Suggestion and bullshitting thread(NSFW,hangout, rp suggestions, sheet posting, venting

Boxless

stop using Derpi lmao
@CobaltTheMadMage  
Unless you’re in Beetle, Shroomite, or Spectre, don’t try either unless you’re masochistic.

Or on Normal. Then hell go right ahead i ain’t stoppin ya.
Zaknel
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Mods-Ezekiel 33:11
It seems I finally have a thread that I can manage, that lots of people enjoy, and is what people have been wanting from the RP forums for a while now.
Zaknel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

@CasaBlamCo  
I used to obsess over astronomy when I was like 10. I studied it hard, and I remember this much: Extrasolar planets aren’t usually given practical names (e.g, Neptune, Uranus).
FeatherTrap
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Gone to Ponybooru
@Zaknel  
The planets in the Solar System are named after gods from old Roman mythology.

Except for our own planet, ‘Terra’. We literally called our own homeworld ‘Dirt/Rock/Earth’ :P  
Humans are awfully unimaginative when it comes to naming things…
Zaknel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@FeatherTrap  
That is kind of unimaginitive, actually. Never considered that before. The thing that gives us our land to stand on, our air to breathe, our food to eat, and we just named it after dirt.
FeatherTrap

Gone to Ponybooru
@Zaknel  
Can you imagine in the far future a human historian sitting down with a bunch of aliens as they talk about all the cultural and symbolic meanings behind the names of their worlds. And then the human is like:

“Our homeworld is called ‘Terra’”

“And what does that mean?”

“It’s Latin for ‘Rock’”

“…you called your homeworld ‘Rock’?”

“Yes”

“..Why?”

“Because it’s a big f**king rock in space, alright? Go complain to the Romans if you don’t like it!”
Coriolanus

I think they may’ve named it “terra” at first because of those aspects, but then over the centuries, as people became more and more disassociated with certain things, such as where their food is produced, “dirt” became more of a moniker for muddy stuff people tread on and leave wiped on doormats.
Zaknel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@FeatherTrap  
Then they’ll be confused at the remark of it being a rock in space, and say that since it is 70% water, it’s more like a drop in space, and we should have named it “drop.” I guess that’s just how I foresee it.

But, I do have to wonder, what else could we have named it? Maybe the Latin word for “life,” since it gives us life? Or, maybe the Latin word for “Home,” since it is our home?
Zaknel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@FeatherTrap  
Hmmm… I want to say “mother” as that is what they often call the world: “Mother Earth.” But, something about that feels off.

What speaks of what the world is for us? ,
FeatherTrap

Gone to Ponybooru
@Zaknel  
Mother = Mater

I’m not sure tbh.

I’d call it something cool like ‘Invicta’ if I wanted to intimate some Xenos that are here to invade.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide