Unpopular opinion time

Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Dustcan  
I respect people not wanting to hear it. At the same time though, others need to respect that people DO want to say/hear it, that this thread is a valid place for it, and that participation in this thread is entirely optional. Same as when people are discussing something I don’t want to hear for like the millionth time; If I don’t like it that’s real tough for me and I can go elsewhere :P
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
Sunset is good when she hangs out with Starlight in Mirror Magic. I never liked her before then. She was also awesome as a good little pony in Forgotten Friendship. But in her other appearances, I don’t like her.

But it is true that they barely have anything in common and the idea of them being the same character is weird. Even though I’m sure this joke was meant in good fun, it kinda came off as insulting to me, ontop of being inaccurate:

Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Vivace

Consent seems like a moot point, though. Fluttershy consented (albeit reluctantly) in Bats, and got fucked up.

I suppose it’s a risk either way, but at the same time, this is probably why you should only deal with licensed practitioners.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
I tend to view Sunset Shimmer as style, and Starlight Glimmer as depth. Kinda born out by the fact that Starlight is more genuinely liked but people don’t really talk about her much, and Glimmer is more divisive but is the most talked about pony by several orders of magnitude.

Sunset’s reformation and big moments tend to be more emotionally resonant and she’s insanely charismatic, but there’s not really much too her apart from being generally awesome and nice. Starlight is sometimes very difficult to like and often acts as the antagonist inside her own episodes, but is a clusterfuck of interesting concepts and emotional disfunction that can be debated on for hours.

As I’ve mentioned, both. Both approaches make for great TV.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I will say, it’s actually a good thing that people have such passionate opinions about liking or hating this or that character… it means people actually care. Total indifference would be bad. It proves we care about these characters and that the writing team did a good job at making us feel something
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@EquusStorm  
It’s not the perfect dream, But I’m ok about a lot of disussion of even if only it was a 3 minute short. The fandom rebirth XD.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Well I guess liking Sunset makes me bisexual then as there’s no way I like her as a character without wanting to marry her. :^)
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
@ILoveMyoozik  
It was something that Big Jim said at a con panel recently - I’d never thought about it that way, and it opened my eyes to that fact. He’s a bit divisive, sure, but pretty wise.

I think I would like Sunset a hell of a lot more if she were in FiM to be honest, I’ve just never been fond of EQG as a franchise and I still don’t like the character designs. These are just personal preferences of mine. I’ve always griped that I enjoy My Little Pony and if I were in the mood to watch human characters I’d just go watch anime. But I’ll say again that I’m thrilled people DO like EqG because hopefully their enthusiasm and toy sales kept FiM going a couple more seasons than they would have otherwise.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
I will say, it’s actually a good thing that people have such passionate opinions about liking or hating this or that character… it means people actually care. Total indifference would be bad.

Speaking of which, when did we have a in depth debate about any of the mane 6?

You know why I’m sometimes wound up by anti-Starlight haters? I’ve called out more than one of them for only ever taking about Starlight, and last mentioning a Mane 6 member in a non-related context sometime around 2016.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide