Dragon Ball Thread

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
I decided to go back and reread all the Dragon Ball mangas, it’s been quite a long time since I have and I figured it would be fun to look back on the series just to see how far along it’s come.  
And to start things off I’ve always had this idea for a what-if story:  
What Would Dragon Ball Be Like Without Goku?  
Given how much Goku is involved in the series I kinda wonder what the story would be like if he either never existed or never went to earth.  
(And keep in mind there will most likely be SPOILERS)

1. Grandpa Gohan would have never been crushed by Goku when he is a Great Ape, so most likely he would still be alive. Hard to say if he would be willing to part with the Four-Star ball or if he ends up helping Bulma at all.  
  2. Oolong most likely would not change since Goku wasn’t there to stop him, and would probably not join Bulma on her adventure.  
  3. Yamcha would still be a desert bandit and because of his fear of girls he might not have got involved with her.  
  4. The Ox King would still be a ruthless barbarian and Chi Chi would not have gotten engaged.  
  5. Since Pilaf was also looking for the Dragon Balls, he might have gotten his hands on them and gotten his wish that is unless someone else ended up getting in his way.  
  6. Since Krillin went seeking Master Roshi himself for training nothing much would have changed for him.  
  7. The Red Ribbon Army would still exist and most likely have collected the Dragon Balls to get their wish with probably no interferences.  
  8. King Piccolo was only brought back because Pilaf needed someone powerful enough to defeat Goku so unless someone else was to get in his way only then would Piccolo be released in which case the events would still be the same with him gathering the Dragon Balls, wishing back his youth and then taking over the world; and unless Master Roshi attempts to seal him away again there would be no one to stop him.  
  9. Since the only reason Raditz went to Earth was to find his baby brother, odds are no one part of the Frieza force would go there for any reason (especially since Frieza said it was a backwater planet after all).  
  10. Supreme Kai would have still tried to stop Babidi from resurrecting Majin Buu, just would have likely not found any strong fighters to help him fight back.

If anyone has their own ideas they want to throw out I’d be curious to know
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
It’s pretty easy to make fun of what a joke Yamcha has pretty much become in the series, but for what it’s worth he does have his moments and I do at least feel sorry for him for how hard he works just to not really achieve much.  
Also I read the short manga story “That Time I Was Reincarnated as Yamcha” and all I gotta say is that it’s really well done; it does kinka suck to get reincarnated as him but on the one side there are some actual benefits to becoming Yamcha so it’s not all bad, plus the guy does actually make good use of the situation by training as hard as Goku and even going to some extreme measures like traveling all the way to Namek just to get Super Kami Guru to unleash his hidden power. It’s nice to know he didn’t just except defeat, but more importantly he actually let Vegeta live because he saw value in just how far his character came in the following series and I thought that was a really great moment; personally I feel more sorry or the guy who got reincarnated as Chiaotzu who I think is actually objectively worse then Yamcha.

@Ranch  
Yeah I suppose that’s true, Goku is pretty much Toriyama’s star pupil.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
I wonder why Launch never came back into the series after DB was over, she’s not a fantastic character but she was with the gang for so long seems odd to just remove her for no reason. Did Toriyama just run out of stuff to do with her? They kept Oolong and Puar and they don’t do jack anymore, that including their transforming which if you never watched Dragon Ball you’d never guess they even had that ability.  
(Also side note how come Launch is able to ride Nimbus? Is it because she was her good half at the time cause with her bad half she isn’t really pure of heart.)
TheDog
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Howdy 4 All
@Dustcan

And by the time he remembered her, Super Saiyans were a thing, so bringing back a woman whose gimmick was her hair going blonde by sneezing didn’t work any more.

Of course, considering how any Saiyan can now go Super Saiyan after about 5 or so minutes of knowing it existence then that wouldn’t be so ridiculous.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
So a few interesting things worth noting about the 21th World Tournament:

Krillin defeating Bacterian because he doesn’t have a nose is funny on it’s own but I’m wondering if Toriyama wrote that as part of Krillin’s character (him being born without a nose) or if he got fan letters pointing out how Krillin has no nose and then he decided to write a joke around it.

Goku being able to grow his tail back was always something that bothered me, I get that his tail is apart of his character so it makes sense for him to have it but him just growing it back always felt off especially since later on in the series it would just permanently never grow back. You also have to take into account the fact that this also never seems to happen for the other characters like Vegeta, Trunks or Goten so either it does grow back or doesn’t one or the other.

There’s something to be said about just how powerful Roshi is if he is capable of destroying the moon with a Kamehameha wave, though I suppose power in energy beams has been shown to be a greater power outside of just muscle strength.  
On a side note I like to think that he also ended up killing Monster Carrot who was still trapped on the moon.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Dr_Osaka

Gohan regrew his tail once, and Goten and Trunks were never born with one to begin with, but maybe Saiyan children have the ability to regrow their tails while they’re still young since they might be more liable to lose it at those ages.

@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ

Yes Krillin is the strongest human on Earth so of course he’s a badass, on top of that he’s married to a hot blonde chick that kicked Vegeta’s ass
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Dr_Osaka  
You know what? In ‘World’s Strongest’, Roshi sparred briefly three on one against guys who later gave Goku a run for his money. And has never really fought since, or really been defeated (he got a chocolate beam from Buu, but everyone’s vulnerable to that).

I think his combat prowess has stayed relatively consistent. He’s just smart enough to realize that he’s second fiddle to Goku before the others did. I mean he’s weaker than the Saiyans, Piccolo and Krillin, and superior to Tien and Yamcha. And… yeah, I can’t see anything that surprising about that thinking about it.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
Oh for sure, people like to treat him like a joke but he has plenty of great moments and yes he scored #18 which is badass in it of itself.

@Philweasel  
For what it’s worth Roshi can actually be pretty cool and rereading the Jackie Chun matches he certainly has proven to be a great fighter even in his old age. Don’t really care or his pervy personality but when he first used the Kamehameha it was such an awesome moment, and he did also make for a good mentor to Goku and Krillin which was nice.  
I suppose that is why they brought him back for the Tournament of Power, though him tripping up Jiren is ridiculous.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@TheSoul70  
Cabba is a giant wet blanket. He’s afraid of his own shadow. That doesn’t make him weak.

I mean sure Caulifla isn’t scared of Goku. She can totally kick that old man’s ass with one hand tied behind her back!

…the fact that Cabba has a slightly more realistic assessment of his own placement in the pecking order isn’t a negative trait exactly.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Reading the Muscle Tower chapters of the Red Ribbon Army is kinda reminding a lot of Babidi’s spaceship battles (ironic since this came first).  
I will say that the battles here are a bit longer lasting, especially when comparing Buyon to Yakon.  
Also I would have loved to have seen more of Major Metallitron (or Full Metal Jacket) cause of what a badass he was, heck even if they referred to him as one of Dr. Gero’s creations would have been cool; speaking of which it’s cool we get to see what is possibly the earliest Android in the series even if he doesn’t actually fight or anything it’s cool the concept would continue forward later on and even repeat the events with #8 into #16.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
I gotta say Toriyama must really be a fan of Alien because he sure seems to use the Xenomorph design a lot in his characters  
full  
full  
full  
full
Dirty Bit
Thread Starter - Hazbin Hotel Thread [Possible NSFW/Dark]
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

That's him, officer
@Thanotos Omega

No, that’s the thing: I wanna say it’s stupid, especially since it’s going for the bishonen final form and such, and yet somehow, it seems okay at the same time.

It’s a conundrum.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide