The Virus Outbreak Thread

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Well, the side affects of my first vaccine seem to have disappeared.

Hopefully this pandemic will be just a bad memory soon.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I get my second on the 12th, my girlfriend got her shot second on Thursday and it kicked her ass. She’s just now fully recovered.

I’m looking forward to being dead in the water for like 2 days.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Penguin Dragneel

Pfizer and Moderna have the highest overall efficacy rate, but the downside of having to take two shots over a long period. Though, two weeks or so after the first shot you’re around 80ish% protected.

The JJ one has a little lower efficacy, but it’s one shot and it doesnt take as long to reach full effectiveness.

Honestly, the best course is to take whatever is offered. They all reach well over the 60% threshold needed to be an effective vaccine.
Background Pony #B962
Can somebody explain me how’s that new Brazilian virus (P1) two times more contagious 2 than the original COVID19? I don’t understand it.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #B962

Viruses are master mutators.

Sometimes, by dumb luck, they random themselves into higher virulence. Because selection pressures favor ones that spread easier, and those out compete the less virulent ones.
MethidMan
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

My mom has been hearing and believing too many conspiracy theories about the vaccines on social media… I keep telling her they’re safe but she’d rather believe her friends on Facebook rather than the scientists and doctors…
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
I’m wondering how the 2nd shot will affect my brother now considering his condition. I’m a little apprehensive about getting it now too because my health isn’t what I’d rate good.
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
Day 1: Arrived at the nearest vaccination site, waited at a not so long line, then recieved my card for my second dose. Then, approached to my chair to receive the Moderna vaccine. Nervous, a little. But rarely felt a pinch. Doing so, I have my picture taken of getting the gift of jab. Following this, an observation room to see if I had any allergic reaction to the vaccine. 15 minutes in, nothing. Then around the evening, arm started to feel sore. Then somehow, the right side of my neck started to feel sore as well, however it could be from all that heavy lifting.

Day 2: Arm still sore and neck is following suit. So far, pain is all I can feel, but it’s not to where I’m bedridden, which is good. Sometimes, I do have trouble lifing my arm to the extreme. Still had the chance to ride my bike though.

Day 3: Woke up and arm still hurts, but it’s less painful than realized. Nothing else, so far. No headaches, no nausea nor dizziness, no fever.
O. Hancock
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Penis
I had both shots of the Pfizer vaccine with no side effects.

I predict, though, that enough people will keep spreading this long enough around the USA and the world, that new variants resistant to the current vaccines will take hold in a few months. Too many people don’t get vaccinated, don’t wear a mask, and don’t give a shit about it, so the numbers are still high. You can’t end a pandemic of this nature unless you do a decent, comprehensive job of fighting it.
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
@O. Hancock  
double facepalm Not again!  
That’s it, I’m unsubscribing from this thread. If people are just gonna keep treating this virus and the pandemic like it’s the goddamn bastard lovechild of the Black Death and Spanish Flu, then I’m not stickin’ around here.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide