Sonic Discussion

I-Hung-Myself
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

What I’d like to see is a completely new version of Sonic ‘06, with super-short loading times (or better yet, none at all), less bugs and glitches galore, revise Elise to be more proactive à la Princess Peach from “The Super Mario Bros. Movie” (like instead of Eggman kidnapping her, she’d chase him down), have Sonic revived in a way that DOESN’T involve said princess kissing him (maybe have Amy do it instead), not have characters constantly repeating the same damn line EVERY FIVE MINUTES in the same level, and in general have many of the ideas that were scrapped be included such as having Super Sonic playable outside of the final chapter and a day/night system.
I-Hung-Myself
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Did Japan ever get any of the Sonic animated series? Because I already know of Sonic X (which they made) and Sonic Boom (titled “Sonic Toon” and I believe it was Netflix-exclusive there)
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
I wasn’t around when SatAM aired (ABC took it off the air, when it was in reruns, one month before I was born), but it must really have stunk being a Sonic fan in Atlanta during the 90s, since the affiliate here on channel 2 bumped it to Sunday mornings at 7:00 am in favor of local news. It was easier to find Adventures (it was on channel 46, which was the no. 2 independent behind TBS before the whole TV realignment mess) than it was to find SatAM.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Stuffed animal
I hate to rant, but I really hate the new card system update in Sonic Dash… Having character cards littered all over the track is distracting, unlocking event characters is more tedious now then collecting tokens for them, (especially because the event character cards hardly show up) and worst of all, you can no longer upgrade character stats with only rings. You now need cards to do it too, which is terrible, because now you can’t upgrade rarer characters or even one time event characters like Pac-Man, or Andronic as they don’t have cards.
Blue Light basically ruined the game.
@DanielOrange
As far as I know, just Sonic X, Boom, and Prime.
The DiC Sonic cartoons never aired there. Probably because Sonic isn’t very popular in Japan.
Posted Report
Background Pony #5816
Sonic should do an upside down marching band that walks on their hands
Posted Report
I-Hung-Myself
Cherry Blossom -

I’m re-listening to “Speed Me Up”, a single based on the Sonic movie, and I’m hit with nostalgia. Specifically, when a month after the movie’s release in theaters the pandemic hit the US, finally allowing me to quit that accursed job cleaning hotels.
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Stuffed animal
I think Sonic Superstars looks great, but one gripe I have is they’re offering too much in pre-order/digital deluxe bonuses.
Either pre-order the physical game and miss out on the cool digital deluxe exclusive stuff, or get the digital deluxe stuff, and miss out on the physical copy bonuses, and stuff…
Posted Report
I-Hung-Myself
Cherry Blossom -

My plan is, I’m going to get “Super Mario Bros. Wonder” on launch day (October) but I’ll wait until my birthday for “Sonic Superstars” (November).
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
I always kinda thought Station Square in Sonic X was kinda modeled after Atlanta, what with trees surrounding the city and all (though the valley-ish range kinda killed that impression; Atlanta lies in a plateau below the Appalachian Mountains, specifically the Piedmont Province).
Posted Report
CalypsoFantasy
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Pre-1932 US car fan
Finally got around to watching the first Sonic movie. It’s pretty mid. Not great but okay. I must say I’m not a fan of this canon. Sonic name-dropping real-life companies and people feels distinctively…un-Sonic-y. Though I find the idea interesting that for Jim Carrey’s Robotnik they basically reversed how Eggman appears in the series: in the games he looks goofy but is absolutely uncompromising. Here it’s exactly the other way around.
Posted Report
CalypsoFantasy
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Pre-1932 US car fan
Okay, the second part definitely blows the first one out of the water. Maybe it was the lack of Sonic’s friends in the first movie, but this was way more entertaining and riveting to watch. Plus all the neat easter eggs references and references. 10/10.
Posted Report
I-Hung-Myself
Cherry Blossom -

Well, we’re getting a final update for Sonic Frontiers…and I’m still not financially stable enough to buy a copy of the game since it launched last year 😭
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide