Season 7 Episode Discussion [Speculation, Discussion, Spoilers] (SPOILER YOUR LEAKS)

EquestrianScholar
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

The fact remains though, that the show staff have provided to many hints and outright admittance in a few cases that they are dead.

One that comes to mind is the fact that a staff member actually admitted the falling stars were supposed to be Applejack’s parents, a subtle hint of their death.

I mean again, if they are alive, where the hell have they been all this time? What would be more important than raising their own children, of at least showing up during the Apple family reunion? At the very least being there for Apple Bloom.

I’m sorry, I know many of them want them to be alive especially after The Perfect Pear, but too much time has passed. Them just up and sudden appearing would be unacceptable, with how long they’ve been away.

Years have passed by in show, without any acknowledgment of them being alive and plenty of hints or nods that they are dead.
EquestrianScholar
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@HollowedIchigo  
I’m sorry, but I call bull shit if the staff tried using that as an excuse. What would they have had to have been stranded for 8-10 years?

Particularly with the new episode, it very much implies they’ve been gone for a very long time. Them being stranded in some remote location would not be justification for keeping them out of the show so long.

My apologies, but the writers have dug themselves too much in hole and implying and suggesting that they are dead I think for them to be justified in trying to bring them in.
HollowedIchigo

Pear Butter's #1 fan
@EquestrianScholar  
Much better option than them being dead. That’s just too depressing and would ruin the show for me. Like I said, I’ll continue to believe they are stranded and will be found snd rescued in a future episode.
EquestrianScholar

@HollowedIchigo  
I don’t get that sentiment at all, I mean yeah I can understand why a lot of people would want them to be alive but the idea that would be sad or depressing if they’re actually dead is strong.

Death is a fact of life, it is something that all people must experience at some point. Some may experience much sooner than others, so I might have a hit more close to home such as a friend or family member but it will happen.

I will offer though, that I might have a bias I’m one detail. Since I do believe in life after death, I do not see it as being something so scary or tragic, so perhaps that they way I have difficulty in seeing the issue.
EquestrianScholar

@HollowedIchigo  
Also one good thing that can come from death is the fact that it would lead for character growth. But I feel a tad so much the character of the Apple siblings if their parents are dead, then simply alive and missing all this time.

That by having their parents alive, you actually cheapen them narritively. It may be sad or even depressing, but it’s not a bad sort of pain and they still have memories to look back on. Particularly when speaking to those that knew their parents most, which can open up so many stories.
EquestrianScholar

@Icewalker220  
That is what the show and even writers have been suggesting or hinting at for so many years to the point where it’s been hammered in pretty well. Though because of the episode The Perfect Pear, this has been argued and has come up a lot more discussion.

For example, it was outright stated that the falling stars were meant to represent Applejack’s parents and just other more subtle details.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide