Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #8777
I like all the Princesses (except Flurry, who I’m more meh) and think pitting them against each other so that there can only be one “best princess” is stupid.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I don’t care for Derpy myself, but she’s a character that I certainly respect for the impact she’s made in the community.
Latecomer

I thought I was fairly neutral on Derpy, but thinking about it, she offers an angle on Equestria that the Manes can’t really - an ordinary pony doing what she can to get by and have fun. Not famous or a heroine, never saved Equestria - but that doesn’t mean she hasn’t faced her own struggles and overcome them without losing her good cheer. The optional “single mother” angle boosts this even further - most ponies may not know her name, but she’s everything to Dinky.

As for ranking Princesses - some people just like ranking stuff, I guess.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
I’m also neutral on Derpy.Derpy to me was the cliche clumsy “Goofy” character archetype, that just about almost every cartoon had at that time. It was cool to see some recurring background ponies, but to me that was it. I can understand why people we’re upset,but like she was called “Derpy”, what we’re people expecting?

On the topic on the Princess I would have loved to see more of Lauren’s idea of them and they’re backstory. Also this might be a unpopular opinion, but I think the comics handle them better than the show.
Background Pony #F374
I’ve always wonder why Spike wasn’t invited to Twilight’s Birthday in “Sweet and Elite”
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Derpy is a superior name to Muffins.

They probably can’t have called her Bubbles because there’s already a character with that name.

I still maintain that the entire controversy was stupid and no one should be getting offended by her.
Background Pony #8777
I don’t think the Mane Five’s future designs are THAT bad. Like remove the wrinkles from all of them, clean up Applejack’s mane, and remove the gray line in Rarity’s mane and tail, and I think they’d be fine.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony  
#F374

I headcanon that the Canterlot crew were his friends, not Twilight’s and that he was visiting them at the time, since he so rarely gets to leave Ponyville. He felt a lot of guilt about Moondancer becoming a shut-in because he accepted her refusal to hang out instead of study as normal behavior (he already knows someone like that and thinks it’s normal).

@Wiimeiser  
I thought it was twenty as well. Was it really not stated how long the time skip was?

@TheHappySpaceman  
You have my curiosity.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide