General Tag Discussion

cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@TexasUberAlles  
you’re basically arguing for craft to be aliased into traditional art.

All craft are made with traditional materials such as glass, metal, paper, wood, fabric, etc.

The tag is for distinguishing images drawn on a computer from physically rendered images.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
Tag used for images drawn mostly with traditional (i.e. non-digital) tools, like pencils, pens, crayons, markers, charcoal, watercolour, etc.
Here are some helpful related tags:

On that note, pen drawing, marker drawing, chalk drawing, crayon drawing and ink drawing should all imply traditional art, which they currently do not.

@saby  
@cheezedoodle  
It seems obvious to me that paintings would be included as traditional art – they’re 2d art drawn or painted on a physical medium with physical pigments, which seems the point of the tag. Watercolor and oil painting both imply traditional art already, after all.
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@cheezedoodle  
Is this where we separate sculpting by medium to craft sculpture (play-dough, Fimo, SuperSculpey, papier mache, felted and sewed sculptures, cast plastics/resin, Lego, any medium requiring adhesives of physical joinery to hold together etc), and traditional sculpture (clay, gypsum, cast metals, wood, stone, concrete, bone etc.)?

Also what is the classification of glasswork like Tiffany, or physical mosaic (assuming traditional materials)?

How about embroidery and tapestry weaving? Crafts or “fine arts”? Does it matter how rough or fine the detail level is? Materials used?
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@LightningBolt  
Well the discussion seemed to be going into a place. And it’s probably good to define some actual guidelines to tagging physically manifest media now that we’re already talking about an aspect of it.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
wardrobe malfunction seems to be misused quite a lot (perhaps due to ambiguous description?); there’s a separate tag for when the clothes never even had a chance of covering the character up.

I updated the short description to “Unintentional exposure through clothing tearing or breaking.” as it was awfully vague. Does that sound better to you?

@Zaknel  
No.

@Frustration in Excelsis  
Now that I’ve had time to think more, I believe I set that list at work while on my cell phone several months ago and intended to come back, add more, and finish the implications, but completely forgot.
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@cheezedoodle  
re:wardrobe malfunction  
It should also cover (heh) cases where the clothing isn’t damaged or even the wrong size, just unexpectedly falling off, shifting, moving, or rolling up to cover areas it was supposed to cover. Think a shirt button opening on its own, or a short skirt staying ‘pulled up’ after being crumpled during a long sit, and exposing garters or even a buttock.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
@OneOverTwo  
Sounds as good a distinction as any to me.

Of course, regardless of the decision made, going back and correcting the tagging on every now-mistagged image is going to be a pain. Probably necessary, though – those are pretty messy tags, as is.
WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag horse
@LightningBolt  
They appear to be largely synonymous, and I think I’d point the alias towards “figurine” as “figure” could be a little ambiguous. Beyond the figurine/sculpture mixup, there are a couple images in “figure” that don’t seem to fit any such definition - instead, using it as a synonym for full-body illustrations. They’re in an extremely slim minority, though, and should probably be moved to another tag.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide