Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Zaknel
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Mods-Ezekiel 33:11
@Princess Luna  
I actually talked to one of the moderators there. They say that they don’t have reason to think that Knighty or Xaquseg enjoy using the site for its intended purpose anymore. They actually have it be their full-time job to keep that place running, which made it sound like they, somehow, get their money off of it. So, why would they really care? As long as people primarily use it, they don’t frequently, if ever, have personal interactions with the userbase, so they don’t mind if people think it isn’t very great, as long as they keep coming.

But, I have been known to misinterpret vague encounters like this before.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Zaknel  
What?  
I mean that FiMfiction wants fic authors to have feedback on their work, but voting is a very crude way to do it and they overvalue it to a point where it’s even on comments.
Zaknel
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Mods-Ezekiel 33:11
@Princess Luna  
Well, that does sound a bit like them. I mean, they don’t really care about indiscriminate downvoting. I know one author on there who has made truly terrible works, and the site doesn’t mind if people just keep downvoting them on the grounds that he’s the one that wrote them. A vote, all on its own, doesn’t do much.
Wellwater

Just a flurry of H₂O
people have been raising horses for a few minutes and have well-established terminology for every aspect of the undertaking; I really do not understand why this is something people are arguing about.

Because very few pony fans know thing one about actual equestrian practices or culture. What they do know about horses is mostly on the level of “what does the fox say?”

Other examples:

• being surprised that horses have arms, elbows, knees, feet  
  • calling the wrong part of the body the flank  
  • thinking nailed horseshoes are the pinnacle of equine podiatry… or, indeed, even any good at all, outside a narrow use case that MLP would never see
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
  • calling the wrong part of the body the flank

This one is the show’s fault. Though “curple” seems to be archaic, no modern text program thinks it’s even a word, yet “threnody” is, and I learned both words from this fandom…
Marker
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Misanthrope
Can we get the comment status bar (this thing) mirrored on the bottom of comment threads please?  
For people who sort their comments by oldest first, it would be nice to be able to hit the refresh button when they reach the bottom of a comment thread without having the scroll back up again.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
Might it be a good idea to have the “Anonymous” checkbox effectively lock-in interactions for a particular thread/image? It would completely stop anon sockpuppeting.

Also, allow a user to edit tags anonymously, and have it likewise affect their posting in the thread/image.
Background Pony #F2D5
Might it be a good idea to have the “Anonymous” checkbox effectively lock-in interactions for a particular thread/image? It would completely stop anon sockpuppeting.
Some people use anon on and off in the same thread/section for different reasons. Some just do it, and some might not want some of their posts/comments listed on their profile. Likely many other reasons, but I’m tired.

allow a user to edit tags anonymously
This isn’t allowed because of abuse reasons. If a user is messing with tagging, it make it difficult for a user to report the abuser.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Background Pony #CDB7  
Like Derpy Whooves said regarding desires to sockpuppet.

As for tagging anonymously, you can already do it without logging in. I fail to see why it “isn’t allowed” when it already is allowed. If you have a problem with someone’s tagging on an image, you report the image for “bad tagging”.
Hopen Way
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

🔥 le mayo 🔥
@Background Pony #CDB7  
I can relate to this. A thread can contain various unrelated sub-topics/discussions, and I do switch between anon and myself for a few of them. Because sometimes I’m just not so sure of myself. Is that so wrong?

Also I support anonymous tag editing.
SuperSupermario24

fluffy sylveon
@Derpy Whooves  
I think there are reasons to not want to appear as yourself in a thread you’ve already posted in, especially in the more general threads (vent thread, stupid stuff thread, time wasting thread, etc), where the topic of discussion one day rarely carries over to the next day.

For example, I’ve made anon posts in the Vent Thread when I don’t want who I am to affect people’s perception of the post, or vice versa. I’m not trying to abuse the anon feature to support / argue with myself or something like that, it’s just that sometimes I need to vent about something but don’t want that something to be attached to my name.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@SuperSupermario24  
In those threads that go on forever, we’re a lot more lenient about posting as yourself or as anon, as long as there’s some time between the flip.

I’m talking about people who are posting both as themselves and as BP at the same time. We have too many people setting up arguments and then agreeing with themselves, or people who go onto an artist’s image and put it down as BP, then show up as themselves and defend the artist. Thus: “Woo! I’m a hero!” or “See? Everyone agrees with me about you!” or something like that.

So when you’ve got someone bouncing back and forth between themselves and BP within a few minutes or hours in the same thread, someone has to actually read the whole thing to make sure they aren’t replying to themselves.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@SuperSupermario24  
No, I’m not in favor of that. I think it’s a terrible idea and am very opposed to it.

I mean, there’s lots and LOTS of reasons for someone to be both themselves and anonymous in a thread, like artists talking with others on their own images where they don’t want to come “out” as being the artist, or when talking on other people’s art where they don’t want to make a big deal about “OMCELESTIA <artist> IS HERE!” and stuff like that.

Just … even though it’s rare, we still get too many people who don’t understand why it’s not ok to sockpuppet.

And now that we live in the era of people “self-harming” via Social Media it’s becoming less rare …
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide