General Tag Discussion

TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Yeah, the site used to have a lot more of the kind of WELL ACKCHUALLY THAT’S NOT CANON creeps who considered any character who wasn’t in the cartoon itself to be OCs, including those in the mobile games and (especially) from the IDW comics.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@LightningBolt
As far as I can tell there is no G4 pony that shares any of those names, so having (g4) should be good enough disambiguation.
What keeps it better organized is using the suffix 99% of paranthesized character tags share. Keeping things consistent is the best way to allow people to find character tags easier, I feel. (Using Generation also makes it much easier to type)
Toastypk
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
Ooh cool, so I’ll at least add ponyscopes to the images of each of the twelve. (thirteen?)
Should they be officially changed then to libra (g4), aquarius (g4), and the like then? And character tags on them?
Toastypk

Royal Advisor
@Markiz93
Don’t think there’s a word for that. I searched tags but didn’t find anything obvious.
It could easily be just as simple and fun as getting sucked into a book too.
Toastypk

Royal Advisor
Aquarius (g4) is all sorted out! Ready to be a character tag. Removed all the OC tags from the ponyscope, too.
There is one confusing issue though, to sort out.
Some of those classic madmax comics have Aquarius in there too, but listed as oc:aquarius (madmax). I don’t think they’re needing of an OC tag though since I think it’s just supposed to be the same pony.
Toastypk

Royal Advisor
Well anyway, pisces (g4) is all done and sorted!
There is one odd thing with images of her though.
There seem to be tags where someone named her fish. lennon and mccartney.
I mean, missed opportunity to reference the Pink Floyd lyrics “Two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl”… but do we really need to name the fish?
EDIT: And for what it’s worth, all twelve of them have at least one submission now with the sign name (g4) thing, so they can all be character tags now.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Toastypk
Maybe that really is their names, did you ask the fish yourself?
I mean I’d call them Alex and Jack or Pete and Patrick personally, but what do I know.
For real tho I have no idea where those names came from.
Background Pony #7C7A
added the sign to their implications
Should their character tags also imply ponified and zodiac? Or should zodiac only be tagged on images depicting all signs at once?
Dragonpone
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Badge Dragon
@Dragonpone
Should their character tags also imply ponified
Maybe? Honestly I’m not fond of adding the ponified implication for stuff like this, in part because it’s a long-term goal of mine to be able to properly split ponified into non-pony becoming a pony and non-pony thing made pony related.
Or should zodiac only be tagged on images depicting all signs at once?
That’s probably a better use for it. Ponyscopes already acts as an umbrella tag for the individual characters.
Dragonpone
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Badge Dragon
@LightningBolt
My ideal scenario would be to fine-tune ponified so that it only applies to a non-pony turning into a pony, same as all the other “-ified” tags.
So >>3355597 is ponified (Human to Pony), and Rule 85 (Or whatever we wanna call the tag)
>>3195941 would not be ponified (Human to Kirin - not a pony), but would be Rule 85
>>2106560 would be ponified (Siren/Human to Pony), but would not be Rule 85 (Already MLP related)
I mean I’ve already got 5 other tag projects going so I’m not suggesting it now, but it’d be nice to have eventually.
Background Pony #7C7A
@Dragonpone
So if I understand correctly, you want to avoid this implication in case someone draws them as kirins/gryphons/etc.?
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Dragonpone
I mean no offense, but I have never seen anyone say rule 85 before, and I’d be a bit annoyed at not having the ponified tag on some images as it’s such an established name.
I do agree it needs work, but maybe not in trying to bring light to a tag few people have heard of.
Dragonpone
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Badge Dragon
@Background Pony #7C7A
Pretty much. As unlikely as it is, I don’t like to make any more that the barest assumptions (e.g. Generation) for character tags.
@LightningBolt
I don’t really care what it’s called, I’d just like ponified to be consistent with all the other tags of its kind, and for there to be a way to access each meaning without overlap, which is impossible as it currently stands.
Given ponified is currently used as a combination of both meanings, searching/watching/filtering both tags at once carries the same use, with the added benefit of actually allowing those who just want one meaning or the other the option.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide