Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #8FB6
@Background Pony #0101
I don’t have to explain why something else may or may not be cringe for me to be able to unequivocally ascertain that you, in fact, are.
For someone that probably likes to label themselves as a measured centrist you sure seem to have a binary view of things.
Background Pony #15B5
A car just plowed through the Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Reports of multiple injuries and gunfire. Mass casualty incident. Police scanner suggests the suspect drove through police barricade and opened fire. The suspects in Waukesha are described as three black males by witnesses, one has been detained. At least two people have been confirmed dead so far.
@Background Pony #8FB6
Waukesha is an hours drive from Kenosha. The media painted The Rittenhouse case as a racial issue for an entire year. So much so that many people think the people he shot were black.
A day after he’s Aquitted, just an hour from Kenosha, Three Black men stage a terrorist attack on a Christmas parade. This is likely revenge motivated.
16 children have been admitted to the emergency department in Waukesha.
Waukesha mayor and police chief confirm more than 20 injured in the mass casualty incident during the parade. No word on severity of injuries.
Police have a suspect vehicle, and a person of interest.
Chief does not believe gunfire came from the suspect vehicle.
People within 1/2 mile of Waukesha incident just received this message.

This probably means a suspect or suspects are on foot and being pursued by police in the area.
Suspect.

Suspects have been described as black with dreadlocks and/or middle eastern by eye witness accounts.
All resident’s within this area of Waukesha have been advised to seek shelter by police.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
You know, I’ve looked at 5 different news sites and none of them say anything about 3 black men, or really anything about the driver save for a quote from police chief Dan Thompson saying “we have a person of interest that we are looking into”.
Background Pony #8FB6
@Zincy
I would have thought Breitbart, but they’re pissing themselves after hearing Rittenhouse say he supports BLM.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Polling for the midterms are in and they overwhelmingly look good for the GOP. Historically speaking the midterms rarely go well for the party in power, but current polls show a GOP favorability of about +10.
That’s the biggest advantage in like 40 years. Now, we’re still a year out from the midterms, and that’s an eternity in the news cycle, but if Dems want to avoid a complete route come the midterms they needs to light a fire under their ass and start convincing people to vote for them.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Polls have been shakey at best lately. We really need to evaluate how we do mass polling, because something has broken in recent cycles.
2020 was a little better than 2016 in terms of predictiveness, but there were still huge swings, in many cases at the far end (or even outside) their margins.
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

high altitude cloud pone
It’s mostly just the fault of the 2 party system. I want to get my rep kicked out but I feel like the GOP is just the defaulting the Democrat canadate” I think we could have more canadates that reflect our values if the US adopted a ranked choice vote system.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I’ve advocated ranked choice and fracturing the two dominant parties for years.
First past the post voting is the worst kind of democracy, as it leaves a little under 50% of the population effectively disenfranchised.
I also have issues with the electoral college. I get what it’s purpose was, but I feel it has lost a lot of its usefulness. Maybe it doesn’t need to be scraped, but it definitely needs some refinement.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Local polls threw up a lot of red flags for dems in the House and polled a little closer than polls in 2016.
The national polls were still wonky and all over the place.
Jojodidu

🇦🇷
Kast (republican) won the Chilean presidential elections, he goes to the second round with Boric (left).
Republican parties have a lot of support in Argentina and Chile, winning the elections this year.
large
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Hmm, I wonder why Eggonaught has been silent ever since you posted that.
The suspects in Waukesha are described as three black males by witnesses, one has been detained.
Three Black men stage a terrorist attack on a Christmas parade. This is likely revenge motivated.
I’ve read a few articles on the incident, but nowhere did it state that the suspects were black, nor was it motivated by revenge over the Rittenhouse verdict.
Please tell us where you got your information. “My rectum” or “My anus” is not an acceptable answer.
Background Pony #8FB6
Hey, Eggonought, Silbasa, Magpul, Lost Historie, etc., thoughts on this?
Turns out Rittenhouse was BLM all along :^)
Background Pony #1F81
With the Waukesha thing going on, i think its best if people remember this for whenever another “breaking news” thing happens
i know the 4th point doesn’t aply in this case and for the 9th we aren’t on twitter, but still, general guidelines.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
what is with the news repeatedly saying Rosenbaum is 5’3 like its in any way relevant to the case or it’s some sorta gotcha like ill be like “hmm I’ve never considered the manlet defense”
Background Pony #15B5
@YourPalContrail
Funny how that never seemed to be an important fact to all the news media painting him as a white supremacist Nazi. The guy went there to protect businesses owned by minorities and wound up defending himself from 3 white dudes, a felon, Pedo and domestic abuser all burning down businesses in the name of black lives when in fact they were just using it as an excuse to indulge in chaos and act out their violent impulses, like most rioters. Personally I don’t blame him for saying what he needs to say to put this behind him and get the Mob off his back.
It is funny how now that he’s been Aquitted suddenly his side of the story matters in the mad rush to claim him as a fellow traveller.
I’m just happy he’s been vindicated in court and the right to self defence has been upheld.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Word is that Kyle Rittenhouse supports BLM.
I can only imagine how his Far-Right fanboys online feel about that.
It’s like we’re in a Hideo Kojima game or something because that’s the kind of plot twist that shit would fit in.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide