Cartoon/Western Animation General

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@PonyPon  
Can’t be worse than fartbending, which the comics made canon.

Also, surprised nobody had a reaction to my last post, which is still filling me with dread.  
Oh god, I just had a thought.
So Bryke are saying that the Avatar reboot is going to have the same premise as the original show, but not the same episode plotlines, and that it’s going to use some unexplored ideas from the original show in this reboot, right?
What if… what if they go with the original plan of making Toph a boy?
full
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@PonyPon  
Well, they did say that they’re going to follow through with ideas they had but never pursued.

And, well, Toph being a smol blind girl was an Aaron Ehasz idea, not a Bryke idea, so it’s very likely.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Thanotos Omega  
Ah.

@TheSupremePatriarch  
You’d be surprised. Adaptations can really screw things up. (See also: The Last Airbender movie.)

Keep in mind that Toph being a blind girl was Aaron Ehasz’s idea, an idea he pushed on Bryke, as they had originally wanted to make her a buff boy. So now that they’re free of his reign… I mean, it would definitely ruin my favorite character, but it’s also something I could see them doing.
TheSupremePatriarch
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@TheHappySpaceman  
About the Toph thing. The art book has Byran literally state he and Aaron had quite a fight over her. Something Aaron of course won in the end. Bryan then went on to say he can’t imagine her as anything different now.

The only thing of Bryan’s that was left over went to the Ember Island player’s design instead.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Bryan then went on to say he can’t imagine her as anything different now.

Really? I remember reading about the rest of that story, but not the final outcome.

Well then. I guess I learn something new every day. Still scared about the new show, though.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@TheSupremePatriarch  
The movie is pretty easy to ignore for me at least, since the characters don’t even have the same names. The comics, though… eugh. It’s hard to watch the part of the finale where Zuko asks where his mother is without connecting it back to the comics.

Also, I lowkey hope Tokka becomes a thing in the new show.
TheSupremePatriarch
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Vivace  
I had to look up that first one. I mean sure, but noone’s gonna care unless it’s a main…or a girl.

@TheHappySpaceman  
Yeah, at least with the movie you could say Bryke had nothing to do with that, but the comics? They were co-writers to that shit.

@Broken Adam  
He doesn’t have much a character to retcon. It just reveals he was a dick to his wife too. Now Ursa, she’s a cunt in that story. It was better when nearly everything about her was a mystery.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide