Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #F626
@Mildgyth  
She’s only temporarily in a wheelchair because after having the piano and co. dropped on her head, she’s in a better state afterwards having regained the ability to walk. She should have been in a full body cast after that, if the writers didn’t flick the slapstick violence switch back into the “harmless” position just before.

@Philweasel  
^Is the above realistic too? Dropping an avail/piano on a paraplegic’s head and having them feeling better afterwards?  
Hell, there’s been a fair few people who have fallen out of exploding airplanes and sustained minor injuries.

According to RD, the rest of the M6 falling out of a hot air balloon would have resulted in them being “smashed to pieces”. Or Spike’s comment in Secret of my Excess about not “making it” while falling with Rarity. I wish you were right in that regard, because that’s another thing I find odd: The characters are fine colliding with a hard surface at high speed just so long as it’s from any direction except below. Crushed by something hard from above (piano)? No worries. Slammed against a wall (Rainbow Crash, or Fluttershy in Rainbow Falls)? Hunky-dory. Hitting the floor from up high (Sonic Rainboom, SomE, Wonderbolt Academy)? Don’t even think about it. They should be fine, but the writers tell us they won’t. They will never ever show us though, especially this late in the game. It would be disastrous if they did show that they’d be fine, though. It would show that the apparent stakes in the aforementioned scenes were far lower than were being reported.

@EquusStorm  
People are far more pedantic about far more inconsequential things. People get pedantic about the way ponies hold cups, for Pete’s sake.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
I should make clear too that I don’t dislike the CMC episodes at all. I just like them as individual characters a lot more :D

@Background Pony #7951  
I do like how that pedanticness led to the theory that ponies exist in a post-apocalyptic post-human scavenger world. Then Equestria Girls kind of implied the humans live in a post-apocalyptic post-pony world, which is the coolest thing ever XD  
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@Badumsquish

But the Gabby situation is actually impossible from their point of view. For the CMC they had the basis of the entirety of ponykind to make them believe they would get their marks eventually. With Gabby they have no reason to believe it could be done.

That’s why it works with scootaloo’s wings. The Gabby situation is an impossibility, and in Scoots’ eyes her flying is looking increasingly like an impossibility too, so she vicariously conflates the two.

Scoots was by far the one most effected by Gabby.
Background Pony #F626
@Badumsquish  
Oh yeah, I don’t mind pedanticness in itself. It wouldn’t be a fandom without it. I just wish some of that pedanticness could be redirected away from, say, getting pissy because a pony sat on a chair the wrong way, and towards something that actually impacts the story like slapstick violence.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Background Pony #7951  
I kind of took that as Spike and Rainbow Dash being overdramatic, which to be fair is not out of character.

A terminal velocity fall should certainly hurt a pony, quite seriously, since it’s hinted that they’re rather heavy. I doubt it would be as leathal as it would be for a human, but they would likely end up in traction, and it’s certainly possible it would kill them.

Spike on the other hand is nearly invincible, and much smaller and lighter, so he was certainly freaking out for nothing (he’s bellyflopped onto lava at near terminal velocity).
Badumsquish
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@gingerninja666  
I dunno, dude. It’s a world where a portal turns ponies into people, dogs into people, dragons into dogs, bunnies into bunnies, and goddesses into high school principals, where ponies can be cloned with ponds of water or pieces of wood, where ponies control the weather except when they don’t have to, and literally everything Pinkie Pie does. “Impossible” is something Equestria does often and without fanfare XD
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
The CMC always worked best when they were on their own or when the episode focused on their relationship with their sisters
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
@Badumsquish

I never really liked the idea of “arbitrary skepticism”

For instance, if you brought a person from the past to our time and showed them all the stuff we can do. Be it cars or planes or smart tvs, they’d think that anything is possible… but it isn’t.

Just because MLP is in a world where magic exists, doesn’t mean the characters should just not care and believe anything can happen.
Badumsquish

@gingerninja666  
I don’t know if it was intentional, but I actually really like how the show did that. Like, season 1 the characters were fairly firmly rooted in a “this is possible, this isn’t” skeptic mentality, but as the series has gone on and they’ve seen and done increasingly “impossible” things they’ve apparently lost that skepticism and tend to just take stuff at face value. It’s like a series-long meta case of character development :D

Also, I like how the show established “rules” for magic, but frequently breaks them. I think when magic has firm rules it ceases being magic and just becomes mundane. When there’s that level of “well, it IS magic so ‘impossible’ can happen” it keeps the magic alive :D
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@gingerninja666  
May I simplify? Switching Scootaloo and Apple Bloom’s dialogue doesn’t work as well as having Scootaloo say it because Scootaloo has a goal of achieving something hard to reach that the other CMC don’t have to deal with.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Badumsquish  
I think magic becomes hard to care about when it has no rules. If everything is possible, nothing really matters.

There’s no rules, and concrete rules, and somewhere in there is the entertaining balance of knowing a becomes c, but not having the pleasure of knowing where b ran off to to make this transaction.
Badumsquish

@PonyPon  
Totally true, but the magic actually plays a fairly small part in the series overall. Usually it’s about the characters and their interactions with one another and the magic’s just a plot device. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t matter, so to speak. All the show’s lore is like that, actually :D
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
My fave shifted from AB in S1, to Sweetie Belle in S2, and Scootaloo in S3+… they had very defining episodes in those seasons, though, that probably tipped the balance in their favor.
Background Pony #F2E8
Which was the most confusing moments that you had during this seasons? Moments that makes you question why that happened, or why they are doing this or acting like this?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide