General Tag Discussion

Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
I noticed that the sunstone tag seems to be used for both the artifact of that name from G1 and for R63 Sunburst. Given that there doesn’t seem to be another tag used for female versions of Sunburst, should the tag be split? Assuming that it is, the R63 tag should have sunburst, female and r63 as implications.
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
I’ve gone too deep into fetishes and need some outside perspective.

>>1771558 is a vore comic with a “sentient fat” ending: the pony who gets eaten remains alive and aware as they become fat on the body of the pony who ate them. The digestion happens entirely off-panel, and there’s no implication that it’s painful at all. In the last panel, the eaten pony seems to be embarrassed (and maybe turned on a little) more than anything else.

Would it be enough to just tag it “questionable”, or does it need “semi-grimdark” or even “grimdark”?
Kinky Tease
Artist -

Should I move this comment to the artist alias thread? I’m Not sure if it was brushed over just vecause or no one has the answer for it here.  
@Kinkyt11  
Hi! I wasn’t sure if this should go to the name alias thread or here, but since this a bit more open here seems to be appropriate. For a while I posted anonymously and gave myself the nickname “Your Friendly Neighborhood Anon”. It was often abbreviated into YFNA for convenience sake, and it wasn’t until today I finally started posting under my real name and I found out some users here who followed my art made a tag.
[yfna](https://derpibooru.org/tags/yfna)
The reasoning I’m guessing is that many people wanted a tag to add to their watch, and since I have an actual name now I’m curious- should yfna be aliased into my artist tag (Kinkyt11), let the merges in the notifications let them know, or I let the users who have accounts/didn’t post as an anon know there’s a tag now privately through PM?
I’m just asking because if people watch the tag, I want them to know that I’m that same person since not all of them are tagged.
Yoshimon1
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@Zeb  
Didn’t we discuss this 2 or 3 months ago? Anyway…  
Basically the same, just less ‘hunch’ and more ‘What was the artist’s intention?’.  
I don’t tag if there’s no visual indication, artist comment, previous comic page, etc. and it either doesn’t matter or I’m just too unsure.  
Like, I’d tag alicorn because of the dress, but the glasses make me think ponified SciTwi, so… nope.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
@Background Pony #A8E1  
@Zeb  
@Yoshimon1

Personally, I only tag “twilight sparkle (alicorn)” and “unicorn twilight” if it can be reasonably determined from the image which kind of pony she’s meant to be – just going by the upload date doesn’t seem like a good method in my mind, because there can sometimes be a significant temporal gap between the image being made and the image being uploaded. A lot of images are posted wherever the artist wants to post them and are uploaded here hours, days, weeks, months or years later when someone finds them and decides to upload them.

I mean, for instance, both these images I uploaded (1690928, 1611358) were made during Season 1 but only uploaded a few months ago. Neither features Twilight, granted, but they prove my point – there’s nothing stopping a pre~~”MMM” picture from being uploaded after 2013.

Moreover, AUs exist -~~ Silfoe’s Nightmare Moon and Nomad AUs, for instance, but have Twilight quite explicitly as a unicorn, but don’t always show her full body: we only know that Twilight’s a unicorn there because she’s such in other pictures from those ‘verses. Take 1750673 and1566976, where most of Twilight is off-panel, or 1716557, where most of her body is hidden. Tagging “twilight sparkle (alicorn)” in those cases because they’re post-“MMM” busts without the back and sides visible would be mistagging. Without knowing what the artist had in mind, I would not tag busts or pictures where’s she’s mostly obscured or hidden as either pony race.

Basically, I’d say only tag what’s there or can be inferred from a) context, and/or b) other related pictures.
Scrounge
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Since the Beginning  -

nobody's favorite
@Meanlucario  
I’m pretty sure the nipples would bump it up to Questionable on their own.

Also, if we have a “scary-ass Venom tongue” tag, put that on too.

@Yoshimon1  
Like, I’d tag alicorn because of the dress, but the glasses make me think ponified SciTwi, so… nope.

Sci-Twi has wings when she’s ponied up, though, so I wouldn’t interpret that as indicating she’s not an alicorn.
ZONESS
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

@some-guy  
Probably not, but the running rule on this site for spoilers is to leave them up for around one year after their release then the site staff get rid of them by nuking the tags or aliasing them, so there isn’t any benefit to removing them ourselves.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide