Automotive enthusiasts?

CalypsoFantasy
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Pre-1932 US car fan
Few things get me really mad, but when Zotye announces they want to sell their T600 in the US, that really razzled my dazzles.

full

Where to start? First off, this is a brand that literally no one has ever heard of. It’s not even an established brand in the export market, like Geely or Chery.  
Second, they have the gall to call this a ‘unique and individual design’. Are you fucking kidding me? This is a straight-off carbon copy of the old Volkswagen Touareg. Would it have killed you to do a little research before securing a licensing deal? How long until VW orders a C&D of Zotye sales in the US? A month? A week?  
In China, the judges usually just side with Chinese companies for patriotism, but this is America.  
VW has very good lawyers and will be successful in their claim for intellectual property. I can see it already: jokes like “I was driving a Yugo when I suddenly had the urge to hide myself - a Zotye overtook me” will be in everyone’s mouth within months.  
Third: the car itself. It is not only a copy of a VW, but a copy of a ten-year-old VW with some purdy old Japanese engine under the hood. Who in their right mind would buy a potpourri like that?

There are so many established Chinese car brands that I want to see succeed on the US market - Geely, Chery, SAIC, Baojun - and they choose this. Why???
CalypsoFantasy

Pre-1932 US car fan
@RD4590  
It’s just…ugh, how stupid do you have to be to think it’s a good idea selling these in America?  
(And I actually am from, and live in, Germany.)  
The Brilliances we got here over ten years ago were crap deathtraps, but at least they were original.
CalypsoFantasy

Pre-1932 US car fan
@RD4590  
I think my main pet peeve here is that they actually stole the car without licensing at. It’s a big difference if it’s a blatantly stolen car like the T600 or a rebadge built in cooperation with the original manufacturer (like the JAC Refine, Baojun Lechi or the Soueast Delica)
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@kleptomage  
It’s because the Chinese have never really been able to build anything mechanical without copying something from West first it seems. Is it really that hard to design an original car?
CalypsoFantasy

Pre-1932 US car fan
Great Wall is not one of those Chinese manufacturers I want to see succeed…

Their Pao looks suspiciously like an old Toyota Tundra:

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide