterbase approved a legislation that any State Congressperson who has 10 or more absences are ineligible for reelection. 10 out of the 11 GQP State Senators are now disqualified from seeking reelection because of it.
Voting matters.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
3 or 4 of them sit in competitive swing districts. Without incumbent advantage, they have a good chance at losing one or all of those.
The 5th, 12th, and 27th are all purple districts where the rep won by only a few percentage points, and the 27th was by less than a percent. All 3 are up in 2024, and dems only need a net gain of 2 seats to get a super majority. A handful of other republican seats are up in 2024, and while less favorable they are also now stripped of incumbent advantage.
The dems lost their house super majority by 1 seat in 2022, but that was in defiance of the supposed “massive” losses the GOP said the dems would have in the midterms. Dems hold the advantage in a handful of races there and are likely to get their super majority back.
Meaning 2024 could bring in full dem control of Oregon.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Congress, in and of itself, should have less oversight over anything.
Independent bodies that hire based on merit and are separated from elected officials should be in charge of oversight, and should then report their findings to Congress.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Biden should not let the GOP unwind even a single solitary cent from the Inflation Reduction Act.
Republicans spent this change, and are now refusing to pay it back. Disingenuous, greedy, worthless bastards. The lot of them.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Ordinarily this is a game of chicken I think the Dems should play.
Normally, there’d be 0% chance the Reps would crash the world economy. Oh they’d hem and haw all right to put on a show, but at the last minute they will sign whatever bill is sitting there.
The problem is ultimately 3 people: McCarthy, Trump and Greene.
Specifically, Trump and Qaren are legit crazy enough to crash the world economy just for partisan brownie points. McCarthy likes to pretend he’s the Speaker of the House. He’s not, everything he does needs to get the approval of every Freedom Caucus member (Qaren specifically), but hey the Freedom Caucus lets him play with the gavel. And he really likes that gavel.
So yeah. The theatre was always going to happen, but now we have a legit worry that if McCarthy values the gavel more than an economic default then Trump and Qaren gets the say on whether the default happens.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan
McCarthy’s the weak link here. The House Dems need to make a deal: you push through a clean bill, we support you against any motion to vacate the chair.
And they have every reason to hold up their end. As bad as Kevin is, anyone else the GOP could rally behind would be even worse.
Background Pony #EC7E
Normally, there’d be 0% chance the Reps would crash the world economy. Oh they’d hem and haw all right to put on a show, but at the last minute they will sign whatever bill is sitting there.
but now we have a legit worry that if McCarthy values the gavel more than an economic default then Trump and Qaren gets the say on whether the default happens.
I wish more people understood how much the current batch of House GOP members are willing to burn everything down if it means they get their way and/or can make Biden look bad. I’ve definitely seen some upset comments over the fact that Biden is negotiating at all, and didn’t just walk out to the presidential podium, say “14th Amendment”, pop on a pair of sunglasses, and stride back out again.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
During the CNN interview Trump was asked right to his face his opinion on the debt ceiling and he straight up said he thinks it should default. When asked why his opinion is different now than it was a couple years ago when he was holding office, he admitted the difference is that now he’s not the current president.
These people are literally the Joker meme.
Violet Rose in The Rain

I am once again reminding everyone that the reason American food is so calorie dense compared to other countries is, in large part, because the Nixon administration colluded with corn farmers to put surplus corn syrup in almost everything we eat. You’re eating extra calories.
We also feed that corn to cows, who aren’t meant to eat corn-heavy diets, and it’s why they’re constantly getting stomach infections that require antibiotics, which has contributed to the rise of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
While polling is a little sparse, opinion and observational research indicate that a majority of Americans would put more blame on the Republicans in the event of a default.
Whether that would translate into voting habits in 2023/24 remains to be seen.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
In the latest “nontroversy” news, GQP senators are upset at John Fettermen wearing jeans and a hoodie to the Senate the other day.
Any day where this is the biggest news story of the day is a good day in my opinion. But I still have to wonder why does Fettermen, the largest of the senators, not simply eat the other 99?
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I remember a certain pal of ours dismissing the talk of trans genocide using semantic nitpicking and equating it to the alt-right’s “white genocide” conspiracy theory. Hell I WISH this was all just a baseless conspiracy theory, but then I take a look at what’s happening right in front of us.
Violet Rose in The Rain

Please give names. There’s too many of those type of people to make your statement vague.
It’s hilarious because it’s explicitly stated in the game that the colony is a joint venture by companies managed by the board. Literally just capitalism and colonialism in space.
The problem is that rank-and-file right wingers don’t have an intellectual understanding of what their ideology actually means, they just think “capitalism is when good” and “communism is when bad” because that’s what they’ve been taught and they never questioned it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide