General Tag Discussion

Shayzorr
Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Emerald -
Economist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

@Litrojia  
In my opinion, an image still gets the solo tag if there are only unnamed animals with the focus character. Even if the focus character is interacting with the creature(s). Monsters and named animals are important enough to count as characters.

For the purposes of solo tag, I would also discount named characters that are not actually present with the focus character, such as those depicted in paintings, photographs or in-world plushies.
Vengir
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The tag “the other side” includes a ton of images related to a future EG special, because many people thought it was going to be its title (and it just turned out to be something else). What should we tag that special as, now?
Yoshimon1
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
Is there a tag for that NMM head symbol ornament thing? I could have sworn there was one, but I can’t seem to find it.  
on the balloons, on the cauldron and with santa hat and red nose on the Halloweenmas wreath.
Background Pony #C9EB
At some point something should be done about the massive cross contamination between underwear and swimsuits. It’s not exactly a critical issue that needs to be addressed at once, but we have over 1000 mistagged images at present and climbing. Some of it looks like people couldn’t decided if what the character was wearing was underwear of a swimsuit, and the rest of it is people mistakenly using underwear tags on images of swimsuits.

What surprises me is that it’s not as much the misuse of the thong tag on a thong swimsuit as you might assume.
NightStalker
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

In the little box thingy that has tag suggestions when you’re making a new image (“Main”, “Shorthand A”, “B”, etc…) can we squeeze in “Equestria Girls” somewhere? Not only is it a tag that is forgotten quite often (Making my blacklist not work), but I think it deserves to be in the “Main” tab of that window, considering it’s a debatably major tag. It’s the title of the one, biggest, major spinoff of the show, yet everybody seems to forget it.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
Is there really a benefit to having whistle necklace separate from whistle

“Whistle Necklace” isn’t really a thing that people say, at least in the US. Whistles almost always have a loop for a neck strap. IMO the terms are redundant.
ZONESS
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

@cheezedoodle  
I wouldn’t have thought so, but after subtracting whistle necklace from a search for whistle, yes it does look like nearly all uses of whistle on this site refer to a whistle on a string/lanyard. Knowing that, it does seem a little pointless to have both tags.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@NightStalker  
Of the major tags that everyone really should know, the EQG tag is the one I most often see missed, so it definitely deserves to be there. That being said, I doubt it would help much since “image macro” is listed as “often forgotten” and people still miss that one all the time.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide