Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@MethidMan
Because of course they did. Corporations rather spend more money preventing employees from being paid fairly than just paying them fairly. Greedy idiots.
Posted Report
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
I have never seen a man more dedicated to destroying his own country than the watermelon seller
Even better is how 30% of the country is still resolutely behind him no matter what
Posted Report
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

I’ve met turks who supported Erdogan. Then again this was like..10 years ago so I don’t know if thise same people still follow him.
…My parents also happen to like Erdogan… sigh
Posted Report
Background Pony #9B05
How about that George Santos guy, huh?
Wow, the New York Democratic Party kind of shit the bed in the midterms.
Posted Report
Background Pony #9B05
Can we demote Wyoming to a territory? Like when scientists demoted Pluto to a dwarf planet?
Posted Report
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Since the state of Tennessee is about to publish the graphic footage of a man being murdered by Memphis police, his family and friends are urging people to see him as he was in life. As such, here is this video of him skating.
Tangential to that news, the cops themselves are anticipating a massive backlash. Heard from Chad Loder on Mastodon that cop shops all over the US are calling all their officers up for overtime.
Posted Report
Hali the Emoji girl
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
There’s this new statue that is on a New York courthouse in homage to Ruth bader ginsberg and her fight for abortion. the video I linked to previously was from a YouTube channel called “little light studios” demonizing it literally and it’s not the only one doing so. I’m not going to be surprised when some crazy fundie tries to destroy it one day.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

If this rekindles the energy of 2020, I’d be surprised and delighted. Though as I said before I won’t hold my breath.
And if I had to guess how the Thin Blue Line fuckheads plan to spin this, chances are they’ll focus on the cops in question being Black.
But the wiser of us know that the race of each individual cop is irrelevant when the issue is the institution of policing itself.
Repeal and replace that shit. It’s been generations past due.
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Watched the video. Straight up murder.
You could argue Floyd was a victim of callous negligence, but this… nobody can argue jack shit. Plain simple deliberate execution.
Posted Report
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
As expected protests are breaking out everywhere, but in Memphis the protests ended peacefully, as the family of Tyre requested.
And yeah there’s no defending this incident.
Posted Report
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

If this rekindles the energy of 2020, I’d be surprised and delighted. Though as I said before I won’t hold my breath.
And if I had to guess how the Thin Blue Line fuckheads plan to spin this, chances are they’ll focus on the cops in question being Black.
But the wiser of us know that the race of each individual cop is irrelevant when the issue is the institution of policing itself.
Repeal and replace that shit. It’s been generations past due.
On the one hand, there’s no clear and obvious racial symbolism for protesters to rally around like there was with George Floyd. A white cop killing a black man by kneeling on his neck? You couldn’t have staged those optics.
But the sheer speed with which the rest of the Memphis PD disavowed everyone involved, and the way they all but begged people not to riot before releasing the video, is incredibly telling. Blacks being held to higher standards probably does play a role, but even that only gets you so far; most of the Memphis PD is black, as far as I know.
There’s no way to make this look like something other than what it is; five muscular guys beating a helpless, restrained civilian to death for no reason. It’s what you’d see in a stereotypical Charles Bronson vigilante action movie to show how Dangerous Criminals Have Taken Over The Neighborhood.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@HeadlessHorselessHorseman
What it brought to my mind, more than George Floyd or Rodney King, was the Rampart scandal of the 1990s.
The LAPD had an elite anti-gang unit called CRASH (Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums). Each precinct had its own CRASH unit, and after a number of incidents in 1997-98, it was discovered that the Rampart Division unit had gone completely off the rails. Violent as hell. Corrupt as hell. Cops with gang ties. It was a whole thing. Over 100 convictions were overturned. The city paid $125 million in settlements. One officer spent two years in federal prison. The affair inspired the TV show The Shield (indeed, the show’s working title was Rampart), and a fictionalized version of CRASH appears in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as the main antagonists.
Now I say all this because the guys who whacked Tyre Nichols, and I think “whacked” is the right term here, were part of a similar unit called SCORPION (Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace In Our Neighborhoods–they love their acronyms). And while they surely aren’t as bad as CRASH, for the simple reason that they’ve only been around since 2021, I suspect we’ll find out that this traffic stop was closer to the rule than the exception. There are already reports that the unit has a history of excessive force complaints. And the Memphis PD’s Facebook page brags about SCORPION making arrests for guns or drugs off traffic stops, which is decidedly easier when you can invent a pretext to pull someone over as they did here.
Any time you take a bunch of cops, dress them up as a crack commando unit, and give them a mandate to stop violent crime by any means necessary, they’re gonna go mad with power almost immediately.
Posted Report
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Background Human
NWA, back in the days (Fuck tha Police got released in 1988), also pretty much spelled out not to expect any kind of racial sympathy: “Black police showin’ out for the white cop”, indeed.
Posted Report
Background Pony #F6E5
@Background Human
Any time you take a bunch of cops, dress them up as a crack commando unit, and give them a mandate to stop violent crime by any means necessary, they’re gonna go mad with power almost immediately.
I honestly wish more was done to reform law enforcement in the US. With how many times we hear cops killing people, including in cases where they injure someone who isn’t a threat, we barely see any changes to prevent further police brutality from transpiring.
That, and we essentially see how militarized the police have become, with them getting military hardware and training, they’ve become more and more aggressive when it comes to policing the streets. And in some cases, they look like an occupying force rather than peace keepers.
Posted Report
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Holy shit.
If it wasn’t already clear enough just how corrupt the police institution is, then this pretty much solidifies it.
Absolutely f##king disgusting.
Posted Report
Violet Rose in The Rain

The first occurred in 1998, when BMI standards shifted a few points. Formerly, one needed a BMI of 27 (for women) or 28 (for men) to be classified as overweight, but the new standard lowered the cutoff to 25 points. Twenty-nine million Americans instantly became overweight without gaining an ounce. Under the new guidelines, doctors could prescribe them diet drugs or recommend weight loss surgery.
A nationwide panic rose; headlines screamed about a new plague of fat people whose bodies were ticking time bombs destined to deliver death and destruction at any moment. Stock footage of fat people ambling about in public, filmed from the neck down to protect their identities (and more effectively dehumanize them), became a common sight on television news as bony broadcasters droned about the horrors of the Obesity Epidemic. Curiously, hardly any of the reports on this sudden increase in overweight/obese Americans bothered to mention the BMI standard shift.
This isn’t relevant to the killing of Tyre Nichols, but this bit came up in an article and - Sheesh.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide