Cartoon/Western Animation General

Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Beau Skunky  
It was apparently incredibly stressful in the work environment. He only recently began associating fond memories with Chowder. Still hasn’t with Harvey.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Vivace  
I guess that explains why both shows didn’t last long.

I remember one problem was CN kept editing out the puppet credits bits out of Chowder, because they basically started getting rid of ending credits, and overlayed commercials over them.

Which I didn’t like, because I actually miss cartoons having credits sequences, especially ones with a nice ending themesong, screenshots from key episodes, or an ending joke sequence, or something.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Holy crap, an official episode title listing has leaked for Book Three of The Dragon Prince!

1. Sol Regem  
2. The Crown  
3. Ghost  
4. The Midnight Desert  
5. Heroes and Masterminds  
6. Thunderfall  
7. Hearts of Cinder  
8. Dragonguard  
9. The Final Battle

I doubt the last episode will really be the final battle, though; we’re still supposed to have four more seasons.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@CatsTuxedo  
@Red-Supernova  
It does come off as more biased then Simpsons’ usual political fair. Usually, they’re very good at making fun of both sides, or every kind of person, Reps & Dems, or just politics in general, (without coming off as too biased usually) but this fails on both, and then some.  
It didn’t even give any of the can-can dancing Democrats any funny caricatures, making most of them look better then they do IRL, (and went with a very cliché caricature for Trump) and the fact it glorifies the so-called “Squad,” (that includes several controversial women, including one whom believes the world will end in 12 years) is… I dunno.  
Overall, it comes off as a very shallow parody, and rather one-sided.

The official Youtube video of “West Wing Story” even has tons more thumbs downs, then up, and practically everyone in the comments, and people on both sides agree it’s cringy, and comes off rather propogandistic, rather then just political satire. Even the way Trump gets tired, and faints in the end makes it look like the Simpsons want him to die. (With his red tie even kinda looking like a pool of blood. Kinda in bad taste.) So there’s not even any subtly with it’s messages.  
I’d feel the same way if it was something about Obama, or something.

When a parody of Trump can’t even amuse most left-wing people, then you know you screwed up.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Vivace  
The Simpsons one “West Wing Story” is way worse basically, and that wasn’t even a full episode.

In fact, ironically, Simpsons’ anti-gun episode was less preachy, and at one point at least showed responsible gun-owners do exist, (and even they chastised Homer for his reckless use of a firearm) so it was less biased in general.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Political humor is a very alien topic to me since I don’t want to get my life involved with politics in any sort of way, even going as far as to refuse to say our current president’s name because even mentioning him is a dank meme. But it feels like with how our society is, politics has to be a non-optional interest with everybody these days, even down to mentioning……ugh….Trump’s name.  
I think I’m starting to understand what you’re trying to say about this clip being bad, considering how much of an easy target Trump is these days. Still, it doesn’t affect how I see the Simpsons as a whole these days compared to the majority of the internet.

@Beau Skunky  
I remember that episode. Fun times.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
The Simpsons like South Park were never that good on social commentary anyway compared to King of the hill

The Simpsoms simply mocked the sides that they disagreed with while South Park was extremely self indulgent in humiliating sides they didn’t like
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Broken Adam  
Both shows had their good, and bad topical humor overall.  
“King of the Hill” wasn’t always perfect either, but it never came off as quite as mean-spirited, or anything like most animated sitcoms.

Surprised you didn’t mention “Family Guy,” which gets very mean-spirited when it comes to social, political, or topical humor/commentary. Basically, just boils down to strawmanning, stereotyping, and such, it’s much worse then South Park, and Simpsons.  
Ironically, “American Dad” was meant to be more political, (and was made, because Seth Macfarlane was angry about Bush getting relected) but oddly it’s usually less biased then FG is.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Family Guy can make a clever joke on rare occasions but it is without a doubt the weakest of the popular mainstream adult cartoons.  
Now I wish I watched more of American Dad.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Red-Supernova  
The biggest problem with Family Guy is the creator’s design philosophy. As he stated, Family Guy is about “inserting as many jokes as possible”, which is a really flawed way of story-telling.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Beau Skunky  
I never saw Anyone actually being influenced by Family Guy’s “Social commentary”, mainly because nobody took those seriously as the Show never took itself seriously

Meanwhile South Park influenced Millions of Americans to think Climate Change is a joke and that those parents killed their missing daughter(the killer was found which makes South Park look like pieces of shit for that episode)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide