The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Hey guys, did you know that Star Citizen is now completely fucked…for what must be the 57359th time according to pundits. They took out a loan despite having raised more than $150 million in crowdfunding. The collateral is EVERYTHING!

…only that’s not what happened. To quote Keramz:  
30 seconds of research showed:
>That’s the Queens bank. You need at least €1,000,000 in tangible assets to secure a loan, which according to Derek CIG doesn’t have.
>The interest rate of the loan is very low, which is why large financially sound corporations do that (you can get a higher return on investment with their liquid assets while finance at the very low rate from the Queens bank). In simple terms if your rate of return is .5% and your loan rate is .25%, it makes sense to borrow cash instead of using your own.
>Derek and Co. do not understand finance because they have never been professionally or fiscally successful enough to be in a position where their assets are used as investment.
>AKA, CIG most likely isn’t sitting on 50 million dollars worth of cash; they have an operating cost and unused founds are used as investment and generate income.
But what do I know. I just googled financial investment and used common sense. I can’t be right on this.
Yet according to all the pundits online (and Something Awful), it’s another nail in the coffin. Worse is seeing this from the “ethics and journalism” crowd. Hell, even that crazy (autogynophiliac) is putting the kibosh on this shitty journalism from people who claim to know better.

Things like this are why mine and Whatev’s mutual friend call GGers nGGers

TL;DR GamerGate’s chosen sons continue to suck at the “ethics and integrity in games journalism” thing, and the Star Citizen loan situation in a nutshell:  
full

To think, me and my friends in #RetakeMassEffect are held responsible for all this retardation by an influential sex offender because we had the nerve to ask for something Bioware promised us…
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
I sometimes get confused.

Are Gamergaters the one wanting ethics in video game journalism (snort) or are they the ones talking about gender equality in games (urgh)?

I probably get some of them mixed up from time to time.
kassarc16
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Looks like Anita’s going to be doubling down and going for the victim angle on the who “garbage human” thing, as expected.

@Ebalosus  
Wow, none of that has to do with journalism ethics, but you use it to shit on GG. Top notch, man.  
Things like this are why me and Whatev’s mutual friend call GGers nGGers
And I even missed this classy bit. You are a treasure.
kassarc16

@Commune  
No, we’d rather there be no talk of “gender equality” so we can just fucking play games without being harassed and treated like subhuman scum for not biting the “oppression” narrative SocJus cultists try to shove into every damn moist crevice of society where the average drooling moron eats it up by the bucketful.
Turkeynomster

@HJSDGCE  
It’s refering to the Pro-GG crowd rather than the subjects of the controversy. Usually the word “gamergaters” is used with contempt, since anyone who is pro-GG calls themselves just pro-GG rather than a gamergater.
Takashi.0
Since the Beginning  -

Salt Miner.
Things like this are why me and Whatev’s mutual friend call GGers nGGers

Do you honestly expect anyone here to take you seriously after saying that?
Takashi.0
Since the Beginning  -

Salt Miner.
@Cyborg_pony  
Well when you’ve spent (what, almost a decade now?) swindling, lying to, and relying on the defense of some INCREDIBLY gullible idiots who sadly probably still WILL find some moronic way to spin this in her favor despite the insultingly obvious bullshit and hypocrisy in it, it’s easy to see how she’d come to that conclusion.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Takashi.0  
Gotta love at the “cyberbullying” panel she shills CON, which she has funding in and have not helped a single person.

Seriously, are there any people that tried to use CON only to get screwed over, not to mention the harassment they caused with a buddy of theirs.
Cyborg_pony

@MooseMcgillycuddy  
1, Let’s hope they all get that red pill just as much as Laci since now their audience is trying to tear them apart. Except for Dan after the CP incident on 8chan’s GG thread he tried to use as ‘evidence’ as GG being a den of pedophiles. Geez, no wonder he used that goofy puppet.

I also wonder if Lindsey still idolizes Saint Anita after her harassing an audience member.

2, If only NeoGaff would do that same
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Ebalosus
Wow, none of that has to do with journalism ethics, but you use it to shit on GG. Top notch, man.
You were saying?  
Again, I thought GamerGate was supposed to be fighting shitty clickbait unsourced unresearched hot-takes, not indulging in the very same thing their opponents do. All it does is reinforce my view that GG is either a mistake, or should’ve ended years ago.  
And I even missed this classy bit. You are a treasure.
I didn’t say it, a Persian Expat that me and Whatevs know did. I honestly don’t blame him for his hostility, as GG has become the very thing it’s supposed to be fighting against. Instead of magical patriarchy white-power narratives, it’s magical evil scamming crowdsourcing (except the one that silenced my mate) SJW manipulation narratives.

The last one is especially egregious, but I guess because it isn’t Scam Citizen, it’s not worth talking about how Fig silenced my mate with a defamation claim; because hey, a game company taking out a loan is obviously bigger news than another game company silencing legitimate criticism.
Cyborg_pony

@Ebalosus  
I talked about how fig and Schafer was a scam back when everyone was easily ready to part with their money.

A lot of people knew Maker was garbage after they were bought out by Disney.

Also, I’m getting very confused. I can’t tell if you’re defending Star Citizen or not. It sometimes feels like you expect it to have been a con, but then go on tangents like this.

Hell, I forget it exists until you bring it up.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
  1. This is about Fig silencing legitimate criticism that should be bigger news than it is, leading to…

2. My opinions on Star Citizen and whether or not is scam is irrelevant, as me bringing it up here has more to do with it’s coverage in the media. Hell, before the latest controversy, I was going to compare and contrast the coverage Star Citizen gets with the coverage Elite Dangerous gets, using an example of a journalist praising Elite’s developing story and gameplay without ever playing the fucking game.

3. @Commune you and the other’s language comprehension is quite limited, given that you don’t seem to understand what I said; which is “A friend of Whatevs and mine, Shinobi/Prax/Prox (we use all three to refer to him) uses the term ‘nGGer’ when mentioning GG, because of his hostility to what it’s become.” I don’t use slurs when referring to opponents when I want to address them sincerely. My use here is an expression of both my exasperation with what the movement has become, and sympathy with Prox in his hostility towards the movement.

I am nominally slightly critical of the modern movement because of it’s broad aegis and it’s hypocrisy when it comes to certain issues. I’m fine with ‘SJW’ games and themes within other games, but also think such things should be censured or shoehorned in. I’m fine with opinion pieces, even ones I don’t agree with, but don’t want them censured or taken as gospel. I want ethics and integrity in games journalism, but don’t think those are mutually exclusive with what SJWs want either.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Cyborg_pony

Eve Online except a FPS, and the spreadsheets are abstract instead of on display. Pretty good game if you’re an enthusiast of the genre; a boring grindfest if you’re not.

Also, I changed the wording of my original post, as my original patois snuck into what I wrote.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide