Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

deactivatedae30d822
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Joey

here’s a thought i had.

for more efficency - tag change suggestions can be on the tag page like i said  
for less drama - a voting system on these suggestions to allow the community a say in the matter

of course this is all just a suggestion :-) nothing fundementally wrong with the tag forum, just a bit inefficent for simple changes
stsyn
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Economist -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes

@Damaged  
In short, you just need to do request to /post/preview with body of textiled description and correct headers (this is what the site does when you click “preview”, you may clearly see it in browser network console) and then retrieve HTML-code from response.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
StSyaN  
Yeah, that’s the problem. I don’t have a CSRF token to use because I’m never grabbing any HTML pages. What I have is a discord bot that’s resolving image sources and only ever hitting up JSON data.

What I wanted to do was run the HTML version of the image descriptions through a HTML -> markdown converter and use that to display it.
Jinx
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - the masters mansion

Loves a German
If there isnt one already, id suggest a button that would take you to a page of your hidden images hidden by the button itself. Those of us on mobile make misclicks sometimes, not only that it could be useful.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
As you can see from these screenshots, we aspire to a fully scalable, infinite-resolution vector UI…
Shadowking58
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Suggestion: On the commissions tab, allow us to save a list of artists that we’d be interested in commissioning? Each visit to the commissions tab changes the artists that are listed, and it can be hard to remember the names of all of the artists that we find and are interested in while browsing through it. So allowing us to save artists to a list for later viewing would be nice.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Absol95  
What purpose would a dice roll function serve?

And adding “Pin this”, “Tweet that”, etc buttons are a hard no, unfortunately. The problem with them is that they almost always want you to add javascript code to your site in order to work properly. For example, here is Pinterest’s guide to adding a save button - notice how the very first step is basically telling you to add a Javascript file to your site that’s hosted on their servers?

Those codes are usually used for tracking. Even if you do not have a Pinterest account, it likely does set some kinda cookie or generates a fingerprint or something to track you and your browsing habits. We don’t play those games here - whatever you do on this site is not shared with advertisers, marketers, etc. Adding Javascript-based social media buttons would compromise our extremely strict stances on privacy.
Yoshimon1
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@Joey  
Don’t you already have a “Share on Tumblr” button, though, that works just with a link? Don’t some other sites have simple /share? or /post? or whatever urls that just work with url parameters and don’t need Javascript, too?
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Yoshimon1  
Yeah, Tumblr is the exception more than the rule. They have a share link that’s just a dumb URL with parameters - simple, private, secure.

Pinterest is malicious as fuck though, I don’t trust them.
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
@Yoshimon1
Yeah, Tumblr is the exception more than the rule. They have a share link that’s just a dumb URL with parameters - simple, private, secure.
Pinterest is malicious as fuck though, I don’t trust them.

How about reddit, voat, and instagram?
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Absol95  
Instagrams’s a photography site, last I checked they don’t even allowed uploading photos from a computer, so I doubt they even have a “share on instagram” functionality.

If they do/did, they’re owned by Facebook, so you know that’d be done in the least trustworthy way possible.
Shadowking58
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

A button to save artists on the commissions tab would be nice. So that I don’t have to bookmark every artist I find on there that I might want to commission.
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Shadowking58  
There’s gonna be an overhaul to the commissions directory sometime relatively soon. Probably after the next community collab wraps up. The main thing is gonna be dealing with the issue of people just setting commissions 1-2 years ago, then forgetting to keep them updated (especially if they close commissions).

I’ll see if I can fit that in there.
GyroTech
Blitz - For supporting the site
Piaow!! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Bronze Bit -
Emerald -
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

The Prettiest Catbird
Think we can get a commission entry for each artist tag? I, for one, do both stained glass and art so it doesn’t make sense to put them in the same entry. And I know of some plush makers who also do such. Not to mention people who keep nsfw and sfw under 2 different names.
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
I know no blocking of users from being seen on either the forums nor the image comments are ever gonna happen. But what about blocking users that irk and/or annoy you from being able to Send PMs to you?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide