MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #F554
I want to see how the unicorns will relearn to use magic.  
Also it is no surprise. Magic will return but the thing is how many bad guys will get even more powerful with the return of magic? Some of them were probably useless without magic.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Magic is fine, but it loses its “magic” when it’s overly used. It’s like in Attack of the clones, when you see too many lightsabers too many times.

As much as I like G4, the use of magic in that show wasn’t the best, especially in the second half of the show.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Collectively, the core species were pretty one-dimensional, and there were almost no variables you could play with.

What if Earth Ponies lose their connection to the land?  
What if pegasi lose the ability to fly and control the weather?  
What if unicorns lose their ability to do magic?  
What if alicorns lose the ability to move the Sun and Moon?  
End of Equestria as we know it. There’s no in-between.

So exploring the long-term consequences of that is kinda the only place for the show’s universe to go while keeping it about the ponies. If G5 is a setting where the Earth Ponies are rediscovering their connection to the land, Pegasi are re-learning flight, Unicorns are re-learning magic, the three tribes are figuring out how to get along, and maybe the other species are poking their heads in, then the setting actually has somewhere to go, even if it’s just back to where G4 was.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
So how tall are the ponies? I’ll go with anthro heights of 5’7 for Sunny, 6’1 for Hitch, 5’0 for Pipp, 6’0 for Zipp, and 6’9 for Izzy, based on the plotshots and TMT’s two height charts.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Wiimeiser  
If we’re going by realistic pony height range. I looked this up, apparently small ponies are usually (50 inches, 127 cm), medium ponies are over (54 inches, 137 cm), and large ponies are no taller than (58 inches, 147 cm). So if Sunny is average height she would be 4.5 feet. I could be wrong though.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Wiimeiser  
That’s why I said if. I’m not to familiar with anthro things, so I’m just gonna guess and say she’s the average height of a normal human female, which is 5’4, apparently.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Honestly, I’d like if G5 stayed focused on Equestria and its ponies,

I agree.

since I feel the loss of focus wasn’t made up for by the expanded scope.

FiM as a whole needed much clearer direction overall. Exactly what that direction should have been is a matter of debate and personal preference.

@DoctorWTF  
I hope so!
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I think Hitch and Zipp are like the older ponies. Zipp seems like the cool aunt and Hitch is kinda like the overprotective dad.

Sunny is in the middle.

And Izzy and Pipp are the youngest ones.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Thank goodness, one writer, Meghan MacCarthy is still here. I hope she can give pointers to the other writers about G5. And if there are any other former G4 staff working on this current gen, I would like to know.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
I have to be honest, I don’t want to marry any of the G5 characters. MLP used to have some of the most lovely cartoon women in the universe. 😔
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide