Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #7CFD
@Background Pony #8D6C  
Yes, kids can do evil, but people can also change and its easier for children to do so. Also, this is a world where people like Discord exist, who proved constantly regressed time and time again and kept getting second chances despite being just as bad as Cozy in the past.

How do you know that Cozy can’t change if there’s never an attempt at reforming her?
Background Pony #8D6C
@Background Pony #7CFD  
Anyone can change. Whether they do actually change is up to them in the end. Cozy and the others chose to do what they did and for that they get the stone prison.
Background Pony #7A68
Cozy has that moment in Frenemies where she does acknowledge that working together with others “Felt better somehow”, her own words. She only rejected that because of Chrysalis as far as we’ve seen, so I’m honestly not totally convinced she’s too far gone just yet. Plus, not like she’d be the only villain they’ve tried to reform who’s attempted murder, Luna definitely tried to kill Celestia, Sunset tried to kill Twi and the Humane Five, Starlight’s arguably attempted to kill Twilight and Spike when she trapped them in that crystal, and realistically Tempest has probably killed somebody before.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
If there were another season or two,I have no doubt at least Chrysalis and Cozy would’ve been reformed. As it is,it feels like they just wanted to end the show on something big. Whether or not it was thought out.  
But at least they didn’t erase the past,so better than Dino Charge.
Background Pony #7A68
@Latecomer  
I kinda wanted the trio to genuinely become friends with each other, but then not end up reforming. Just because I think it’d be really interesting for the show to fully acknowledge that bad, evil people can have friends or care about others too and that doesn’t automatically make them good, and because they have great chemistry and are just way more interesting as a group to me.
Background Pony #7CFD
@Background Pony #8D6C  
The difference is that Discord was given a second chance and the help he needed to change. Cozy never got that. Do you honestly believe that Discord would have changed without Celestia ordering his release and without Fluttershy tirelessly working on rehabilitating him and all the times he’s been forgiven for practically everything?

@Background Pony #8D6C  
How is a school supposed to act as a reformation center for someone the cast doesn’t know needs reformation? How are history lessons and whatever arts and crafts stuff the Main 6 were teaching supposed to change her?

@Background Pony #8D6C  
Discord brasinwashed them and didn’t care who got hurt in his chaotic reign while Starlight attacked two of her villagers and Twilight and Spike.
Background Pony #8D6C
@Background Pony #7CFD  
And both Discord and Starlight changed of his own volition. Whether or not cozy got her chance, she did what she did. She tried to nuke all the magic, kill the main cast and is just an overall manipulative little hellspawn. She was a student at a friendship school run by a group of friends who got their superpowers from friendship. She had her chance there. She got out of ponyhell after being sent there for doing something bad yet chose to keep doing bad after she got out. I don’t know what else to say. She’s evil and doesn’t seem repentant about being evil. I think she may be evil beyond help but others may disagree. That being said, her actions were a conscious choice to hurt others. By the end of the series, her and her allies had proven too strong and malicious to just lock up. They certainly weren’t changing their minds about killing the main cast and taking over so I doubt offering to be friends would have changed much there and then. The only way to protect society at large was to put them in stone. Honestly, its no more extreme than Celestia locking her sister in the moon for 1000 years and even then, Luna could have been argued to have been posessed by the nightmare and thus not completely responsible for what she was doing. Maybe, like luna, cozy and the other two will get another chance down the line.

Even then, I still don’t see Cozy changing. She’s too manipulative, psychotic and willing to commit evil acts to be trusted. Her being a child certainly doesn’t mitigate any of that. She understands the concept of friendship just enough to manipulate the ‘friends’ she’s made to her own gain. I don’t think she can truly appreciate the actual concept beyond that.
Background Pony #8D6C
@Latecomer  
She and her team individually had proben to be some of the greatest threats the nation faced. Working together, they aquired and made operational a superweapon, managed to put the combined power of the mane cast on the back foot, and it took the combined efforts of literally half the show’s character list to finish them. They’re three super dangerous characters on a team together. If Tirek could find a way out in S4, the three of them could together eventually. The stone prison was honestly the best option for these three.
Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
I think that given the sort of world it us, there’s a magic spring somewhere that can let any two creatures breed. Or perhaps they used a wishblossom, or (given the results) made a bargain with a demon. Lots of possibilities besides straightforwatd interfertility.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
True. Our only knowledge is that Scorpan and Tirek were brothers. The comics show their father is a centaur and their mother is a gargoyle. We also know that unicorns, pegasi, earth ponies and alicorns can interbreed. It’s inferred that donkeys and ponies can as well. Theoretically, zebras can also breed with donkeys and ponies. Miles (half pony, half donkey) are a true cross breed. If Interspecies breeding is possible, my guess would be that a yak and pony would have yaks and ponies, not a crossbreed. Still seems weird to open up that possibility without any real explanation. At the very least, call them step brothers to avoid any confusion.
Background Pony #F374
What Cozy did was messed up and she did deserve to be punished. But Cozy was about what,9-10 if she was in the real world. Let’s be honest children don’t think like adults do. So from my point of view all Cozy could have been having was a messed up Temper Tantrum. The fact that we don’t even know if she has parents, because yes they have a hand on how a child acts, is just weird. I honestly don’t think people are born inherently evil I think it’s the world that shapes you that way.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide