Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@LightningBolt
@Seiken
I feel like that applies much better for violence than hooking up with children. Not everything is equal.
And Fates also had the infamous anti-gay therapy and talks about how to torture people that were cut out. There’s a difference between censorship and realizing that the original wasn’t good and needed to be changed. Or does a remake that takes out tasteless or questionable scenes censorship?
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@LightningBolt
In the context of the universe that they’re in, THEY ARE KIDS. Being fictional characters does NOT suddenly make it ok.
That’s like saying (and I apologize for potentially reigniting old traumatic memories for anime fans) Boku no Pico is ok because the characters involved are fictional. Guess what? IT ISN’T.
Posted Report
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Penguin Dragneel
It is okay tho because they are not real. You don’t have to like it tho, nobody does. I don’t have an opinion on it personally. But it should not be treated as not okay just for that.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@LightningBolt
I feel like having a young adult dating a child even in fiction is less OK than that, and those in Nintendo American agrees with me on this. They have release games with that focus before, so people who need that fix has those games while FE doesn’t need that baggage chained to it.
Posted Report
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Meanlucario
Yes it is censorship, it doesn’t matter if the scene shows something wrong. A lot of morally wrong things are in fiction: theft, threats of violence, people killed in fiction all the time, are drugged, mentally tortured etc. Just because you disapprove of one negative thing personally doesn’t mean it should be removed.
Pokemon X and Y have the villain plan to cause a genocide. In a kids game, where is the outrage? No one cares as it should be, because its a story, its not real.
@Penguin Dragneel
The character itself is a minor, but you can romance a like a 45 aged guy. But they didn’t remove that or any other over 18 romance involving the main character who is a minor. And i am only saying this to make your point mute, because again it doesn’t matter. If you really held such high morals you would have kissed this website goodbye long ago because it contains a lot of explicit material involving minors or are you just pick and choosing when your morals apply to fit current agenda? So you can save your “moral high ground”.
Posted Report
LightningBolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Penguin Dragneel
Where did I say I disagreed with the other one? I’m saying that fiction is fiction and you can feel what you want about it. I don’t have a strong personal opinion about it other than that is is fiction.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Seiken
You seem to not realize that there’s a difference between something being in a media and the media portraying it as a good thing. It’s the difference between a book having underage drinking and promoting underage drinking.
And that is very likely due to Nintendo knowing it’s core audience for FE is closer to 45 than 12.
Posted Report
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Meanlucario
Fiction doesn’t need to portray an action as bad for people to know that, media literacy and all. It’s an exploration of what would not be possible IRL. The writer doesn’t need to add a line saying “genocide is bad” even in a game for kids.
Posted Report
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Meanlucario
And it still wouldn’t matter even if he wasn’t a villain as people can make whatever terrible or immoral thing they want to happen in fiction. It’s really as simple as that.
Posted Report
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Meanlucario
No i just disagree that it matters, a story is just a story. No matter if something bad is portrayed good. IRL Morals have no bearing on stories. And it shows again and again that it doesn’t matter, because its only a couple key elements that some people take offense to. A couple bad things that they raise to the top as the magnus opus even though within the context of fiction, they all the same.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide