The My Little Pony Movie

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@LeoNero  
Hasbro (and most other companies) don’t like giving away their production costs. It allows them them to perform massive tax fraud allows them to control their share prices more effectively.

Disney never announces the budgets of it’s films.
Background Pony #5763
@Philweasel  
But with Disney we do eventually know what the budget was. With MLP we are getting all kinds of conflicting reports.

Either way, I feel quite bad it couldn’t make more. In a just world it would’ve beaten Emoji into a pulp.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Well, now I just feel like a moron for thinking that the emails said the exact opposite of what they actually said in regards to a sequel.

Though I’m a bit confused as to whether the G5 reboot transition movie IS the sequel or not.
Background Pony #5763
@Philweasel  
We know enough about Princess and the Frogs budget to know, despite it’s underwhelming performance, it still turned in a small profit.

Considering that was like the last chance 2D animation truly had, that’s kind of bittersweet even if it could have been worse.
Background Pony #BE35
@Jarkes  
I actually read original 4chan thread according to it next upcoming MLP movie is CGI animated film that kicks off G5 then then story continues in the new G5 TV series that premieres like 6-8 months after though I can see the confusion when information spreads from site to site & person to person since information tends to slightly change when spreads around
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Was I the only one who thought that it was a little unusual for the main characters to survive a waterfall leap off of Canterlot?
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
Well, unlike MLP, it was a box office success. Despite the fact that instead of making a sequel they made a short and a TV show on Disney Channel.

I’m pretty sure that was the point where they officially said, “No more terrible Disney sequels!”. Note it took this long for Frozen 2, despite it’s massive success. And that only happened because the two main guys behind it wanted to make a sequel and managed to convince Bob Iger to make an exception.

And yeah Disney make more money. Of course they do. Hasbro is competing with Sony Pictures Animation and possibly Dreamworks, not goddamn Disney. That’s a puppy picking a fight with a gorrila.

@Background Pony #A307  
It’s not the movie’s fault it’s not getting a direct sequel, at least not directly. The movie just took too long to make (I think it was about four years?), and Hasbro feel they’ve tapped out G4 at this point. It’s silly to make a movie to promote a universe that you’re just about to shelve.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
If Hasbro isn’t competing with Disney, then why would Paramount compete with Marvel with both cinematic universes based on Hasbro’s brands?

Paramount is the fifth oldest surviving film studio in the world! It’s not exactly a little dog!

And sure, Hasbro wanted to go with a big studio for Pony. Look how that turned out. That pretty much convinced them (along with the rather critically mauled transformers series) that they would rather do things in house, which necessitates a slight lowering of ambition.
Applepie1973

Nostalgia Purist
@Background Pony #A307  
It’s not the movie’s fault it’s not getting a direct sequel, at least not directly. The movie just took too long to make (I think it was about four years?), and Hasbro feel they’ve tapped out G4 at this point. It’s silly to make a movie to promote a universe that you’re just about to shelve. [/bq]

Right said.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@LeoNero  
The movie had a $50 million budget and Hasbro had planned to get a $100 million total profit, where 50 million would be expected to cover the movie’s costs and the other 50 were planned to be the post-costs profit.

I already posted here the movie’s final budget and profits, even including China’s box office results. The first time I did it I was called a liar, and both times my comments were drowned under a wall of artificial movie praises and damage control.  
So I don’t know why this place even bother asking for numbers if the place’s default reaction is shitpost and deny any results that weren’t what you guys wanted to see.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide