Crazy Headcanons

GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
If Luna did her dreamwalking thing at night, why would she be mad about ponies sleeping at night?

Well, she wasn’t doing it at the time. Luna was always able to dreamwalk, but during the early years of her and Celestia’s reign it was only an occasional thing. After becoming Nightmare Moon and her subsequent banishment, she began using it more often as a way to give ponies nightmares. This is where her reputation as a fearsome monster originates- she gave ponies horrible nightmares as a way to get revenge on her sister and former subjects for shunning and exiling her. Why is there a legend that she eats foals? Because she often gave foals that particular nightmare.

After returning from her banishment, Luna decided to use this power for good as a way to repent for what she had done, leading to the setup we see in the show.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
I think ponies used to keep each other as slaves and that’s the reason we still see things like horse drawn wagons, saddles, muzzles and all the other stuff that only makes sense if horses are treated as property. It probably ended a few hundred years ago but has stuck around in their culture.
SwordKing
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Bare-Hoof Boxing is one of the few sports Rainbow Dash will NOT compete in. It’s just too close to the regular brawling she does for fun.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@SwordKing

Skydiving is another. It’s either too boring (she falls through the sky every single day) or too horrifying (every pegasus fears falling helplessly without their wings to catch them).
Panko Pai
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork

Shy gamer stallion
Not sure if crazy, but I have a headcanon where Applejack hates all fruits that isn’t an apple. All but her mother’s pears.
ElderD

During Silverstream’s childhood, she once started yelling into a cup. No one was sure why, other than that she probably just liked how the sound resonated.

Yes, I did get the idea from “Harley the Cockatoo” on YouTube. But I couldn’t help but see a little Silverstream doing it as well. (Even if she technically did spent the majority of her life as a seapony.)
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019

Party Favor is a hengstwolf, and he has a habit of barking and gnawing: you can easily trick him by throwing something long away from him to make him catch it. Other than being stupid, he is also insane: his broken mind was worsened or caused by his indoctrination under Starlight.

He was unable to become powerful enough to beat Starlight because of the food that he used to eat while being equalised, or because he had his cutie mark removed, stripping him of his hengstwolf powers.

(The basis for this amusing idea was from his reaction to Brian the Balloon Animal’s “death” in MLP:The Movie – the way he says “No!” makes him look like he’s howling, hence the idea of him as a dog pony.)

Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
In an alternate universe, emulating Gotham, Pinkie Pie is like Jerome Valeska, commiting horrid crimes for the sake of a sick fun.

She’s upstaged by her Jeremiah, Twilight Sparkle.
Oddball64

Normal is overrated
A power hungry bee was kicked out of her colony when she tried to challenge the queen bee for the throne, she then decided to make a potion (the same one made by Zecora in She Talks to Angel) to swap bodies with another pony. That pony was Cozy Glow. A very sweet and innocent filly was the perfect target for the bee to trick other ponies to giving her power. The bee poured some of the potion onto her milk when she wasn’t looking. The two switched bodies, Cozy is now stuck as a tiny bee, without her family knowing that her body has been taken over by a psychopathic insect.
Deep!

Ponies have much lower libido levels than real life humans, which is why the cast hasn’t shown any signs of sexual interest. If they do have sex, it’s for emotional and reproducing reasons.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
I think this is the first time I’ve ever seen bronies discuss heat in a context outside of clop.

To answer the question, estrus being a thing would explain why none of our little ponies are hot-blooded- we just don’t see them during the part of the year when it’s even possible for them to be horny.
Background Pony #42BD
@Wiimeiser

@GenericArchangel  
I guess it’s possible that we never saw them in estrus, but sex just doesn’t seem to be a part of Equestrian culture at all.

Obviously the out-of-universe answer is that it’s a kid’s show, but it’s fun to theorize what the in-universe answer could be. Mine is that their libido/sex drive is different than ours. As a result, not only is the cast not interested in sexuality for pleasure, but Equestrian culture isn’t ruled by sex like ours is.

If the cast’s skin colors of all things could be different than that of real life ponies, then I see no reason why other aspects of their biology couldn’t be different as well.
Background Pony #42BD
@GenericArchangel
I guess it’s possible that we never saw them in estrus, but sex just doesn’t seem to be a part of Equestrian culture at all.
Obviously the out-of-universe answer is that it’s a kid’s show, but it’s fun to theorize what the in-universe answer could be. Mine is that their libido/sex drive is different than ours. As a result, not only is the cast not interested in sexuality for pleasure, but Equestrian culture isn’t ruled by sex like ours is.
If the cast’s skin colors of all things could be different than that of real life ponies, then I see no reason why other aspects of their biology couldn’t be different as well.

Accidently made myself anonymous haha. This is Deep! responding.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide