Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I do like the juxtaposition of Starlight and Trixie struggling and going through hell while the mane 6 sing a song about how perfect their friendship is.

Man, I wish I can agree with you on that cause I feel the opposite. Both plots feel disjointed from one another with the B plot feeling it didn’t fit at all. It just felt incredibly pointless and redudant overall compared to the A plot, which was better.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Latecomer  
Yeah, I remember that episode. xD

To be honest, Lesson Zero is not one of my favourite episodes from season 2, but at least that part was one third of the whole episode (maybe two or three minutes). It’s not like Every little thing she does, where two thirds of the entire episode was Starlight manipulating Twilight’s friends in a very egotistical way (she has absolutely no reason of why she would do that).

Her will to finish her friendship homework as quick as possible doesn’t fit with her desire of redemption. And now that I mention it, it doesn’t make sense that a unicorn that was able to manipulate an entire town now is clumsy at doing that.

full
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Ring Team  
Starlight manipulated a town through rhetoric. The only magic she did on them was remove their cutie mark. And Starlight directly said she wanted to do her homework quickly to impress Twilight. She was trying to be a good student but missed the point of the lesson. It’s almost the exact reasoning Twilight had in Lesson Zero.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

I don’t know, maybe we watched two different episodes, because I didn’t get that impression. Her desire to impress Twilight doesn’t match with her desire of redemption or desire to be accepted by everypony. From a dramatic point of view, the episode is completely unnecessary.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Ring Team  
True, her actions don’t seem to forward her goals of redemption or acceptance but I think there’s a reason for that. Twilight is the one that forgave her, accepted her, took her in and is both a teacher and a friend. Twilight is a very important person to Starlight and the way she chose to express her appreciation and gratitude is to be the best student possible. The adoration she has for Twilight supersedes her own ambitions. Unfortunately, Starlight is a bit of a control freak and doesn’t really have a grasp on personal boundaries so…
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@Brass Beau

Actually, Starlight was afraid of failing and being rejected in ELTSD. She explains it near the end:

Starlight Glimmer: Ugh, fine! I've been avoiding the friendship lessons on purpose. 
Twilight Sparkle: Why? 
Starlight Glimmer: I can cast complex spells, but baking a cake with Pinkie Pie freaks me out! And yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds. That's why I didn't say anything. I thought if I just kept wowing you with my magical abilities, you might just... not... notice? 
Twilight Sparkle: Baking a cake freaks you out? 
Starlight Glimmer: Yes! Baking a cake, sewing – all of it! What if I was bad at it? I didn't want to be a disappointment to anypony, and I ended up being a disappointment to everypony. 
Twilight Sparkle: Starlight, do you think anypony cares if you can bake a cake? 
Starlight Glimmer: But the lesson— 
Twilight Sparkle: Was to get to know Pinkie Pie better by doing something she loves. It was a friendship lesson, not a baking lesson. 
Starlight Glimmer: Oh. You know, I think I might have missed the point here.

Like, she literally didn’t understand what the friendship homework even meant or what purpose it served. She thought that she was being judged on her ability to bake and sew and whatnot, and that people would be dissapointed in her if she wasn’t good enough.
Ring Team
Artist -

Yeah, I read that many months ago. However, I don’t see why Starlight would do that with magic. When I think of all these moments I don’t think the intention was “oh, I hope Starlight is ok”, more like “here’s some magic, isn’t that cool?”.

But that doesn’t mean the idea is bad. I think it would have been a good episode if, instead of using magic, she just spends some time with Twilight’s friends. She slowly loses her patience and, in one minute, she tells Twilight’s friends to shut up, because it’s too much for her. Later, she would apology because she learns that she’s not as patient as she expected, and she ends up spending time with her new friends, just not everyone at the same time.
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
@Ring Team

But the episode wasn’t about Starlight’s patience. The episode was about how Starlight’s fear of rejection and lack of understanding of friendship led to her missing the point of Twilight’s lessons. She didn’t snap because she ran out of patience with the Remane 5. She snapped because she was afraid of what would happen if she “failed”.

Starlight’s fear of rejection is a consistant character flaw that runs through a lot of her early episodes.

I don’t think you’re supposed to be thinking “Is Starlight ok?” You’re supposed to be thinking “This character needs to learn”
Latecomer

@Ring Team  
She didn’t control the town with mind-control magic,just regular cult tactics.

I don’t think ELTSD is a particularly OOC episode for Starlight, but I do think it was a poor choice for her redemption arc.

@Ring Team  
Er, I’d say those desires are fairly well aligned. Twilight is her teacher in the ways of friendship, and the one who demolished her old worldview. Pleasing her and redemption are probably synoymous.
Vivace
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Latecomer  
ELTSD would probably make her reformation process more palatable if it happened earlier in the season, particularly before No Second Prances.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Starlight was better before she became a well adjusted individual. I liked her better when she was destroying Equestria by staying in her room.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I wish there were more Applejack and Fluttershy episodes. I find it funny how the two nature ponies barely have any episodes where they talk to each other. I think the episodes they have could have be like where AJ has a realistic view of nature whereas Fluttershy has an idealized version of it. And I can just see them having a sisterly bond with each other.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
Starlight was better before she became a well adjusted individual. I liked her better when she was destroying Equestria by staying in her room.

I know you’re memeing, but goddamn if this isn’t true.
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
I honestly got the sense that if Star were left to her own devices, and she didn’t have the hectic plot of a tv show happening around her, she would just hang out with her friends and do whatever she could to do Twilight proud.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide