Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@AnthroPoniesSFM  
That’s what reporting for. Also, Derpibooru is a booru, not an artist portfolio gallery site, even though it’s better at that purpose than significant portion of actual such sites.
deactivatedae30d822
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Another idea on the ineffectivity of the tagging forums - they could be more effective if more people were working on them.

Perhaps a volunteer group of trusted taggers that can deal with tag issues like implications and aliases, to relieve some of the stress from the mods? This would both do that and keep the tagging forum efficent.

I was thinking similar to AO3’s Tag Wranglers.
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Shoto  
I’d be delighted to see a low power (maybe rather limited in requests/second) mass tagging tool privilege for trusted users who don’t wish to become full-fledged moderators for whatever reason.

• Access admitted on case-by-case basis for applicants whose site history and general conduct satisfy whatever criteria the staff may have.  
  • User will not hold any authority in site matters–they are merely trusted to refrain from using the tool for any controversial or not-necessarily-useful tagging.  
  • User will be as responsible for bad tagging as any other user on the site. More so if found to purposefully misuse the tool.  
  • User’s access to the tool can be disabled by any moderator at their discretion if and when concerns arise; re-enabled or permanently retracted after staff deliberation.

This would allow a hand-picked group of users to contribute to the tagging effort more efficiently.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Shoto  
Those are much more powerful tho, a big leap from “tagging but faster”. My ideal is specifically a privilege level only a smidge above ordinary user, to make the role more useful by virtue of requiring less bureaucracy, hence causing minimal work load increase for the staff.
deactivatedae30d822
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@saby  
I mean, the reason I suggest this is due to how long it usually takes to get an alias or implication applied. I’ve had a thread about My Hero Academia implications, and those have yet to be applied. Some other examples include all the shipping tags without implictions. Perhaps just implication and not aliasing?
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@TexasUberAlles  
No. The only two permissions granted to site assistants by default are:  
-> Access the site assistant forum  
-> Access mod notes

Literally everything else is an optional flag. So it’s completely possible for there to be an assistant without any moderation abilities at all, but that’d be pointless.

Additionally, mass tagging is a an optional permission for both site assistants and moderators - there are even moderators who don’t have that ability. The way that permissions are set for devs/mods/assistants is kinda weird and probably would not be inherently obvious just looking at that page who was not familiar how each role actually worked.
KeriNova
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Responsible Disclosure - Responsible Disclosure
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Change “Find this image in the global image list (i)” to respect current sort - “Find this image in current search”.  
Reasons:  
1 - previous (j), next (k), random (r) already respect it.  
2 - it’s more useful than finding in global image list  
3 - finding in global image list can still be done by removing search parameters from URL.
Lefthighkick
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab

Thanks for the cheese
Now that Tumblr will be dying…

Can the site developers make an ask box?

I know it’s kinda weird, but I think that’ll turn out interesting. Instead of having a barrage of messages, I think that this can turn out okay too. Making it like a side message type thing.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@saby  
@Lefthighkick  
There’s also the problem that PMs are private and to be honest I don’t know what would happen if an artist shared something from a PM as an “Ask” and the person who wrote it claimed it broke Rule #8. I might be imaging problems that won’t happen, but at the same time it seems like a bit of a messy area that could result in some problems if it wasn’t clear to people sending the PM that it would be shown to the public.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide