The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
I wish my culture was “degred” in way Mexican one is. But no, its never really refenced or shown.

@Whatevs  
There is some response from actual Mexicans calling her out on this complains.

@Turkeynomster  
Whining on twitter is hardly something what should be used as mesure game developer worth for game development.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Derpy Whooves  
Aight aight

But I’ll like to add for some reason, somewhat early on in the Gamergate campaign, they started exposing several conspiracy theories(other than the one that was the center of the whole campaign) such as cultural Marxism for no apparent reason other than to look for something to blame for the defense of the Zoey Quinn scandal(which I still have doubts that it even happened)
Background Pony #EBB2
@Derpy Whooves  
Anything seems to be about GamerGate here :I

What dose discussions about Communism and Marxism have to do with game journalists being jerks?
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Commune  
I think there’s enough in the thread to prove it, but ideologues usually just plug their ears to it. So I’m not going to bother because you’re just make some bullshit excuse and spout “Spook”
Commune
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@Cyborg_pony  
I’m seriously trying to find proof of your claims  
I tried KotakuInAction but they have shown that they know nothing about the Frankfurt School and they just say gaming journalists are cultural Marxists off nothing  
Seriously I’m curious
Cyborg_pony

@Commune  
They attack people over the politics in their games, and you find “Nothing”.

These people fallow Marx to a tee, and if they didn’t then you’re a fault for constantly bringing up communism in this thread therefore breaking site rules of irrelevant posts and spam.
Commune

🚙
@Cyborg_pony  
Nazis also attack people over their politics in games  
That literally means nothing

They could be run of the mill liberals for all I know

And how the fuck do they follow Marx to a tee ? I thought GGers were the ones who said that “actually Cultural Marxism is different from Marxism”  
Do you people have any consistency ?  
I even seen the words “cultural Marxist” and “postmodernist” used interchangeably ! Marxism is different from postmodernism ! These two movements are entirely separate !

Do you guys literally do not have enough ammo to target gaming journalists that you guys have to make up terms out of thin air just to insult them ?  
And oh I didn’t bring this up  
KotakuInAction and virtually every pro-GG site has brought up this cultural Marxist bullshit conspiracy theory so they can make their opponents look even worse  
Is Gamergate so flimsy that it has to resort to this ?

Oh yeah

Sorry for breaking the circlejerk
Commune

🚙
@Cyborg_pony  
That still doesn’t mean that those journalists are cultural Marxists  
They could be liberals, progressives, [insert centre left ideology here]

Literally, from all that I can see, there is nothing to suggest these people read anything outside of magazines in clinics, let alone complicated literature based on years of theory by scholars
Cyborg_pony

@Commune  
Come to think of it, you never explained why Sargon’s right-wing.

How is it you can label people right-wingers, but others can’t called regressive leftists Marxists.
Cyborg_pony

@Commune  
And you’re not allowed to support people outside a stupid political spectrum when “your side” is full of terrible people.

That’s it right there. You’re own bias. It’s Same as the others.

They can never see anyone outside their collective as being anything other then filth.
Turkeynomster

@Cyborg_pony  
You don’t need to call everyone a cultural Marxist just because they are unhinged progressive ideologues that can’t tolerate hypothetical opinions that differ from their own even within fiction. Calling them cunts like Notch did will suffice.

By the way, this was the game that everyone and Zoe is offended by.  
full

This is the kind of stuff that gets mentioned as generation defining art pieces in history books, but no, can’t have nice things while the church calls your views heretical. Give me Depression Quest and Revolution 60, instead.
Background Pony #87FC
Sargon comes off as more “anti-left” than anything. He’s right-wing more by default than choice.
Commune

🚙
@Turkeynomster  
The premise of the game of “they are defined by what they consume instead of what they create” is actually more representative of our current society

But oh well I’ll see what this game is trying to get at

Also everyone is just pissed at the creator for supporting gamergate  
Not the game itself

Also have I mentioned that I actually played depression quest myself ?  
It was boring, more in the video game thread  
Needless to say I quit after 10 minutes and uninstalled it from my computer
Cyborg_pony

@Turkeynomster  
Well I don’t know what else to call them.

I get yelled at no matter what.

Can’t call them feminists: “THEY DON’T REPRESENT FEMINISM!

Can’t call them progressives: “THAT DOESN’T REPRESENT ALL PROGRESSIVES

Can’t call them leftist ideologues: “THEY DON’T REPRESENT THE LEFT!

But once one person does something: “DID YOU SEE WHAT THAT HORRID RIGHT-WING, SEXIST, MRA, MISOGYNISTS, TRUMP SUPPORTER DID!!” Even when it turns out he was among the left, barley a peep.

And I especially can’t call them assholes. “Oh now, you’re just throwing Ad Homs and strawmen.”
Background Pony #5A53
I mean, he supports a lot of right wing candidates for a supposed left winger
  1. Are you aware of the concept of lesser evil?  
  2. Might have something to do with him being more concerned with issues than taking sides.

@Background Pony #FA29  
    Well, he’s said – on more than one occasion – that he’s more critical of the left because he wants “his team” to drop the identity politics nonsense and return to a saner state…

So, if being a left-centrist that wants politics to be sane and issue~~(as opposed to identity~~) driven makes one a right-winger, then yes, he’s a right-winger and so am I.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide