The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Commune  
I gave plenty of arguments already, you are one the one who always use others, whatever video, articles or even book when you run out of arguments and cant bother to stand up for your point alone anymore.

@Whatevs  
Everybody know that Communist run on “it’s OK when we do it” logic.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@DeathCloud  
Anita’s critiques also cover video game design because as mentioned the hip sways all do not fit the character they all potray  
An assassin should not walk like a aristocrat  
Subtle movements can convey character

And it also reflects back on society and how we view women. All media is political and can reflect views of our society. And that reflection can reinforce society’s views as well.

It may be a small detail but that doesn’t mean it is something we can ignore

And besides, the overreaction to her videos are a bit fucking massive

@Whatevs  
The problem is that the words “Social Marxist” literally make no fucking sense  
Especially since the people who practice it aren’t even Marxists
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Commune  
Unless character was established before and change is not explained, all characteristics fit character because character is constructed in that way. There is nothing preventing fictional character to act that way and saying it can’t that way because it fit your narrow definiation and expactation what character like that should act will not make it invalid character behavior. Yes sublte movement can convey character and there is nothing wrong with character conveyed.

Also so fucking what, how hip movement is “damaging” or “insluting” for women?  
How parcour as default movement way and murder as means to end woman influence view on entire gender, somehow people don’t see women as murderers who jump on roofs but they see all women as hip swingers because of video game?

It is small detail, there is no reason to overreact or be upset aobut it and funny how you acuse other of over reaction.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@kassarc16  
TIL that I’m a Social Marxist  
Time for stealth jihad

@DeathCloud  
The problem is that the movement of men and women in video games are different. For men it is used to convey character mostly while women’s movements, such as the hip sways and such, often correlate with other aspects like their design. After all, hip sways tend to draw attention to the female’s butt.  
Why do most females in video games look like they are walking down a runway.  
For characters like Bayonetta it is fine as she is self aware of her sexuality and takes pride in it. But for normal people it doesn’t make sense
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Commune  
I don’t really care, its non issue. There is nothign wrong with drawing attention to character sexy part.  
I’m not even that into sexyiness and don’t just bother me.
Background Pony #5A53
Well, if Comrade Pierre Tru-Dank isn’t reliable and unbiased on the subject, I just don’t know who is!  
Be that as it may, that’s still where the term/s comes from, for what it’s worth. You can rail against the usage and shout your No-True-ScotsMarxist until you’re blue in the face, but the apparent conflation of class and immutable characteristics that “Social Justice” is based on it still why the term exists.

@Commune  
The problem uncomfortable (for me) reality is that the movement of men and women in video games are different.
You are aware of the anatomical differences between men and women, right?  
And that men and women walk differently due to said differences, such as hip width and location of center of mass, right?  
And that character animations in video games reflect that reality, with a varying degree of accuracy, right?

Oh, but pffft, I’m just a biotruthing misogynerd shitlord, right…

Why do most females in video games look like they are walking down a runway.
([Citation Needed] on the “most” part.)  
Because character-driven games are – to some extent and varying degree – power fantasies (hey, there’s the one thing FemFreq is actually right about, sort of), and there are more forms of power than raw physical strength, sex appeal being one of them.

Consider, if you can: the movements of many male characters emphasize their shoulders and upper torso to signal strength – the “shoulder sway” is a male sex appeal signifier (Yes, strength is a feature commonly found attractive in men), often exaggerated to a nigh-comical degree.  
As an example off the top of my head, the run animation of my male human Thief in Guild Wars 2 is at least half swagger.  
Betcha won’t see FemFreq anyone whining and moaning about that sort of thing though. ’Cause it’s irrelevant and inconsequential and doesn’t “reinforce harmful stereotypes” or make people sexist, any more or less than the dreaded “hip sway”.

@kassarc16  
IKR?
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Commune  
Because growing number of famale gamers are not enough for profit obsesed publishers to care about to pandering to them if they are not that interested in those games.

If it wasn’t that way they would do more focus to appeal to females too. Or you asume that they all are like Ferengi, capitalists and women hating?
Cyborg_pony
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Takashi.0  
Knowing what will happen, they wont close it yet. As long as most of us keep it on point with bad people in gaming.

Such as, ever since yesterday Anita’s gone dark. No twitter posts or anything when normally she’d be on about something. She knows she’s fucked her own ass. She can’t claim victim status after she broke her own rules and harassed someone from a seat of power. I don’t know about the speaking engagement for today about “Cyberbullying” but I doubt she could sit there and damsel herself after yesterday.

I think her ego finally got the better of her with booting FullMac out and thinking everyone at the panel yesterday would have kissed her ass, when that was far from it. I think Anita destroyed herself better then anyone. No one should or can take a hypocritical fraud like her seriously anymore.

Then when you think of it. CON is associated with FemFreq and we all know they create more harassment then stop, so Quinn will be out of a cash flow, all the people that supported her in the media such as Burch, Druckman and Schafer should be called into question.

This is the beginning of the unraveling of Anita’s web.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide