Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

DarkestNight79
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

#ZeroCensorship
If possible, can be the ‘foal’ tag be implied by both ‘filly’ and ‘colt’ tags? It’s not a problem if it wouldn’t be possible to do that, in such cases you [admins] can contact me.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

They really aren’t.

@Mad Black  
Because filly & colts are still foals

Not necessarily, no; a foal is either a filly or colt, but filly and colt also both apply to older juvenile equines which are no longer foals. It would be a bad implication not only linguistically, but for site-specific practical reasons, since users who are searching for filly or colt are almost certainly trying to find images of CMC class body types rather than Cake Twins body types.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@LightningBolt  
Teenagers are actually a problem with ponies as the very concept of teenagers is only about 64-69 years old while the most recent update to horse terminology was complete dictionary deprecation of “curple”, which AFAIK happened around the time Webster seceded from Oxford and “colour” became “color”, which was around the 1890s.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@TexasUberAlles  
Here, “Foals” are “underage characters”. The Cutie Mark Crusaders are “underage” so any explicit images with them on it should be tagged “Foalcon” unless they are “aged up”.

“Foal” is a very easy to use generic term for “Underage Pony”. Splitting that into greater granularity by inventing new terms for fillies and colts that is also universal and not gender specific seems like an effort that doesn’t really provide any benefit.

And given that “fillies” and “colts” are also “foals”, it seems that trying to create more granularity for age (which isn’t specified clearly by the show) is only going to create confusion and arguments that can’t be resolved.

“Foal” is objective, doesn’t suffer from the show’s lack of clarity as to the specific ages of characters, and terms using “Foal” like “Foalcon” also applies to other species, like dragons, as well as horses.

It’s also how the term is used on things like the MLP Wiki

So, “Foal” seems pretty useful just as it is.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

A “baby pony” is a foal. After a year or so equines are still fillies or colts, but they’re not foals anymore, they’re yearlings.

None of this is crazy moonbat territory, people have been raising horses for a few minutes and have well-established terminology for every aspect of the undertaking; I really do not understand why this is something people are arguing about. As far as I can recall the show has only ever used “foal” to refer to anypony out of diaper range as a horsification of “fool”, the way a Human would call someone a child or a baby as an insult.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide