Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

SnowyAnon
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

I just want to thank you for putting the alias information in the individual tag json. I had noticed that it wasn’t there a few months ago, made a feature request, but assumed nothing would come of it. I just checked again, and there it is!

I really appreciate it.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Is there any way at all to get rid of the “feature” that auto-selects whatever dropdown suggestion is under the pointer in the fancy tag editor? It is difficult to put into intelligible human speech exactly how much I hate that thing, and I don’t recall ever hearing anyone say they actually liked having it.
Wellwater
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Just a flurry of H₂O
Is there any way at all to get rid of the “feature” that auto-selects whatever dropdown suggestion is under the pointer in the fancy tag editor?

Yeah, this would be very very helpful. Whenever I edit I have to be careful to move the cursor away from the tag first, which sometimes involves moving it more than once as I type more tags.
Background Pony #9AD5
If reports get closed there should at least be a reason added why the staff saw no reason to do anything. If I see something were I think it breaks the rules and a report gets closed without any explanation it makes it seem like you don’t care for your own rules and just do whatever you want and I’m sure that I’m not the only one who would see it like this.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
If reports get closed there should at least be a reason added why the staff saw no reason to do anything. If I see something were I think it breaks the rules and a report gets closed without any explanation it makes it seem like you don’t care for your own rules and just do whatever you want and I’m sure that I’m not the only one who would see it like this.

Second.

If nothing else it lets a guy know what is considered too far or not for future reporting.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@Background Pony #7633  
@Dustcan  
The issue is that a fair number of reports get closed without action because several staff members felt the reported issue wasn’t rule-breaking. So to inform someone each time it happens would add to the general workload.

We do have people pop into the IRC -help or Discord #Support asking why a report was closed at times. So if you’re curious you can use that if you want to ask why. We’re fine explaining why we chose not to take action. It’s just that doing it for every closed report would be a lot more work.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
Also sometimes reports are automatically closed if more than one person reported it - for example if I’m working on a report and resolve it, even if I send a PM to that one person whose report I was working on anyone else who had also reported the same thing gets automatically closed.

So, we’re not always aware which other reports might be out there, and having the system do something like automatically sending the same PM to everyone who reported the same thing might expose confidential information that was only meant for that one reporter.

@Dustcan  
When I close something that appears to have been a misunderstanding, or is something along the lines of “We’re not deleting that because they’re talking about the cartoon character, not the person who posted the image”, I try to respond with a PM

Some of those “We didn’t delete the comment you reported because it doesn’t break any rules” PMs become week long arguments though 9_9 So if my mail box is already full of people arguing the point that the word “horse” is a racial slur and should be deleted where-ever it occurs on the site … I tend to not send too many additional courtesy PMs.

And, as I’m thinking about this, another thing contributing to this is that its not unusual for a decision to be the result of the team talking about something, so there really isn’t always “one person” who made the decision to close a report. A lot of times everyone who’s logged in talks about it and the result is more of a consensus. So the person closing the report might just be the messenger.

But, like Zeb said, staff is just a click away
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Would it be possible to add a “Someone edited the tags on #xxxxxxx” feature to the Notifications? I can’t help but hope that it might prompt some of the serial bad taggers around here to do a better job if they get a notification every time they upload an image with three or four tags and someone has to come behind them and add the dozen or so obvious tags they left off.
Binkyt11
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
@TexasUberAlles  
Honestly that would be useful, but sounds like in execution could run into some issues of quickly clogging up notifications if is devolves into a tagging war. I honestly wouldn’t mind it because the task of checking tags under all of my artwork has become tedious at this point.
Background Pony #63FA
@Background Pony #7633
You reported >>1829821 as underage content. The reason why it was rejected should be self evident.

Not self evident since silverstream is a minor and has a suggestive pose and your rules state clearly suggestive is sexualizing something and sexualizing minors is not allowed
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide