MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’m gonna be honest: If there’s no magic in G5 (or at least very very little magic), then that’s fine to me, because that way they could depend on the personalities of the characters to move the plot.

Also, magic was a bit much in G4.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@TOMNICE  
Well let’s be real, they don’t censor it themselves, they threaten people with less of their money and most people in charge scramble to protect their pockets.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’m assuming this screencap is part of a teaser or YouTube video instead of the film.

The film Tangled had a teaser that was a gag where Flynn was fighting Rapunzel’s hair, and that was never shown in the film. Because of it, I think this is just part of the marketing instead of the film.

If this happens to be an actual scene of the film, my only hope is that it should be really funny. They wrote the Gumball show, so I expect this to be at least pretty funny.

EDIT: Another popular example: Frozen had a teaser where Sven and Olaf were fighting for a carrot. That never happened in the film.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I said before how they should not rely too much on nostalgia at the expense of this new world.

However I do hope there will be some continuity between G4 and G5.

Not just minor references but perhaps even concepts important to G5 itself. A random example, maybe a love cult dedicated to the return of Princess Cadence or perhaps the mysteries behind the fall of the Crystal Empire and what happened to Flurry Heart.

Or maybe utilize concepts from the IDW comics and adapt them into G5.

I just want there to be SOME continuity.
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
I must admit: I’m sure I probably wouldn’t have noticed that G5 takes place in the same universe as G4 if I had only seen the trailers, as the only references to G4 in the trailers are a few background details and the vague “three races lived in harmony” line near the beginning of the main trailer.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide