Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Lord WyrmSpawN
How though? I can’t block with my shield while on the horse and my sword doesn’t have the reach to strike enemies from a safer distance. Are you supposed to use a lance or something? If I get close enough to enemies to hit them it’s inevitable that they’re going to hit me back.
Yeah, I get the feeling of success from overcoming obstacles. I’m just not sure it’s worth the tediousness of dying and reviving hundreds of times just so you can memorize every move of every enemy.
It doesn’t help that I lose my money when I die and then when I inevitably die again trying to recover my money, I lose it permanently. Elden Ring is the only game I’ve ever played where you have to pay to level up.
@Mikey
No. I should have known better but I wanted to see what all the hype was about.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@kleptomage
Souls games have their currencies be used for everything, since they are meant to be opportunity costs. Pro tip: if you have souls that you are unwilling to lose, use an item to return to a bonfire. Don’t risk what you aren’t willing to lose.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@kleptomage
I think it deserves the GOTY spot for its uniqueness. Elden Ring as a single player game, gives catharsis and a online experience unlike most other non-Souls AAA games out there.
In the years where big AAA single player games give easy mode to cater to a wider audience, Elden Ring demands that you the player, invest time and effort learning it.
It’s difficult but it’s fair (well, at least it should be), and the return is less diminishing, the more effort you put into it. I.e, the skill ceiling is high and only reached by those who really put in the research and training to GIT GUD.
If I’m playing Politics I’d totally put Elden Ring as GOTY even if ppl didn’t vote for it. Reason being: to push the industry into a direction that is less Console Exclusive with pretty graphics that is basically Live Action TV Series with interactive elements.
With many games I felt satisfied, like I’ve finished the game myself after watching a 6 hours CUTSCENES video on Youtube. That’s kinda not ideal.
Posted Report
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Ayriana
@Meanlucario
To add to this, save any hard runes you get, the ones you get as items. You never know when they might come in handy in a desperate time. Especially as someone new to the series.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Mikey
Saving hard runes is a great tip I forgot. Pop them (or sell them if the selling price is the same, I don’t know myself) when you need them to reach your goal. Get soft runes first (soft are runes you lose when you die), than top off with hard runes.
Posted Report
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Ayriana
@Meanlucario
Or you can save them for when you need to upgrade gear or buy something from a vendor.
I don’t know how Elden Ring works but I assume bosses still drop big runes, you can use them to get unique weapons or gear. Unless it’s different now.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Games you’ve never heard of: Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Jewel Labyrinth, Crazy Machines 1 & 2, and Journey to the Center of the Earth (2003) by Frogware (what a frustrating point and click).
Some obscure 2000s childhood classics (or trash depending on who you ask)
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
It’s been like a year since it happened, but I still can’t believe I managed to (randomly, mind you) get a Charmander through a single Wonder Trade in Pokemon Sun.
Posted Report
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Unpopular Gaming Opinion: I don’t mind some kid-friendly franchises have a dark and edgy tone, as long it’s handled properly and balanced with some light-hearted moments.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@NitroFury
como que Unpopular Opinion? Your opinion is shared by a lotta people who don’t think kids (by that I mean they already in fifth grade or above) are these sheltered naive innocent babbees.
Get your edge and dark and real shizz in your video games, mang! They can handle it cuz half the time they already be handling darker edgier realer shizz in real life too.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide