Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I don’t know. He’s exactly like Maud Pie but with sticks. I said this a couple of months ago, but a character like him makes Maud Pie feeling less unique an authentic as a character.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Jaredking203  
Whatever during that time skip between the finale and epilogue, she must’ve done something right for that to happen. Guess counseling others was her true calling after all.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Like season 8, I made a Top 10 and Bottom 5 of season 9. I don’t expect you to agree with me, but just for fun, I’d like to recap some episodes.

Top 10

10. The last crusader

full

The episode isn’t particularly funny (especially in the seond act) and I wish Scootaloo’s parents appeared in previous seasons, but the main conflict of Scootaloo and the ending made this episode works.

9. Uprooted

full

This one also doesn’t have good jokes, and I thought Gallus was a dumb bird, but the overall episode still works and the ending is very nice.

8. Sweet and Smoky

full

One of the few episodes in season 9 that were actually funny, and the episode and lesson here is great. My main complain is that Garble doesn’t look like Smolder’s brother. I wish they did it with a new character that looks like her brother, but it’s a good episode.

7. Common Ground

full

The episode is very good, the characters are great and the moral is fine. I wish the Buckball sequences were a bit shorter, it felt like filler to me.

6. Between Dark and Dawn

full

This one gave Celestia and Luna a more relatable approach and the story is decent. However, the ending of the second act feels odd. Did we need them to make a jab at the other sister just because it’s the ending of the second act? It felt weird, but it was a very good episode.

5. The ending of the end

full

Because, despite all the problems it has, the episode uses these flaws to make a very entertaining episode with pretty much all the characters. I wish Chrysalis’ final match was with Twilight instead of Starlight, but I also think this is where Starlight is at her best. And that’s saying something.

4. The summer sun setback

full

There’s a lot happening in 22 minutes and it doesn’t feel boring. My only two problems is that I think the villains are doing the work that I think only Chrysalis can handle, and I wish this was an episode from season 4. But it’s at least pretty good.

3. The beginning of the end

full

Because, even though this episode would make more sense in season 4, this is the point where most of things starts to make sense. Twilight’s duty, the retirement of the royal sisters, the return of most villains… It felt big and unpredictable. And I respect that.

2. The last problem

full

Not only we see the evolution of all our favourite characters, not only they look great, not only Luster Dawn is adorable, not only Twilight shares a very relatable fear she had in the past, not only the final song is fantastic, but the episode is also wonderful as the epilogue of a very good show. I can’t imagine a better ending like this one. The only problem I had is that it could be a bit funnier, but it’s still a damn good episode.

1. The last laugh

full

Because not only we got a very nice episode of Pinkie Pie in an era where almost all her episodes were excuses for her to go insane, but the overall story is great, the art direction is great, Cheese Sandwich had a very relatable conflict and the third act is perfect. I wish this episode was funnier, but it’s a very very good one.

Bottom 5 (from bad to worse)

-Daring Done

full

Because, like all the Daring Do episodes, it repeats the same villains, the same misunderstandings, the same situations, the same traps, the same type of dialogue and the same ancient relics. It’s also very weird that the show wanted to show some consequences to some character’s actions but not every character in the show.

-She talks to Angel

full

I think this episode could have been insanely funnier if Fluttershy started to squeeze like a rabbit and Angel just started to talk like Morgan Freeman or something. But the overall approach was very boring. I’m pretty sure they made this episode because the overrated Your Name was really popular.

-Going to seed

full

I would have been fine with this if the episode was funny, but it was overall incredibly boring and surprisingly slow.

-Student Counsel

full

This episode is not as vile as other bad episodes in previous seasons, but the first half of the story was such a headache to follow. It doesn’t make sense that Starlight becomes a workaholic to the point where she forgots Sunburst’s party and Trixie’s picnic. These two are supposed to be her best friends, but the more I think of this episode, the more I believe Starlight said that so she could get away with it.

-A horse shoe in

full

Because, even though the show wanted Trixie to redeem herself, she ends up doing lots of things that you don’t wanna see in the main character of an episode. The worst part is the ending, where, after Starlight’s rant, Trixie decided to be just snidey even though Starlight was right the entire time.

If somebody asked me why I think the season 9 is worse than season 8, it’s because of this one episode.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Back before Season 9 premiered, I had this thought where a kirin would become part of the Student 6 as some sort of parallel to Starlight. Thinking about it again, I’m glad that they didn’t do that, but it still would’ve been interesting to see how a Kirin would become integrated into pony society and adapt to the school like what they did with the different species.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Spinny  
It’s one of the weakest seasons in the show, but it’s not that bad. I think it has the same problems from season 4 and 6. Too much filler, uninteresting episodes, misleading and/or confusing premises, etc.

If it wasn’t for A horse shoe-in, I’d say season 9 was better than season 8. I wish that season got some episodes like The last laugh and The last problem. I like this type of stories.

Now that I think of it, they’re becoming two of my favourite episodes in the show the more I think on them. I didn’t expect that.
Background Pony #4530
@Egil  
I don’t like their fate because it’s an open ending, no one thought Discord would be frozen forever, neither will these 3.  
Having them die would prevent this feeling
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide