Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

General Tag Discussion

cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
Ok, putting this forward for discussion.  
(S7 upcoming episode spoilers)  
The upcoming episode Campfire Tales (and possibly some others) will be featuring appearances of a lot of characters from the Legends of Magic comic series. Meaning, these characters will be spoilers for both their particular comic issue and the episode.

I believe we should have these characters imply spoilers for both their episode and their comic for the time being, as at least a few people now have been stripping the comic spoiler tags off the episode screencaps for some reason.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@cheezedoodle  
Well, I don’t think there should be comic spoiler tags on them. And making them imply both would also spoiler the concept. So… Not really sure what to do on that situation.
Mad Black
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Zeb  
@cheezedoodle
Well, I don’t think there should be comic spoiler tags on them. And making them imply both would also spoiler the concept. So… Not really sure what to do on that situation.

Show gets episode spoilers, Comic gets comic spoiler, and general fanart gets both?
Zeb
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Tag-Bot
@Barhandar  
I honestly have no idea.  
I’m not even sure how to describe it without an extremely long tag. Or if where’s any terms that could be used to describe it simply.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
Sleep tight is apparently a character tag, but is being used for those “post ‘sleep tight’ itt” type images. Before I remove it from those images, should it have a replacement?
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@Zeb  
What do you mean by “spoiler the concept”

This is the first time that spoilers for the show and comics have coincided. I just think that implying both would be the most reliable and least headache-inducing.

@Mad Black  
Yeah nobody’s going to put comic spoiler tags on artist images manually. If anything, people are going to remove them, like is already happening for the episode screencaps.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

@cheezedoodle  
Isn’t it kind of the point with the character crossovers that the show is telling different stories with them than the comics are telling? The comics so far are specifically about things that happened before or after the events that made the characters legendary, and presumably the episodes will be about the legends; there doesn’t seem to be a lot of point to using implications to double up on the spoiler tags if what happens in one doesn’t actually contain any spoilers for the other.
Yoshimon1
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@TexasUberAlles  
Another thing to think about: Users concerned about comic spoilers know to avoid pictures with comic tags. Episodes aren’t linked to the comics (well, until now) and it’s safe to unspoiler and look at episode pictures after the episode aired.

Imagine you spoilered some comic tags because you have to catch up on the last few comics or whatever. But you just watched the new episode and want to look at pictures, so you unspoiler the episode tag. For some reason, though, half the gallery still is spoilered for you. You check what’s up and notice all those pictures have the comic spoiler tag.

Suddenly, the presence of the comic spoiler tag itself became a spoiler! You watched the episode with some interesting new characters, how they look, who they are and what they did in the episode isn’t a spoiler for you anymore, but maybe you didn’t know yet that they appear in the comics. Well, now you know, even though you didn’t want to know before reading the comics!  
Without the implied comic spoilers, seeing the characters again in the comics when you finally catch up would have been a cool surprise. That’s ruined now…

The same obviously applies the other way round with episode spoiler tags on comic pictures, too.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
If a one-shot character from the series appears in a comic, that comic wouldn’t be tagged with spoilers for the episode that character is from. The comics and the episodes are separate domains. Tagging one with spoilers for the other is unnecessary, and as @Yoshimon1 points out, could even be counter-productive.
Vinyl Fluff
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

What the Fluff?
Question about a rating.

This image >>1491475 clearly has a sheath depicted on the main statue. It was tagged Safe, but I bumped it up to Questionable as I don’t remember if a sheath alone is considered Explicit. I want to say it is, but wanted to verify first.
Vinyl Fluff
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

What the Fluff?
@Zeb  
@Vinyl Fluff
From the description of the Questionable tag:
→Penis sheaths (i.e. skin for the penis to slide out of such as on a dog or horse)
So Questionable is fine.

Alright, thanks.

I looked in the wrong spot when looking at rating guidelines, and missed that.
saby
Magical Inkwell - Untitled ancient Pegasopolis vignette
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations

Anti Fun Officer
@ice1517  
Looks like a tag used to whine and moan when someone feels like character humanizations conflict with their personal headcanon too much. That headcanon, for whatever reason, seems to be that most characters be white (one or two may be ambiguously brown), cisgendered, not disabled, secular and western in cultural expression, and conventionally attractive.
Zeb
Economist -

Tag-Bot
@ice1517  
Eh… Only on 3 images. And yeah, Doesn’t seem to be needed unless an image is directly referencing such a thing.  
You can remove it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide