Crazy Headcanons

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Rarity’s family used to be very poor. But Rarity through her ingenuity, hard work and by attracting the attention of the correct ponies that saw potential in her, she was able to make her fashion boutique a success and even able to have her parents work the jobs they always wanted to. Rarity basically had to work for everything ever since she was a filly. She’s basically the classic rags to riches story and the American Dream personified.

And Rarity used to hold a grudge against Sweetie Belle, because Sweetie was born into the priveledge Rarity and her parents worked so hard for, and yet she still had the gall to act uncouth even though she had access to the things Rarity never had growing up. As a teen she got jealous that her parents who Rarity considered her role models, paid so much attention to Sweetie when Sweetie never had to work as hard Rarity did when she was Sweetie’s age.

TLDR Rarity when she was a teen used to think of Sweetie as a spoiled uncouth filly who had no desire to improve herself.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Combine that with the idea that Rarity is embarrassed of her family and her past, which is why she speaks with a mid Atlantic accent and behaves like a debutante. Throw in the other other popular fan theory that Sweetie Belle is Rarity’s love child and we have quite the narrative.

Lower class filly wants to live like old money.  
Becomes debutante.  
Creates business.  
Falls in love.  
Gets scammed.  
Gives up child.

And I just realized why she acts so oblivious to love involving herself: she’s scared to try and love again! The only two stallions she showed interest in were wealthy and/or influential.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Brass Beau  
That’s a pretty interesting headcanon. Weird but interesting lol.

I also have a headcanon that Rarity always loves underdog stories. This is why she’s such close friends with Fluttershy and Rarity often wishes she had a sister like Scootaloo who has to deal with not flying but still chases after her dreams. She’s like the fashionista equivalent of Naruto. The idea that a lowly loser could become a famous and renowned always inspired her.

In fact at first Rarity used to consider Fluttershy her real younger sister. Because Rarity empathizes with Fluttershy’s hardships in life.

Rarity can be a very complex character in fanfiction. I feel like a lot of fanfics don’t utilize this potential not that that means they’re bad but I think there is a lot of room to tell unexplored concepts with Rarity. A character who can be selfish at one point and empathetic at another time.
Background Pony #04F7
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
This could be less crazy headcanon than unpopular opinion, but: Rarity is a lot more self-centered, manipulative, and obsessed with the very worst kind of gold-digging social climbing than I would have expected the bearer of the “Element of Generosity” to be.

Rainbow Dash is too lazy, too self-absorbed, too hungry for the spotlight, too obsessed with seeking validation and approval from others, and much too hypercompetitive for the “Element of Loyalty,” too. She’s got the worst case of Short Man Syndrome I’ve ever seen in a character the audience is supposed to find sympathetic and appealing.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Background Pony #04F7  
You know I see where you’re coming from. I think one thing I do wish is that the show would’ve tried to show their nice side a lot more often especially in the beginning to balance out their deep flaws. Because the character archetypes that they’re based off of are naturally unlikeable and I think they need extra attention to make them sympathetic. It would’ve nice to see Rarity being the sensistive one with Pinkie being the well intenioned but insensitive one.

That being said, even though I think they overdid their flaws sometimes, if you watch the certain episodes Rarity proves she has a generous side and Rainbow has loyalty over her own ambitions.

They might be flawed but they are good ponies in the end.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #04F7  
One key thing that took me a while to realise is that Element Bearers are not chosen because their Element is their original nature. Rather, it’s a choice they’ve made in life, to do the right thing even when they’d rather not. And while they don’t always suceed, they never stop trying.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #04F7
One key thing that took me a while to realise is that Element Bearers are not chosen because their Element is their original nature. Rather, it’s a choice they’ve made in life, to do the right thing even when they’d rather not. And while they don’t always suceed, they never stop trying
👆This.

What’s funny is all of the girls have been overly ambitious at one point or another. The show was sure to show that ambition isn’t bad, they dreamed big and followed through. But when they were willing to throw away their morals or try for something beyond their current means, well, syay happens.
MadVillain
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Horses in the 🅱ack
This isn’t that crazy but here goes.

The Main 6 don’t always have to represent the Element of Harmony their associated with. RD isn’t always loyal, Rarity isn’t always self-less, and Fluttershy isn’t always the kindest pony in the world, ect. However they understand the merits of having such traits, and when it’s time to use said Elements usually start to act more in line with them.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
This isn’t that crazy but here goes.
The Main 6 don’t always have to represent the Element of Harmony their associated with. RD isn’t always loyal, Rarity isn’t always self-less, and Fluttershy isn’t always the kindest pony in the world, ect. However they understand the merits of having such traits, and when it’s time to use said Elements usually start to act more in line with them.
Korora
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Let's keep calm here...
A rare-for-ponies third set of cones (called something along the lines of “Megan’s eyes”) runs in the Apple, Belle, Pear, Pie, and Polomare families.  
As a result, most ponies have to strain their eyes to discern some of the Apple and Pear family cutie marks, leading to some really awkward moments. “I wasn’t ogling your plot, I swear!”
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Rainbow Dash used to be a boy. But then he tried to turn a venus fly trap into a penis fly trap and has been a girl since.
Background Pony #04F7
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Only if the action doesn’t turn out to be a other laser fight and it lasts the span between commercial breaks.

You are now imagining four-episode-long fights which consist mainly of ponies making cute scrunchfaces while they power up their special attacks. TUNE IN NEXT TIME ON PONY BALL P!
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In the comics, Tempest can be seen using telekinesis, where in the movie she couldn’t. As far as I’ve seen, this was never officially explained.

My theory there is that she had undergone the magical equivalent of physical therapy, with Twilight helping her get whatever non-violent magic she could out of what was left of her horn. Which would have tied in beautifully with the movie’s message of friendship - it may not be as good as growing a whole new horn, but it’s WAY more than the Storm King ever did for her.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide