IDW Comics - Meta Discussion

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Y’know, with all the ponified references the comics like to stick in the background, I’m surprised they’ve never done any ponified Internet celebrities…
Villain Pony

copy&paste
Y’know, with all the ponified references the comics like to stick in the background, I’m surprised they’ve never done any ponified Internet celebrities…

OH god no. I’d rather the comic stand on it’s own rather then be remembered as “that one comic with those references.”
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@Jarkes  
Do people over age 30 even know who or what an internet celebrity is? I sure as hell don’t. I’ve heard of pewdiepie and that one racist Baked Alaska guy and that’s about it.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@cheezedoodle

Celebrities linked to meme/nerd/video game culture in general is way cut off from… standard celebrity, I suppose?

30+ sounds about right, it’s something you kinda had to grow with. I don’t see someone age 40 or more suddenly giving Markiplier and PDP more credit than… I dunno, Paul McCartney I guess?
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Jarkes  
Internet “celebrities” are extremely transitory and little known outside their following. References to stuff like The Blues Brothers and Star Trek are enduring and easily recognized.

@cheezedoodle  
The only Baked Alaska I know is a kind of cake.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
October’s comic sales are out:

MLP FiM #59 (Rainbow Dash still dislikes pies) sold 9,499 copies.  
LoM #7 (Stygian) sold 7,804 copies.

So yeah, not even 10K anymore.
cheezedoodle
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Silver Bit -

[I’m thankful for] IDW’s My Little Pony. Out of all the comic titles, that has been the most steady seller for the year. The people who have it on their pull lists still do and not a one of them have abandoned their pull box or dropped it. One of these days I keep thinking the kids who like it will grow out of it but so far they haven’t.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Poison Trail  
You still can buy other titles to support your local store.  
I miss the lone comic shop we had in my city, by the way. One day the owner closed it for two days and when he reopened it he had turned it into a videogame store.
Background Pony #839B
@Anonycat  
That’s 1,108 copies to comic shops. Don’t forget, Trade Paperbacks are also sold at bookstores, yes I know a privately owned bookstore outside of Barnes and Noble is rare but they do exist, and on Amazon directly. Those sales bypass Diamond Distributors, which is where Comichron’s data comes from.
cheezedoodle
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -

So, add 1,108 sales to each of the first six issues?

I mean, I’ve already got hard copies of the whole series and so won’t be buying this. I doubt there’s too many people in the same situation who would, unless they wanted a copy strictly for reading or are a fanatical collector.
Anonycat
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
November’s comic sales figures are out.  
MLP: FiM #60 (CMC and Fancy Pants’s niece) sold 9,276 copies.  
Legends of Magic #8 sold 7,463 copies.
Anonycat
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
December’s comic sales are out.

MLP: FiM #61 (Rulers and representatives meetup) sold 8,981 copies.

The Holiday special (Heartwarming Eve and consumism) sold 7,954 copies.

Legends of Magic #9 sold 7,173 copies.

So yeah, not even breaking 10K anymore.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide