Unpopular opinion time

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Philweasel

The worst part about it for me was that it was during the show’s “let’s be needlessly cruel to Spike for no reason!” phase. He literally causes the conflict through an extreme contrivance and no fault of his own, and after crying about it and feeling so guilty… he doesn’t appear for the rest of the episode.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Josh103  
All of them should have a peak in season 9. If they don’t, I’ll be very upset.

It’s the last hurrah guys. If they can’t muster a legitimately awesome moment for every single main cast member, they’ve done every single one of their fans a disservice.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
@Jarkes  
Hah, wow. Did not know that. XD When I met him a few years ago at I think Babs, he did a Seabreeze line while signing an autograph, at a way higher pitch than I thought he could do, so I can totally see that
Philweasel

Right About Everything
The worst part about it for me was that it was during the show’s “let’s be needlessly cruel to Spike for no reason!” phase. He literally causes the conflict through an extreme contrivance and no fault of his own, and after crying about it and feeling so guilty… he doesn’t appear for the rest of the episode.

Yeah, it was that kind of thing that I mean. They literally used him as a mean spirited plot device, which took a lot away from the intended sincerity of everything that came after.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Spike’s been shafted just in general throughout the entire show. No wonder he has haters; the writers have often seemed to throw him in as a bumbling plot device then throw him away. Hopefully he gets to actually do stuff in S9.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
I’ve just got the Flanderization of criticism on my mind again. This trend of having the kernal of an actual critique, but then jazzing and hyperizing it up beyond the reality of what happened.

It can’t be that Starlight messed with time, she had to consciously try to end the world several times.

It can’t be enough that RD and AJ weren’t responsible, they had to intentionally allow a student to drown right in front of them.

It can’t be enough that Starlight was rash when dealing with Discord, she had to literally attempt murder.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@EquusStorm  
I felt it caused many to judge him too harshly in Triple Threat, where despite being doomed by his central assumption (which, quite frankly, Starlight and Twilight openly encouraged) he was actually really competent and legitimately came across as the most sensible of the trio.
Josh103
Thread Starter - Artists you miss.

@Philweasel  
I would hope so. Although I’m barely invested at all anymore in this show, I still would like something grandiose as a send-off. Or, just merely something with high production value.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Jarkes

Agreed, 100%. I still say that was, beyond any doubt, the worst abuse Spike has been subjected to in the show to date.

@Prowl

Not particularly. Pinkie and Starlight were pretty much forced into interaction through Maud.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Philweasel  
I didn’t like the way the breezies sounded. I just found it really annoying :<

@Jarkes  
This show is just super cruel to certain characters for really no reason. It’s not even like they’re trying to be funny or deep, either. Just like “Hey, this bad thing happened to this character again!” kind of thing :(
Philweasel

Right About Everything
While AJ was the most accepting of her by far (the first to welcome her within their group in TCR, and the first to forgive her in ELTSD).

I think that’s part of Applejack’s code of honor. To refuse to forgive and forget would demean her.

She doesn’t particularly like Starlight, but she didn’t particularly like Trenderhoof either. In both cases she hesitated to be openly hostile because she acknowledged that both were sincere in their actions, even if they were both ignorant, bothersome idiots.

It’s part of the ‘good ol boys, evangelical Christian, southern american’ ideal that Applejack represents, and I wish the show would make more of sometimes. Honestly though, I feel that occasionally the showrunner’s distain for the demographical has occasionally been very obvious, to poor Applejack’s detriment.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I just realized I’ve missed the recent round of FiM shorts and haven’t seen them at all. Con preparation made me totally forget to check.

Why am I just now hearing about them. Yikes
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Now I have an impulse to watch “It Ain’t Easy Being Breezies” again because of this convo, but I have to go somewhere soon.
Kanye West
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Thicc Thighs Connoisseur
Some people have really been overreacting and taking it to the extreme with the news. I don’t want to read about anyone killing themselves because the show is ending, that’s equal parts sad…and sorry, but also pathetic. I want them to get help or branch out and find other things to enjoy.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide