General Tag Discussion

Binkyt11
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
@Deserter  
Didn’t it used to also be implied with Derry Hooves and vice versa a while back? I’ve only ever heard it being used as an alt for Derpy.
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Background Pony #AA30  
Ditzy Doo was the name Hasbro tried giving Derpy when we had that huge drama about “MLP mocking disabilities” that ‘derpy’ was offensive and so on.

But since the fandom never quit calling her derpy and eventually the drama ended they w/e with that Ditzy Doo name.
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
@Princess Trixie vi Equestria  
It’s a bit more complex than that.

Ditzy Doo was mentioned by name in “Winter Wrap-Up”: she was the pegasus who was supposed to bring back the migratory birds, but messed up and flew north instead of south. By that point, fanon had largely decided that Derpy was a lovable klutz, so some fans took this episode to mean that Ditzy was Derpy’s real name in canon. Someone even asked Faust about that, and the reply was something to the effect of “That wasn’t our original plan, but she can be Ditzy if you want her to.” So the name Ditzy Doo never eclipsed Derpy Hooves, but definitely became the most popular alternative.

Then “The Last Roundup” happened. The original script by Amy Keating Rogers used Ditzy Doo as the name; it was someone higher up who told her to use the name Derpy as a nod to the fans. When that exploded in their face, Hasbro backpedaled, in most cases by going out of their way to avoid mentioning her by any name. Hence, when “The Last Roundup” was edited, they removed the name “Derpy” but didn’t give her a new name—and the comics, the trading card game, and the Gameloft mobile game all featured Derpy without naming her. There were a few merch-related cases where Hasbro tried to insist that Ditzy Doo was officially her name (the wiki mentions a Hot Topic hoodie and a conversation between Hasbro and a Gaia Online artist) but those were definitely a minority.

Hasbro’s current policy, as far as I can tell, is that a lot of employees internally refer to her as Derpy, but official sources avoid mentioning her name as much as possible—and if they have to use a name, then she’s “Muffins”.

Ironically, the “Ditzy Doo” fanon name was the real casualty of Derpygate. Since “Derpy” was now connected to the character in an episode of the show—even if it was edited shortly after, since so many fans insist the original is the “real” version—which is more than we could say for Ditzy Doo. If Hasbro had really committed to Ditzy and outright mentioned the name in a later episode, it could have survived—like Sweetie Drops caught on as an alternative to Bon Bon, following “Slice of Life”. But Hasbro was wishy-washy and evasive about the issue, so Derpy gained more fans while Ditzy faded away.

So, agreed with @mav that “Ditzy Doo” should just be an alias for “Derpy Hooves”, and with @EPPony that there should be a “Ditzy Doo (Fallout Equestria)” tag for her FO:E counterpart.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
@Frustration in Excelsis
Would be useful to have a generic term so it could be used for RPG classes, societeal hierarchies, cliques etc.

I think I know what you mean, but I’m not entirely sure; I don’t suppose you could provide a few examples? I proposed “army roster” (or “troop list” or something along those lines, working title and all that) because that’s the context I’ve always seen this sort of things in; a list of the types of units in an army. I can certainly see how more or less the same setup could be used for other things – like monster species, for example, or RPG classes as you said – but even then I’m on the fence over the degree of lumping versus splitting these sort of things would warrant.

@radpanic  
So, agreed with @mav that “Ditzy Doo” should just be an alias for “Derpy Hooves”, and with @EPPony that there should be a “Ditzy Doo (Fallout Equestria)” tag for her FO:E counterpart.

Sounds good to me.
Background Pony #C9EB
Deviantart watermark is implying obtrusive watermark again. Was that intentional? I thought those two were made to be separate purposefully when the watermark tags were redone awhile ago.
Deserter
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

This cykas my blyats
@Frustration in Excelsis  
But like I said, Ditzy is another character entirely.  
full  
Rainbow Dash mentions “Ditzy Doo sent the birds from the South to the North” or something like that in Winter Wrap Up, so it’d safe to assume they got the same pegasus to fix it, no?
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -

Worldbuilding Addict
so it’d safe to assume they got the same pegasus to fix it, no?

… honestly, I’m not so sure. Ditzy apparently had a history of botching the job – she went west the previous year, for instance – so it could also be that the weather team decided that, well, it might be better to send someone who doesn’t have a poor track record at fetching the birds. If you consistently do a bad job at something, people generally become less likely to trust you to do it.

In any case, we’re already using flutter doo for the purple-haired Derpy recolor. Not sure where that name came from, but if nothing else it’s the one being used right now.
radpanic
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

never big enough
@Deserter

The dialogue is a little more open to interpretation:  
Rainbowshine: Ditzy Doo accidentally went north to get the southern birds!
Rainbow Dash: Oh that featherbrain. Didn’t she learn her lesson last year when she went west?

So maybe they realized the mistake because Ditzy got back, then they sent Ditzy back out to fix her own mistake. (Third time’s the charm, right?) Or maybe they realized the mistake before Ditzy returned and sent somepony else south to get the birds. So that purple pony with the birds could be Ditzy or somepony else entirely.
Frustration in Excelsis
Artist -

Worldbuilding Addict
@Background Pony #A8E1  
abyssinian is a tag referring to the species of bipedal cats of which Capper is the most notable member. Other canon examples would include chummer, the abyssinian king and the abyssinian queen.

To answer your question: it is a species tag, but it’s not exactly a species tag to be used for every anthropomorphic cat on the site – strictly speaking, it refers to either canonical members of that species or to characters that are either openly stated to be abyssinians or can be reasonably assumed to be such. Given that the artist of the first picture you posted explicitly said their character was created before Capper was revealed, I would say no for that one.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide