MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #121A
@Background Pony #121A
For what it’s worth, there’s also the fact that Haven was facing charges of being a phony pony full of baloney - restoring magic was pretty much her only hope of restoring her career as queen.

Maybe so, but the first attempt failed and she was strongly convinced that she can “fix” the problem, I very much doubt that she is without political abilities, as she had been queen for a long time and then we have only seen her in private and confidential conversations with her daughters. Her handling of the episode when Pipp took camera footage of Sunny and Izzy suggests that she knows her stuff. It is possible that the soldiers who followed Haven actually cooperated with her to see if they could find a way out without having to depose their queen.

The pegasi are like the Roman legionaries, they will ruthlessly get rid of their leaders if they fail or deceive them. Something that dozens of “soldier emperors” had experienced in the history of the Roman Empire. Even spartans can get rid of their leaders as they do not follow the strict law. Queen Haven at least seemed to have supporters who would help her, so she was optimistic, even though she had to escape in the hope that it could calm down. Since the magic has returned and her daughters had played an important role, the pegasi could forgive her.

When she handed over the crystal to Sunny, it was without hesitation. She had made her choice.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Vortaxonus  
Yeah, one would think that they’d eventually have technical difficulties with their equipment. If I remember correctly, issues with something similar killed the Spider-Man musical.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
I’m also going to call it so no one else can say it wasn’t said if it happens: given Netflix’s patterns it’s not likely the show will go on passed season 2, it’s likely it could be cancelled. Not for any quality reason. More often than not that’s the point which new interest in a show wanes and viewership tends to lower. Since any show finds it difficult to have much growth passed two seasons, it’s all we’re gonna get.

There are exceptions. There could be some strong potentials that suggest it’ll be viable for a renewal passed the second season, or beyond however many seasons Netflix has signed to publish. But it’ll be very hard to tell since Netflix has been infamously opaque with its numbers.

So putting this out there in the event the show suddenly ends after the second season, or even the third. It’s not because it’s not being watched, but because it’s no longer pulling the viewer growth Netflix wants.
Johnny B. Mediocre
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

psst it's me I'm a horse
@AaronMk  
I mean there’ve been several animated shows on Netflix that have had 4-8+ seasons (BoJack Horseman had 5, She-Ra had 5, Voltron had 8, Carmen Sandiego had 4, Spirit: Riding Free has 10 seasons) plus considering the monumental success of G4, I don’t think Netflix is going to skimp on giving as much time as they can to this new series

granted it is a little too early to start thinking of the shelf life of this generation - we just don’t know yet
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
@Johnny B. Mediocre
Wow, I checked here and Spirit actually has many episodes! I can barely count them (because I’m extremely bad at math). And it got spin-off series! Maybe the same can happen to G5.

Nevermind, managed to make some math and, including spin-offs, Spirit has 78 episodes. And it apparently didn’t end yet!
Johnny B. Mediocre
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

psst it's me I'm a horse
And it got spin-off series! Maybe the same can happen to G5.

tbh it’s kinda hard to follow Equestria Girls in terms of MLP spin-offs - I think we need to see more of G5’s world and universe before we start thinking of spin-offs
Background Pony #FE5E
Is Sprout the Eric Cartman of MLP?

-Fat  
-Bigoted  
-Delusional  
-Mama’s Boy
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
Remembering what I said a long time ago: If we use some of their previous series as an example, it is very likely that Netflix will fragment the G5 series’ seasons. An event in Russia last year mentioned that at least two seasons were already guaranteed for the G5 series. Assuming each of those two seasons are 26 episodes long, we would have 52 episodes. Netflix could either split them into four 13-episode-long seasons or even go into more extreme lenghts and split them into eight seasons with either 6 or 7 episodes.

@Johnny B. Mediocre  
That’s true.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
I mean there’ve been several animated shows on Netflix that have had 4-8+ seasons (BoJack Horseman had 5, She-Ra had 5, Voltron had 8, Carmen Sandiego had 4, Spirit: Riding Free has 10 seasons) plus considering the monumental success of G4, I don’t think Netflix is going to skimp on giving as much time as they can to this new series
granted it is a little too early to start thinking of the shelf life of this generation - we just don’t know yet

Going through the catalogue and looking at season counts for anything suggests otherwise, because while a handful of shows/series may have broken the 3> mark, multitudes more are <3 and many more at 1 season. There’ll be an explosive interest in a show when it is one season, which will slow or hold at the second, and if it does either it’ll likely hit the chopping block.

If we take MLP:FiM as being your standard-rate animated television show, we can note it’s mean decline throughout its lifespan here

For comparison sake, we can look at BoJack and know why it’s been refreshed so often on Netflix

Comparison wise for ratings, Transformers Prime has out-performed MLP:FIM

But back to Netflix, B:The Beginning, another Netflix original piece of animation, and to return to what the norm looks like looks like it’s showing the signs of being merc’d from the platform

Aggretsuko

Paradise PD

Love Death and Robots
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide