Season 8 Episode Discussion [Spoilers, possible leaks, rumours etc.]

gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@Eeveeinheat

Depends honestly. It always feels like every episode is incredibly polarizing.

I’d say Horse Play and Molt Down are the most important episodes. Maybe Marks for Effort too. For the rest it depends on what you like. I found Surf and/or Turf and Parent Map really sweet. And Break Up Breakdown and Mean 6 are really funny. I’d say the only one you should steer clear of completely is Non-Compete Clause.
Pause

World's Smallest Violin
Non-Compete Clause is “bad” in the same way 28 Pranks Later or MMDW is “bad”. In that they aren’t but because people are throwing exaggerated whinefests about a problem that doesn’t really exist people have made it “bad”.
rdibp
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
The Mean 6 is the only episode so far I can consider bad. Non-Compete Clause is pretty low as well, but there are still some things in that episode that redeems it a bit.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@rdibp  
I don’t think any episodes of Season 8 for me are “bad”. Non Compete Clause, everyone’s favorite scapegoat for the season, wasn’t that horrible to me. I didn’t think it was good at all, but I just found out more below average than “bad”.
rdibp
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
@LeoNero  
I liked pretty much all the stuff with the Student Six, but the episode was still pretty dull.

The Mean 6 had some decently funny moments here and there, but the pacing was a mess, had a frustrating plot and ended on a disappointing note. Overall making it an episode I don’t want to ever revisit.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@gingerninja666

@rdibp

I recently rewatched Boast Busters, and it offered some interesting points of comparison to Non-Compete Clause. The scene of Twilight sending the Ursa Minor back to its cave is a really good scene. Unfortunately, it destroys any hope of clever writing for Twilight’s abilities, because there are no clearly-defined rules for what she can or can’t do. On the other hand, when Ocellus transformed into a seapony, I went

“Oh yeah! She could totally do that. That’s actually really cool. Plus it means she has something in common with Silverstream.” So far, the Student Six’s abilities have lent themselves to clever problem-solving better than The Mane Six’ have.

The other comparison is that both feature characters that endangered the lives of others. However, at least Applejack and Rainbow Dash suffer some kind of consequences for their actions, such as not winning the award they wanted, and having to be saved by the Student Six. The more I think about it, the more I think Non-Compete Clause is better than Boast Busters.
Pause

World's Smallest Violin
The more I think about it, the more I think Non-Compete Clause is better than Boast Busters.

I could’ve easily told you that.

Boast Buster is #2 on an incredibly short list of actually bad episodes.

The episode would’ve been fine if:  
A) Trixie wasn’t a travelling performer and just someone who went around challenging people to humiliate them  
or  
B) She had actually encouraged someone to bring an Ursa Major into town.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
…HUH.

Turns out my parents started getting the extra cable package that comes with Discovery Family at least a few months ago (they don’t exactly remember when they started) and watch some of the channel’s evening shows.

All this time, I could have watched at least a few of the season 8 episodes live, possibly all of them so far, and I didn’t know this until the mid-season hiatus started.

Go figure.
Background Pony #FE59
I’m too lazy to log in again..maybe I should just stay anon. Anyway, when’s the Trixie episode? It’s not eight years away is it?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide